Adventure of the Seas 3-5-16 sailing now onboard

I read so many negative reviews about how bad this ship looked. DW and I looked all over and did not see anything that made us think this was a floating mess. We had a JS and it was very nice. I know if you look hard enough, you can find something wrong with anything. Overall, we really enjoyed our cruise. We did find the MTD staff rather slow but I think it was because they were spread so thin. We just rolled with the flow. Food was good, I only had one entree I did not like, Steak Diane but the rest was fine for me. We plan to sail on her again in Mar 17.

I read so many negative reviews about how bad this ship looked. DW and I looked all over and did not see anything that made us think this was a floating mess. We had a JS and it was very nice. I know if you look hard enough, you can find something wrong with anything. Overall, we really enjoyed our cruise. We did find the MTD staff rather slow but I think it was because they were spread so thin. We just rolled with the flow. Food was good, I only had one entree I did not like, Steak Diane but the rest was fine for me. We plan to sail on her again in Mar 17.

Good to hear Adventure is still a fine ship. We just booked two more cruises on her.:)

Min0315, thank you for letting me know about the 50's & 60's Rock & Roll party. that sounds like FUN! We do have the late dining, and we do not do the MTD, so do you think this will stop us from attending this? What would you suggest that we do? Where did you say this was located, or on what deck, etc.?

You mentioned at the pool they ask"If you know the song?", and if you do, then dance, etc. that sounds like fun too.

• 2 weeks later...

Any Thoughts on making a 10:22 am Flight????

Sure would be Nice NOT to wait til 1:50 pm Flight....

We would take our luggage off with us!

As I agree Regarding the Tour of Old San Juan, Not Good!!

This is day 8, disembarkation.

There is only one non-flight between SJU and MSP. It leaves at 5:20 pm. So to burn some time we booked an exclusion through Royal. "Old and New San Juan with airport drop off."

Our luggage tags were # 4. So we took our carry on bag and met in the Imperial lounge with others taking excursions at 7:30. About 7:40 they led us off the ship into the terminal. Luggage was in neat rows and we found ours easily. My wife's bag looked like a spotted cow and my bag had "Happy Holidays" ribbons on all sides.

Customs was a breeze. Off the ship to bus waiting for tour, 16 minutes.

Tour was less than spectacular. 3 hours and we made only two stops: the cemetery and church well before you get to the old fort, and second stop the old fort. Only restroom available was at the visitors center at the old fort. The tour driver was hard to understand. We arrived at the airport just before 11:00 am.

When we cruised on Jewel out of San Juan in 2013 we did the "Old and New San Juan Tour" to use up time before out flight as well. We had a very nice experience. Sorry your seemed not as good.

Our flight left around 5pm and the instructions for taking the cruise was that the excursion would get back to the airport at 2pm. Which is what our excursion did. It gave us plenty of time to get our luggage and walk through the airport to our terminal, which happened to be the farthest terminal from where we picked up the luggage. It just was a long walk to our terminal. Did it once, no need to do it again.

We are now onboard Adventure. Left Friday morning from MSP to ATL; then ATL to SJU on Delta. Taxi from SJU airport to Embassy Suites on Isla Verde was exactly 6 minutes to ES and the flat fee was $16.00 plus $1 per bag; so $19 for us before tip. The taxi line at the airport is very efficient.

ES is a great hotel: quick check in at 2:40, two hours of free drinks and snacks from 5:30 to 7:30 pm, on site Outback Steakhouse and wonderful pool area that is lush with foliage. Morning cooked to order breakfast this morning and then checked out at 11:00 am.

Bellman hailed a taxi and it was 12 minutes to the port. Flat rate of $21 and then $1 per bag extra.

There is no special suites or pinnacle line for baggage drop off, as opposed to Ft. Lauderdale. There is a suites and pinnacle line for bag security and x-ray. BUT there are so many suite and pinnacle passengers now that this line was actually longer than those with no C&A status. After security there was a short line and an employee directed us to the next available person to check us in. Filled out and signed the health forms, get pictures taken, got our Seapass cards and good to go. They do check your passport one more time at the top of the ramp before crossing the bridge to the ship.

Enter on deck 4 as usual. We walked to the aft set of elevators and went up to WJ. They opened a few minutes after 11:30. No huge crowd, no masses running for tables. Actually by 12:30 when we left there were more tables open than occupied. It was a very comfortable lunch; plus arriving when it first opened meant that the hot food was hot and the cold food was cold.

Not sure what you mean by soooo many Pinnacles, because your sadly mistaken that there are soooo many Pinnacles now......:rolleyes::rolleyes:.....

Rooms opened exactly at 2:00 pm. Our luggage was waiting for us in the hall. We are in GS 1260. We have stayed in this same stateroom on Navigator recently.

I can see why Adventure needs a dry dock. This room layout is odd and this has less than half of the Navigator storage space. Significant lack of drawers throughout the room. Also no stand with drawers next to the bathroom; translates into less flat surfaces for having things close at hand. Love the double wide balcony with a lounger, two chairs and a table.

Muster is at 5:45. 6:00 pm dinner pushed to 6:30 due to this today. Dinner tonight is "Chives" menu. Suggested entree from chef is Steak Diane with brandy sauce and sautéed mushrooms.

What exactly do you think they are going to do to the staterooms during dry dock regarding the staterooms????? They don't RECONFIGURE the staterooms during a dry dock....:rolleyes: