Adventure of the Seas 3-5-16 sailing now onboard

Like good seasoned cruisers we arrived at the muster station 15 minutes early. Because of multiple language repetitions it was not concluded until nearly 45 minutes later. The longest we have ever had to stand in one place in all of our cruises

Ah, Since my first 4 cruises were out of Miami back in the days when you had to wear your life preserver, I always tried to strike a balance between arriving too early and making people wait.

In St Thomas now. Next S Croix,Antigua,S Lucia,Granada the one sea day back to San Juan.

Didn't get off ship today, been here before. Enjoying quiet pools.

BTW internet goes down more than it stays up.

Same route we are taking. Really looking forward to this live review.

I am probably not going to get internet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In St Thomas now. Next S Croix,Antigua,S Lucia,Granada the one sea day back to San Juan.

Didn't get off ship today, been here before. Enjoying quiet pools.

BTW internet goes down more than it stays up.

What are your internet prices?

Also any reason why your cabins weren't ready until 2:00pm...usually it's by 1:00pm ?

Edited by Ashland

Mystery dinner in Giovanni's is Wednesday night.

We are booked for Thursday evening and lunch on Friday. They only serve their famous lasagna on sea day lunches.

82 and sunny today. The James Bond movie Spectre was on the big outdoor screen from 1 to about 3:30. It was fun because the pool crowd cheared for him whenever he got a bad guy or got a girl.

FYI this is the second night and it is formal. The menu is Saffron; the chef's choice for entree is Corvina Fish Filet.

Ah, Since my first 4 cruises were out of Miami back in the days when you had to wear your life preserver, I always tried to strike a balance between arriving too early and making people wait.

People who come late get booed and walk the walk of shame...

Internet price: If you have some C&A status you may want to wait until you board so any discount is then applied, rather than pre booking when you don't get the discount.

This ship and sailing is $20 for first device and $10 for second for each day for the week. So $30 for two devices, 7 days, $210. They they apply your C&A discount. Ours was 15% off.

If you have more than two devices on this plan you must go to "log off.com" to eliminate one of the two registered devices to use a third. You then need to wait 20 minutes for the system to reset to allow another device.

Edited by minn0315

Following this thread and hoping the OP has a great time on board.

The Activity Manager on this sailing is Margot Van Erck, but she leaves after this sailing. Perhaps the OP can find out from Margot who is taking over on 3/12. If not perhaps Moochieg who is getting on Adventure next week will let me know.

Take good care of our ship. We board in a week! Have a wonderful trip.

What are your internet prices?

Also any reason why your cabins weren't ready until 2:00pm...usually it's by 1:00pm ?

One crew member said that since we don't depart until 8:30 pm they get an extra hour to make sure everything is correct.

Following this thread and hoping the OP has a great time on board.

The Activity Manager on this sailing is Margot Van Erck, but she leaves after this sailing. Perhaps the OP can find out from Margot who is taking over on 3/12. If not perhaps Moochieg who is getting on Adventure next week will let me know.

I'll ask the concierge tonight.

Internet price: If you have some C&A status you may want to wait until you board so any discount is then applied, rather than pre booking when you don't get the discount.

This ship and sailing is $20 for first device and $10 for second for each day for the week. So $30 for two devices, 7 days, $210. They they apply your C&A discount. Ours was 15% off.

If you have more than two devices on this plan you must go to "log off.com" to eliminate one of the two registered devices to use a third. You then need to wait 20 minutes for the system to reset to allow another device.

Thanks...just wondering...yes we're D+.

We've done the same itinerary out of San Juan and the cabins were ready at 1:00pm...so wondered if this was a new change and should be expected for the delay until 2:00pm when we board in May.

Thanks for taking time to answer. Enjoy

Mystery dinner in Giovanni's is Wednesday night.

We are booked for Thursday evening and lunch on Friday. They only serve their famous lasagna on sea day lunches.

82 and sunny today. The James Bond movie Spectre was on the big outdoor screen from 1 to about 3:30. It was fun because the pool crowd cheared for him whenever he got a bad guy or got a girl.

FYI this is the second night and it is formal. The menu is Saffron; the chef's choice for entree is Corvina Fish Filet.

Thanks so much. Our reservation just opened last week I think and it wasn't mentioned. We def want to book it.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

We board on May 28th, but not the same route. We're leaving out of San Juan but we go to St. Martin, Aruba, Curacao and Bonaire.

Looking forward to reading the rest of your review!!!

I can't decide if I want to get internet or not. All I would need it for would be to check my email every once in a while and posting pictures on Facebook :)

I haven't attempted the photo thing yet here but we did take cabin pics when we first got here.

Last night was the captain's reception with free flowing champagne from roving waiters. Since also formal night there were long lines for professional photos before you go into the MDRs.

Justed docked in St Croix. Captain made the announcement that the pilot guiding us in had never seen such hard rain or such strong winds from the west.

The captain said this should pass and we will see sun later today. High of 84.

Regarding cruise director Mercedes and activity director Margot: our concierge, Ryno Strapp looked like a dear in the headlights when I asked about their tenure.

He stated that he did'nt know and how would he know. Odd...

Regarding cruise director Mercedes and activity director Margot: our concierge, Ryno Strapp looked like a dear in the headlights when I asked about their tenure.

He stated that he did'nt know and how would he know. Odd...

Odd indeed. Thanks for asking.

Perhaps you'll run across one of them yourself and get a response.

Enjoying your review! I will be on Adventure in Dec...it will be my 3rd time sailing from SJ & the 2nd time on Adventure...

Agree the ES is a beautiful hotel...we spent 2nts there precruise in 2010 & have often said we would like to go back & just vacation there for a few days...

Went ashore today in St Croix. In the US VI you must have both your sea pass card and a government issued picture ID to leave the island to return to the ship. We took our passports. Checked by island security twice before returning to ship.

Lots of small tents with locals selling goods. I stopped at Polly's Cafe for a beer. I inquired about local beers and the owner said the closest ones are from St John. So I got a "Virgin Islands IPA" from St John. When I finished the beer, $5, I read the label: brewed and bottled for Vigin Islands brewing by (some real brewery) in Portland, Maine!

Concierge invited us to tour the bridge. Very strict security screening, more than the most stringent airport I've ever been to. Another must is hand sanitation which is supervised before entering the bridge. Since we had been docked for 2 hours the only person on the bridge was the first officer (co pilot if you will). He gave us a tour and explained things very well with ample time for questions and pictures, but no video allowed. One of the most interesting things I've done on a ship.

Sun is now out. Very humid today. Tonight's menu is "Pimiento", with chef's selection for entree, garlic tiger shrimp. Dress is casual/70s attire.

We are opting for Johnny Rocket's for dinner tonight then the headliner, Lou Gazzara, in the theater at 7:00 and 9:00.