Online Room Selection - Anybody else notice changes?

t4jes

I already have my cruise booked, but often like to go back on the Carnival page to see what rooms are still available.

I noticed today that there were changes to the page. After selecting class, location, and deck, instead of leading to a page that gives you options of rooms to choose (with the deck map on the side), it seems to automatically assign you to a room, with no option to see what else is open on that deck or to choose another one (even though it says you can choose your own room location.

I know it's not that there aren't other rooms available in that category, because I tried multiple cruises, including ones that were over a year away, and I know that two days ago, the site looked different.

I haven't changed browsers, and haven't done anything differently.

Anybody else seeing the same thing?

If they did make the change, that definitely makes online booking much more limited and far more annoying. I know you can call in to a PVP, but still seems like a huge hassle for those of us who enjoy cyberspace travel planning.

Ugh, sounds like what Royal Caribbean did when they "upgraded" their site during the autumn. The system automatically assigns you a room based on your selected category, and you have to hunt on your own should you wish to change rooms. It's not difficult to do, but they don't make it obvious how to do it.

I'm not seeing the automatic room assignment on Carnival's website on this particular computer and in the browsers that I use, but sometimes I get the new site layout and sometimes I get the old one. Varies by itinerary, even. I'll report back once I see it, particularly if I find some obscure way to force cabin selection (other than using an online TA website, of course).

Just did it and it even though I selected to choose my own room it was chosen for me [emoji53]. Thank you so much for this post though because upon doing my mock booking I noticed there was a price reduction for my cruise and called my TA and saved another $50!! I have a price reduction notification thing set up but didn't get an email. Guess it doesn't notify for reductions on 3rd & 4th guests [emoji53]. I'll have to keep an eye on that myself it seems, unless someone knows of a site that notifies for this.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

I see the change too. It's terrible; don't like any of the changes to the booking process they've made recently. Guess that solidifies me using other sites to book my Carnival cruise as I can still choose my cabin on those (plus earn rewards and OBC)

Room is being automatically selected. The more options choice is only letting you choose which rate class, not the room number. Maybe this is being done to get people to call a live person.

Edited by n6uqqq

Using Chrome or IE would not show me what rooms were available, but Firefox did. So weird :confused::confused:

I couldn't get anything with IE. Also had no trouble with Firefox. I now have to go through Firefox to pay on our cruise using a GC bought at 10% discount through AARP.

For me the more options comes up when you choose which type of rate to book. Yes you can choose forward, aft etc, what deck but when it comes to room it provides you with a number preselected and no option to choose an actual number. This is on firefox.

Edited by n6uqqq

Just did it and it even though I selected to choose my own room it was chosen for me [emoji53]. Thank you so much for this post though because upon doing my mock booking I noticed there was a price reduction for my cruise and called my TA and saved another $50!! I have a price reduction notification thing set up but didn't get an email. Guess it doesn't notify for reductions on 3rd & 4th guests [emoji53]. I'll have to keep an eye on that myself it seems, unless someone knows of a site that notifies for this.

I subscribe to cruise fish dot net - for $1 you can put all the variables (including 3rd/4th passengers) - initially it costs $5 however that gives you 5 cruises to follow (or credits for the future) - on my cruise last year the fish site saved us over $400 in reductions and I didn't have to look up 3x a day -

I am not seeing these types of changes with IE or Chrome. Still get the grid to choose from available cabins. Definately odd and quirky for those getting something different.

I just checked using IE and nothing was different.

It said choose your own or we pick - just like always. I clicked choose your own and the following screens were the ones I've been using the last few weeks.:cool:

I subscribe to cruise fish dot net - for $1 you can put all the variables (including 3rd/4th passengers) - initially it costs $5 however that gives you 5 cruises to follow (or credits for the future) - on my cruise last year the fish site saved us over $400 in reductions and I didn't have to look up 3x a day -

Thanks, I'll check it out.

The Ship Mate app will notify you via email of price drops for free. I just got my second price drop on my July cruise today.

The Ship Mate app will notify you via email of price drops for free. I just got my second price drop on my July cruise today.

This is what I use and I've gotten the price alerts but wasn't notified with 3rd and 4th guest price reduction when 1 & 2 remained the same. Only caught it today myself because of this post.

I don't like this new booking page process. In IE, I was not able to proceed to other options of rooms in my room type. In Chrome, I eventually could get to more options, and then got a deck plan with available rooms showing.

I do have a PVP, but I like to be prepared when I call her. I like to already have my preferred room picked out, and one or more others as a back up if not available. I don't like having to make a snap decision on the phone, and don't like to tie up her time while I ponder things.

Why do they insist on messing up the website? No sooner you get used to it, and they have turned it all upside down again.:confused:

I will survive of course, as always, and will just use chrome. But still is annoying.

Edited by SMSACE6