Hyatt Place 17th St or Embassy Suites or Best Western Oceanside?

phabric

There will be 4 adults (myself, daughter, daughter & boyfriend) for 2 nights Dec 21,22 pre cruise. Would be at a hotel by noon.

Embassy Suites is about $30 more. Have stayed a few times at Hyatt Place. All have free breakfast.

Which you would choose?

Edited by phabric

Just stayed at the Hyatt Place with valuetrips - great deal and it also includes 10 days free parking - I would recommend taking a taxi to the port - it was $7 per person for the Hyatt shuttle or $10 (including tip) for a cab for 4 people to the Princess dock.

The Hyatt employees were all very welcoming - we arrived around 1pm and were checked in immediately - did not have to wait until 3pm

I highly recommend this place - there is a large mall a short walk away.

Smitty

I would choose them in this order:

ES (only you can decide if $30 is worth it, but to me it's a small amount)

HP

BW

BW is closer to the beach but it's not on the beach and it's not that close to many restaurants. So it's still a great choice but not as convenient as the others.

We enjoy staying in that area and like the Embassy Suites and the Holiday Inn Express- Hyatt is good too. The ES has lots of extras- big comfortable lounge areas and a bar and restaurant, breakfast, manager's reception and spacious suites.

You essentially have 2 full days. I would rather stay somewhere more touristy than urban, but the BW looks like a dump to me as well. Strictly out of those 3 choices, I would go with the ES, but I would also be looking for something near the beach and Las Olas area (pricier, but what the heck, it's vacation and Christmas).

You essentially have 2 full days. I would rather stay somewhere more touristy than urban, but the BW looks like a dump to me as well. Strictly out of those 3 choices, I would go with the ES, but I would also be looking for something near the beach and Las Olas area (pricier, but what the heck, it's vacation and Christmas).

BW doesn't look like a dump to me. It's an old motel that has had extensive renovations. They recently replaced the metal catwalk railings with beautiful glass railings and it looks really nice. It has a pool and a full liquor bar too.

BW doesn't look like a dump to me. It's an old motel that has had extensive renovations. They recently replaced the metal catwalk railings with beautiful glass railings and it looks really nice. It has a pool and a full liquor bar too.

I guess when you see an old building all the time, then improvements would stand out to a local. It still looked like an old dump of a place to me when I looked at it as a tourist less than 2 months ago. Plus I'm not a fan of how shoehorned it is into that property. Rooms on the north side can practically reach out and touch the B Ocean (or whatever it's called this year, another hotel that looks like it's time has long passed by).

Attending a conference at the Harbor Beach Marriott this morning and I drove through the Best Western on the way here because I wanted to get a better look at the renovations and it looks amazing.

It may now be the best deal in this area.

While not directly on the beach, it is very short walking distance and shares the beach with some pretty swank hotels (HB Marriott, Lago Mar) and some REALLY high end real estate.

There will be 4 adults (myself, daughter, daughter & boyfriend) for 2 nights Dec 21,22 pre cruise. Would be at a hotel by noon.

Embassy Suites is about $30 more. Have stayed a few times at Hyatt Place. All have free breakfast.

Which you would choose?

If you are only getting one room Embassy Suites gives you private bedroom

Attending a conference at the Harbor Beach Marriott this morning and I drove through the Best Western on the way here because I wanted to get a better look at the renovations and it looks amazing.

It may now be the best deal in this area.

While not directly on the beach, it is very short walking distance and shares the beach with some pretty swank hotels (HB Marriott, Lago Mar) and some REALLY high end real estate.

We drove by yesterday and I couldn't believe the change to the exterior! It was very well done. We didn't stop in (and have never stayed there) so I don't know if the upgrades extend to the interior. I do agree about the location - in addition to the nice neighborhood, there are restaurants within walking distance.

We like to stay at Embassy Suites but have Hyatt gift certificates so we're staying at Hyatt Place on our cruise in April. We stayed at one last year in Tampa and I've stayed at a few during business travels and have never had a problem.

However, Embassy Suites is hard to beat. Free cocktails, evening appetizers, and the best breakfast of any hotel chain. The room also has a door to close so your daughter and her boyfriend will have privacy. I think it's worth the extra $30.

Here is a photo I took of the exterior of the Best Western this morning if anyone cares.

Thanks for the pic, it does look like an improvement. Have they ditched the salmon color around the rest of the exterior as well, because I think that was what contributed to it's lousy (to me) look.

Thanks for the pic, it does look like an improvement. Have they ditched the salmon color around the rest of the exterior as well, because I think that was what contributed to it's lousy (to me) look.

Yes, it's light blue and white.

Right now we are booked at the Hyatt Place 17th St. My hubby has a hard time walking due to hip and knee issue's he can walk some just not far. How far are the restaurants from Hyatt Place would we be better off at the Best Western.

Thanks for any info

Pam

Right now we are booked at the Hyatt Place 17th St. My hubby has a hard time walking due to hip and knee issue's he can walk some just not far. How far are the restaurants from Hyatt Place would we be better off at the Best Western.

Thanks for any info

Pam

Hyatt Place is a much better location for short walk to restaurants. Several immediately in the area.

It's all white.

They did the same thing to the Courtyard Marriott FLL Beach. It went from a drab beige to all white and looks so much better.