Upsell email

iriemon

Received an email offering an upgrade from an inside room to a balcony for $99. I really think this is a good deal so called right away but got a voice mail. Anyone know how long it takes for them to get back to you? I am hoping they all are not taken before then.

I hope you get it! Please come back to let us know. I have never taken an upsell on Princess, I have on Holland America from balcony to full suite, and loved it!

I have done many upsells in fact usually book the cheapest room and wait for them but have never had to leave a voice mail usually get an agent right away

I have done many upsells in fact usually book the cheapest room and wait for them but have never had to leave a voice mail usually get an agent right away

I have been lucky enough to get the email twice! Both times I had to leave a voice mail and both times I got the call back the next morning!

We've taken an upsell twice in the past five months. Both times we had to leave a message. Once the call was returned in a couple hours, the other time it was the next day.

While you're waiting, it would be wise to look at the Princess site to see which balconies are available. Then you can be ready with which one you would like.

Jim

I am on the same sailing as Iriemon and also received the email. However, the upsells begin at 99 dollars depending on the stateroom. Also, as a solo cruiser, I would have to pay 200% (damn fine print). I did leave a voice mail, and I may consider $198.00 but don't think I would go any higher. I am going to wait and see what they offer.

EDIT I just looked at my email again and it is $99 for a balcony. The deluxe is higher.

Sorry if I confused anyone.

Edited by cruserfromct

Couple of hours to next day.

The suggestion from Jasbo49 was excellent.

Last year we got an upsell offer from an inside to a balcony. When I spoke to the agent she offered a balcony in an area and on a deck that we do not prefer. I had already checked and knew that one (IMHO) aft deluxe balcony was available. I asked for that one and got it!!

If I had booked that balcony as opposed to the one offered, it would have cost $600+ pp more. Got it for the same price as the original upsell offer.:D

Couple of hours to next day.

The suggestion from Jasbo49 was excellent.

Last year we got an upsell offer from an inside to a balcony. When I spoke to the agent she offered a balcony in an area and on a deck that we do not prefer. I had already checked and knew that one (IMHO) aft deluxe balcony was available. I asked for that one and got it!!

If I had booked that balcony as opposed to the one offered, it would have cost $600+ pp more. Got it for the same price as the original upsell offer.:D

I did check to see what was available and have my list. Did not think of asking for the aft ones (if they are available ) thanks for the suggestion

I am on the same sailing as Iriemon and also received the email. However, the upsells begin at 99 dollars depending on the stateroom. Also, as a solo cruiser, I would have to pay 200% (damn fine print). I did leave a voice mail, and I may consider $198.00 but don't think I would go any higher. I am going to wait and see what they offer.

EDIT I just looked at my email again and it is $99 for a balcony. The deluxe is higher.

Sorry if I confused anyone.

I feel your pain regarding the single supplements as I usually travel solo also. This time my DD is going. Let's see who gets called first and reports back here

To continue... We think we would be happier with our unobstructed OV (category OB) than a higher OV category or a balcony in a poor location.

Don't think you will but you can always turn it down or ignore the email

Wow....in almost 50 cruises, I have only gotten 1 notification for a sizeable upgrade and that was from inside to obstructed ocean view. It was a really good upgrade through as I loved the room we got.

On Celebrity, I requested an upgrade to a specific aft cabin once onboard and full well expected to be charged extra for it but they gave it to me. That was awesome.

I have never ever received an upsell notification, though. I am not giving up hope....it still could happen. I have my fingers crossed.

I am just wondering, are the upsells going to people in certain cabin types or to elite passengers, first time cruisers, people who have booked guarantees, etc? Does anyone know the criteria they use to pick who gets the upsells and who does not??

Edited by Cruise Raider

It is not that we would not want an upsell.

But, I wouldn't be counting on any upgrades to balcony on this sailing. (Alaska S/B) But, there are quite a number of balconies still available.

Seems to be more post about upsells than upgrades. And, that gives you the opportunity to make the choice.

Our cabin is like a balcony, but with a larger picture window.

It is on the correct side of the ship for viewing, while Southbound.

And, it is a nice mid-ship location.

Hard to give that up for a balcony that might be in a bad location.

The call goes to yield management. It does not go to reps in customer service.

There are only a few that work these upgrades/upsells. Calls are taken in order that they are received. Remember they are dealing with the entire fleet some of which are sailing sooner then you.

As long as you called right away at least you are in line for a call back. ;)

our wait time was usually less than 24 hours. One email came close to closing time for her hours...so next day received call

others have been same day

last November had M101 forward facing balcony on regal for 10 day cruise , received email upsell for minisuite in location not preferable , so turned it down

as cruise got closer I saw that M107 and M108 opened up, called back and yes could receive upsell for the difference in what I paid and the current rate..........it was almost $1800 p/p so again said no thanks

then 10 days before cruise M107 and M108 were still available ...........called back and this time snagged M107 for $249 P/P .......the room was amazing and the balcony was over the top....would love this cabin on any Regal/ Royal sailing

Just curious, as I am not counting on any real upgrades or upsells on our booking. But, if one has your cabin locked in as no upgrade, could you still be offered an upsell?

Yes, we recently received an upsell offer on a booking for which our cabin is marked no upgrade. So I know that's possible, but don't know whether it happens often.

I just heard back regarding my upsell offer. I did not alike any of the stateroom balconies I was being offered. Tried to talk her into a Deluxe for the same price but was not happening. I was not going to pay an additional $400 as a solo for the deluxe. Oh well.... I am happy where I am and that I will be cruising in a little over three weeks!!!! All is good....

Edited by cruserfromct

Got the call back. Went from an inside to a balcony midship on the Baja for $200. DD and I are very happy

Tried to correct with the edit but waited too long. I am not on the Baja but on the Aloha which we like to be higher

I received an upsell offer today from a balcony to a mini for $99. Since I had booked a guarantee balcony and was assigned a mid-ship premium balcony on Caribe deck, I'm pretty happy with my cabin so will pass on the offer. I am Platinum with 13 cruises with Princess and have received several upsell offers so have no idea what the logic is.

Got the call back. Went from an inside to a balcony midship on the Aloha for $200. DD and I are very happy

Congratulations on getting your upsell at a price that was good for you. :)

Last year on a Regal 18 day TA we accepted a $249/pp upsell to go from an inside (great price) to a deluxe balcony cabin which we enjoyed with so many sea days.

Edited by Astro Flyer

Congratulations on getting your upsell at a price that was good for you. :)

Last year on a Regal 18 day TA we accepted a $249/pp upsell to go from an inside (great price) to a deluxe balcony cabin which we enjoyed with so many sea days.

Yes we got a great deal on the inside room and it included gratuities so this made it even sweeter