Have you had a night without a show?

On our 2/28 Jewel cruise, we had an evening without a show in the theater. It was replaced by a movie. We ran in to the cruise director and asked what happened, as we assumed someone cancelled at the last moment. He told us that this has been happening for over a year and it was by request of the guests - he said they requested a break from the shows. Do you feel this is a ridiculous statement? We cruised the Jewel last April and had shows every night. If someone wants a break, they could just not attend. I, for one, really enjoy the shows and look at this as a relaxing way to end my day. Are you finding this on all cruises? I know that on Oasis and Allure, there was a night without a show, because they offered only 6 to book. I missed them on those ships, also.

I definitely could see it. I am one who doesn't want to go to a show EVERY night, but I also don't want to miss out on any of the big shows. I am not sure what to expect for our cruise next week on the Liberty, but my preference would be 5 shows out of 7 nights.

On our 2/28 Jewel cruise, we had an evening without a show in the theater. It was replaced by a movie. We ran in to the cruise director and asked what happened, as we assumed someone cancelled at the last moment. He told us that this has been happening for over a year and it was by request of the guests - he said they requested a break from the shows. Do you feel this is a ridiculous statement? We cruised the Jewel last April and had shows every night. If someone wants a break, they could just not attend. I, for one, really enjoy the shows and look at this as a relaxing way to end my day. Are you finding this on all cruises? I know that on Oasis and Allure, there was a night without a show, because they offered only 6 to book. I missed them on those ships, also.

Yes but Oasis and Allure have many different entertainment options... Aqua shows, ice shows etc.

On the Radiance you're pretty much limited to the main theatre.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

We were on Serenade of the Seas in mid-January for a ten night cruise and were also surprised to see that one night a movie was substituted for a show. Evidently it seems just like one more cut back by RCCL to save money.

A movie or no show at all is standard on Holland America, but I've never seen that on a RCI cruise.

That said, unless it's changed, Oasis Class only offers 6 shows so there's 1 night you don't have a show unless you go to a show twice.

In many cases I'd rather see a movie than a show. I've seen some good shows but also ones that I thought were so bad I was embarrassed for the performers.

I like to check out the films and they are one of the few reasons for me to enter the theatre. I never go to the "Salute to Broadway/Motown/Hee-Haw" type shows, Quest, etc.

I wish there were more international, independent and documentary film.

Edited by Bookish Angel

On Adventure now. Today is day 4, Tuesday. Tonight in the big theater is the movie "Everest".

This is even though it has already been on the large outdoor screen on the pool deck as well as the small screening room on deck 2.

The only talent this week that has ever been on Broadway or Las Vegas was last night's headliner, Lou Gazarra. He was a finalist on American Idol season two. He was fantastic last night!