Worth it???

mrizer7773

Only you can determine if it is worth it- that is a personal decision. But to help make that decision, you need to know RCI's prices, and you should probably look on the Gulf Coast Departures board, here:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=414

where you will find other options and their prices.

On a per person basis, it seems reasonable, for sure.

Is it worth it to have a private driver from the Houston airport to the Galveston terminal @ $224 including tip for four people? Cruising with Royal Caribbean and didn't check their options price wise.

If you are flying in the day of you would have to compare the prices with whatever Royal Caribbean is offering. If you are flying in the day prior and are staying near the airport, and your hotel offers free shuttle transfers, then again, see what Royal Caribbean is offering.

However, if you are flying in the day before and your are not staying near the airport, then your other option is a taxi and I believe a taxi would be more expensive.

We rented a car one way from Houston airport to Galveston and it was cheapest option to get to Galveston. From the Galveston facility, Enterprise if I remember correct, shuttled me to the terminal after I dropped everyone off first. Coming home we hired a limo from Galveston port to the airport, again cheapest way to go.

Is it worth it to have a private driver from the Houston airport to the Galveston terminal @ $224 including tip for four people? Cruising with Royal Caribbean and didn't check their options price wise.

What is worth it to one may not be to another.

Assuming you are flying into IAH and not HOU (the latter much closer to Galveston) then $55 per person is not significantly higher than what you would pay for a coach transfer which you would be sitting on waiting to fill up rather that your own personal driver and baggage handler leaving the airport as soon as you are ready.

Edited by fishywood