Table for two?

mklions

Hi,

My wife and I are booked in a PH suite on Sirena sailing from Athens on 3rd June.

My question is we often like to dine just as a couple, not because we are unsociable but now and again I like to have dinner within a reasonable time frame. (We often skip the desserts and coffee courses)

How easy is it to get a table for two at both the MDR and the speciality restaurants and does being in a suite have any dinning benefits?

Thanks,

Mklions

We always dine at a table for two and never had an issue in the main dining room. We generally dine late.

Specialties can be a challenge for us to get a table for tow since we are usually in a lower cabin when reservations open. But, we've always managed with a very late seating. Given that you are in a PH, make your specialty reservations as soon as they open up for your cabin class.

We've had tables for two at both specialty restaurants and the GDR and have never had a problem doing so. We make our Specialty rez online as soon as our booking window becomes available and can usually get either 6:30 or 7:30.

The hardest place to dine as a twosome is Terraces at any meal but that's a great time to meet new folks.

Being in a PH you can have your butler serve you course by course in your suite

We have not had a problem getting a table for 2 in any venue

In the Terrace you may have to wander around a bit to get one

Being in a PH you can have your butler serve you course by course in your suite

We have not had a problem getting a table for 2 in any venue

In the Terrace you may have to wander around a bit to get one

No reservations in the Terrace. First come first seated.

I'm always surprised at questions about the availability of tables for two. No doubt that is because fairly often we've been seated at a table for two when we had requested to share. (This is mainly in the GDR.)

Timing is the issue if you want to share, as we do ... if you arrive at a time when there aren't others who want to share they won't seat you at a larger table because maybe no one will show up in time for the service to be efficient.

Whenever we've asked for a table for two in a specialty, we haven't had a problem ... but we are usually in a PH so can make reservations earlier than others. We prefer a 7:30 time and haven't had problems. If we do, we ask to share. (But we're more likely to make arrangements with others on our Roll Call for a table for 4 or 6.)

The problem with a table for two in Terrace (yes, Lyn!) is that it is true that they don't have a large number of these. We usually end up taking a table for 4-6, hoping that someone will ask to join us. Sometimes they do! (Don't get me wrong, if we are dining by ourselves and see a table for two, we will take it. It's just that usually we don't. See one, I mean.)

Mura