Captain Albert will be doing updates on Koningsdam

vagporto

The lights in the dining room are beautiful!!

Does anyone know if the former Ryndam crew will make up part of the Koningsdam's crew? Just wondered what happened to all of them---scattered out around the other HAL ships? Or maybe now on the new ship? This has probably been asked and answered somewhere, but if so I missed it. They were THE BEST crew.

I don't know about that crew but he says the crew is taken from all over the fleet and it is the most experienced members available and this is backed up by what is mentioned by those writing blogs from the world cruise where several of their favourite crew have left to join koningsdam.

Man I am so excited

Sent from my iPod touch using Forums mobile app

Just read the blog of the 12th, fascinating stuff about the 2 ships in one. No more toilet problems I read so much about on the boards [emoji1]

My only worry is like Microsoft and Windows when you change the way you have historically done things there can be catastrophic results ... My non functioning laptop being exhibit A

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

We just got off the Maasdam and two of our waiters left to join the Koningsdam, the wine steward & the assistant waiter. They'll need experienced personnel to bring a new ship into service. It must be an honour to be chosen to join a new ship.

Captain Albert said in his latest blog that guests would be coming aboard on April 4. We are on the "Premier Voyage" that leaves April 8. Who will be on board from the 4th until the 8th?

HAL Business Development Team( sales team)

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

They also opened it up to HAL Employees and Vendors and their families. Basically a Shake Down cruise with one port or Croatia. Actually I know of a Business Dev. Rep that will be boarding on the 3rd, they are coming on board for their Annual Meeting. They board in the ship yard. The Koningsdam will actually arrive in Civitavecchia on the 7th and dock over night and the HAL Employees and invited guests will disembark the morning of the 8th. My understanding for the pre-cruise it will be a full ship. The Premier Cruise on the 8th is the first revenue cruise.

They also opened it up to HAL Employees and Vendors and their families. Basically a Shake Down cruise with one port or Croatia. Actually I know of a Business Dev. Rep that will be boarding on the 3rd, they are coming on board for their Annual Meeting. They board in the ship yard. The Koningsdam will actually arrive in Civitavecchia on the 7th and dock over night and the HAL Employees and invited guests will disembark the morning of the 8th. My understanding for the pre-cruise it will be a full ship. The Premier Cruise on the 8th is the first revenue cruise.

So interesting!! Thank you for the info!

Wonder if HAL is kicking itself for pushing back the dates when they could have her completed by this weekend it sounds like?

Wonder if HAL is kicking itself for pushing back the dates when they could have her completed by this weekend it sounds like?

The original sailing was February so no they did need to push back the sailing :D There were also other things involved in moving back the date, I am thinking it had to do with the Christening of the Ship. Plus I did not take it at all that they would be completed by this weekend. I think they will be pushing it to have it ready by the third when I know some of the first guests come on board.