Crystal Block

You get presented with your first crystal block at 140 points. If that 140th point/night is the last night of your cruise will you still get the block for that ship on that cruise?

It is a good idea to let the C&A person know early in the cruise that you will be hitting 140 points, just in case.

You get presented with your first crystal block at 140 points. If that 140th point/night is the last night of your cruise will you still get the block for that ship on that cruise?

Hi Sunset, sorry to inform you that we will not be cruising with you in December. We decided to change plans and go back on the Navigator of the Seas instead. Hope you have a good time and your husband gets some good flowboarding time in.

The loyalty embassador has some blocks usually stashed away so getting one should not be a problem while you are onboard.

To the OP...congrats on making your milestone! :D

Even if the LA is out of stock on the blocks, they will happily send one to your house.

And to those that may be cruising on the Serenade....make sure you have your printed page

showing your points AND print out the rules from RCI website stating you are to

receive that block ON the cruise that you actually make the milestone and show those

to her. She still does not get it. :eek: :(

Edited by island lady

To the OP...congrats on making your milestone! :D

Even if the LA is out of stock on the blocks, they will happily send one to your house.

And to those that may be cruising on the Serenade....make sure you have your printed page

showing your points AND print out the rules from RCI website stating you are to

receive that block ON the cruise that you actually make the milestone and show those

to her. She still does not get it. :eek: :(

She is not the only one who doesn't "get it". Tried to get ours when we hit 140 and was told you get it on next cruise. Next cruise came and was told should have got on last cruise. Called C&A about it, " sorry too late". :(

She is not the only one who doesn't "get it". Tried to get ours when we hit 140 and was told you get it on next cruise. Next cruise came and was told should have got on last cruise. Called C&A about it, " sorry too late". :(

I guess they don't read their own rules. What is really a shame is the way C&A handled

it by telling you "sorry too late". :( Sorry to hear you had such a bad experience with

what should have been your first block.

We ended up getting ours on our next cruise, which was the Enchantment. The LA remembered us

from several cruises with them and when I told her what the LA on Serenade told us, she confirmed

that the Serenade LA was wrong and told me she would like to do a presentation with pictures etc.

at the welcome back party. Very nicely done.

They really do it right on Enchantment! :)

Edited by island lady

I don't know how long ago this happened, but I would call C&A again. Most likely you will talk to a different person. You should get that block. They can look at your list of cruises and see if you have been given your block. They will tell you to expect the block in 6-8 weeks, but mine came within a week.

I don't know how long ago this happened, but I would call C&A again. Most likely you will talk to a different person. You should get that block. They can look at your list of cruises and see if you have been given your block. They will tell you to expect the block in 6-8 weeks, but mine came within a week.

^^ This. :)

We never knew about the block and should had gotten it on the EX last year. On the Grandeur after finding out about it in the DL, we stopped by and the C&A rep gave us one of the grandeur. Will be getting a second one in a couple of cruises now and looks like it will be another Grandeur. Wish we had gotten the EX one when we should had.

Hi Sunset, sorry to inform you that we will not be cruising with you in December. We decided to change plans and go back on the Navigator of the Seas instead. Hope you have a good time and your husband gets some good flowboarding time in.

The loyalty embassador has some blocks usually stashed away so getting one should not be a problem while you are onboard.

Sorry to hear you won't be on Harmony but Navigator is a great ship - probably my favorite. We did a B2B on her after she got the flowrider and my husband said it was a fast one. Enjoy your cruise!

We never receive our blocks during the cruise, always have to call C&A and have them mailed to us.

Sorry to hear you won't be on Harmony but Navigator is a great ship - probably my favorite. We did a B2B on her after she got the flowrider and my husband said it was a fast one. Enjoy your cruise!

We were on it last December and I found that the Navigators flowrider was a little faster and steeper then the Allures. I really liked the padded grates over the hard plastic ones as well. We had such a good time on the Navigator cruise that we decided that we wanted to go back on it over the new ship. The 9 day southern itinerary helped make the decision a little easier too;). Hope you guys have a good time on the new ship and maybe someday we will get to cruise with you:).

I'm debating what ship to book for our cruise after Freedom as that will be our First Crystal Block (Dust collector as the DH Calls it) Cruise! My DH thinks I'm crazy!

No matter which ship, at least you won't have a repeat at your first block.

One down...and....twenty five to go! ;)

I just wanted to say thanks to all who responded to my post and made suggestions. I called C&A this morning and again explained my position. The lady I spoke to was very sympathetic and was able to confirm the block was due and not provided. She said it would be ordered and sent to us. :D

Edited by cruisingsince94

I just wanted to say thanks to all who responded to my post and made suggestions. I called C&A this morning and again explained my position. The lady I spoke to was very sympathetic and was able to confirm the block was due and not provided. She said it would be ordered and sent to us. :D

That's great! I'm glad you called, had success and shared that with us.

I'm debating what ship to book for our cruise after Freedom as that will be our First Crystal Block (Dust collector as the DH Calls it) Cruise! My DH thinks I'm crazy!

Congrats, Sara! Tell Ron he sounds a little like John......they all went to the same school! Like Island Lady(Hi from CG) said, no worries about the first one. The hard part, or fun part, however you think of it, is trying to determine which ship to go on after you have several, so you don't duplicate! I received one on Oasis last year, one on Vision in January this year, and John and I will get one on Brilliance next month! (No duplicates, yet!)Fun planning! Hugs to those two cuties!:D

Edited by cruising grandma

Congrats, Sara! Tell Ron he sounds a little like John......they all went to the same school! Like Island Lady(Hi from CG) said, no worries about the first one. The hard part, or fun part, however you think of it, is trying to determine which ship to go on after you have several, so you don't duplicate! I received one on Oasis last year, one on Vision in January this year, and John and I will get one on Brilliance next month! (No duplicates, yet!)Fun planning! Hugs to those two cuties!:D

Hey Girl!! Glad to hear you are having a great time in Grand Cayman! :)

Yeah, that is why we did not book a JS on Brilliance when we were on board with you

in January. Already had a block from Brilliance. ;) Was supposed to get one on Serenade,

but LA was a bit confused on her policies, so we got that one on Enchantment instead (Did not have one from there either).

Leaving for our Spring Florida Panhandle tour in about a week. Land Yacht cruising again.