Barcelona Hotels

Mr305

How many nights are you staying in Barcelona for? I have stayed twice in Barcelona renting a private apartment both times. It depends on what you are looking for, the first time we stayed near Poble Nou to be near the beach. The second time we stayed in Gracia which was great to sample the local Spanish restaurants and bars, also nice shops here too. Personally I wouldn't stay near Las Ramblas as its good to visit for a short time via the metro but prefer to stay somewhere where I felt more able to relax.

We are also staying at the Hotel Continental Barcelona on La Ramblas. We have stayed here before and loved it.They have a 24 hour Buffet with free wine,beer,soda,ice cream. It is also a lot of fun to sit on your balcony and watch the action on Las Ramblas. Also free internet.They book up early.

it is central, but not the safest area in my opinion. What are you looking to do when you stay?

Really? We are mostly interested in Gaudi. Will be traveling with 2 small kids so convenience is a big factor. What area would you recommend?

We are also staying at the Hotel Continental Barcelona on La Ramblas. We have stayed here before and loved it.They have a 24 hour Buffet with free wine,beer,soda,ice cream. It is also a lot of fun to sit on your balcony and watch the action on Las Ramblas. Also free internet.They book up early.

Wished I would've seen that before we booked our hotel. Free wine and beer,hmmmmm would've been in heaven. We booked at the Hotel Arc La Rambla, right on Las Ramblas. But beer and wine, I'm jealous.

Hi All,

We are on the June 11, 2016 cruise. We are getting to Barcelona on June 8 and will spend 3 nights there before going on the cruise.

Has anyone stay at this Hotel before and how was it? How is the area, we were looking to find local restaurants and taste the local cuisines.

Thanks

Booked Royal Ramblas, have a relative that stays there frequently and gave it rave reviews. Would like to save a bit but stay close to Las Ramblas or Placa Catalunya. Looked at Continental Barcelona, no room pictures and the reviews are not that great. Any other recommendations?

Edited by Mr305

Have a look at Hotel Jazz at the top end of las Ramblas. We stayed there 2 years ago and are staying there this year. It is really handy, has a great breakfast and also a lovely good sized pool and terrace. You can check it out on trip advisor as well for good reviews [emoji1]

Edited by planaholic

As you have young children it might be good if you stayed in the Poble Nou area, do some sightseeing in the morning and spend the afternoon at the beach (10 mins walking), in the evening there are lovely restaurants in a mini ramblas where you can sit outside and enjoy the local food and drink. The metro is very easy to use for your sightseeing and a T10 ticket can be shared by the family, you just pass it back to each other. As someone else said stay away from the bottom end of Las Ramblas at night but even during the day there are a few unsavoury characters hanging around.

I used this site for private apartment.

https://www.homeaway.co.uk/lettings/spain/poble-nou/r30194

• 5 weeks later...
By the way, don't recommend staying towards the bottom of Las Ramblas. From what I've read, it becomes extremely sketchy at night, top end is much better.

Mr. 305 or Anyone else,

Can you explain the bottom part of Las Ramblas ( street intersections etc) just so I can familiarize myself with the area.

Be careful from the Opera house to the port area at night and stay on Ramblas, avoid the little side streets and alleys. As in all big cities just be aware of your surroundings. There is always a large police presence in the tourist areas of Barcelona, Las Ramblas in particular.

We are booked in Hotel Lleo off our 13th September cruise, on the recommendation of one of our cruise mates.

Stayed in Barcelona before in the Hisperia Ramblas , but its booked out for our dates. Nice hotel just off Las Ramblas and near the Boqueria market.

We usually love the Barceloneta area -you can see the harbour and its in the Gothic quarter and a short walk from Ramblas. We left it too late this year and booked right on Ramblas overlooking Plaza real with a balcony.

From experience Ramblas near the port is ok at night...normal drinking and revelling til the early hours but never felt unsafe as its so busy. Hotels further up Ramblas are cheaper though anyway yet staying on Ramblas will get you a noisier night.

Edited by Velvetwater

Stayed at Hotel Miramar (you can read my review here if you're interested!) last year pre-cruise. A bit further away from Las Ramblas (quick and cheap taxi ride, though), but right next to the port and just a stunning resort.

Unfortunately, it was sold out for our upcoming Vista pre-cruise stay, so we'll be at the Olivia Balmes (closer to Ramblas, further from the port). Trip Advisor shows good reviews, so I'm optimistic :)

Have a look at Hotel Jazz at the top end of las Ramblas. We stayed there 2 years ago and are staying there this year. It is really handy, has a great breakfast and also a lovely good sized pool and terrace. You can check it out on trip advisor as well for good reviews [emoji1]

We booked there for one night, pre-cruise. Great reviews!