What to do when Enclave/Sanctuary is sold out?

Klynnn3

My favorite alternate spots are on Promenade deck towards the aft or aft of the Horizon Bistro where there are comfortable chairs and couches. There's the Retreat pool but the loungers are as comfortable as concrete and there's little to no shade. It's also very windy at the Retreat pool although the Regal is better than the Royal.

We'll be on Regal on 4/3. What time do you think the Sanctuary will sell out? We don't have priority boarding but are planning on getting to the port by 11:00. Is there a chance it will be booked up by the time we get up there?

I have read about the limited passes for the Enclave and Sanctuary. If both are sold out, what's your plan B or C for favorite spots on the Royal/Regal? Cabanas?

Rent a cabana at the adults only pool. Retreat pool!!!

I sure hope the enclave doesn't sell out on April 3rd for the 14-day cruise, which is week one of a back to back, because we board on April 10th and I would hope that some spots would be reserved for those people who are boarding on week two. Anybody know the answer to this ? Will princess let back-to-backers book things like the sanctuary and enclave for 14 days, or will princess treat it as two completely different sailings for the back-to-back crowd so as to allow the new crowd to have a crack at reserving things? Also, I have the same question regarding reservations for Crown Grill. Maybe this is much ado about nothing since there might not even be that many back-to-backers onboard. At least we have the advantage of being in the first wave to board on embarkation day

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Edited by 4cats4me

We'll be on Regal on 4/3. What time do you think the Sanctuary will sell out? We don't have priority boarding but are planning on getting to the port by 11:00. Is there a chance it will be booked up by the time we get up there?

I was on the Royal at Christmas and raced up to the Sanctuary as soon as I boarded. There was a small queue to signup but each person took a while as you have to pick which lounger you want. Some people wanted specific days only and others like me wanted a spot for the duration.

I managed to snag the last full cruise lounger in the sun and this was at 12:05pm. It was well worth it so get there as soon as you can !

I have read about the limited passes for the Enclave and Sanctuary. If both are sold out, what's your plan B or C for favorite spots on the Royal/Regal? Cabanas?

The Enclave and the Sanctuary are two really different places.

The Enclave is indoors in the Spa area and has steam rooms, hot beds and a thalossotherapy pool.

The Sanctuary is outdoors high up on the ship near the front with extra thick padded loungers and attendants.

Booking one would have no bearing on booking the other.

If the Enclave is sold out there really is no alternative area on the ship but if the Sanctuary is sold out there are a lot of other areas with loungers, they just aren't as cushy and there are no attendants.

Since you don't necessarily want to sit by the pool (since the Sanctuary is not near it at all) but are just looking for a nice quiet area I suggest you tour the upper decks on embarkation day and you will find lots of areas with loungers in and out of the sun.

(We were confirmed Sanctuary-bookers on every cruise until they raised the price last year. We've found that we're perfectly happy finding our own quiet areas elsewhere on the ship.)

Edited by chamima

I sure hope the enclave doesn't sell out on April 3rd for the 14-day cruise, which is week one of a back to back, because we board on April 10th and I would hope that some spots would be reserved for those people who are boarding on week two. Anybody know the answer to this ? Will princess let back-to-backers book things like the sanctuary and enclave for 14 days, or will princess treat it as two completely different sailings for the back-to-back crowd so as to allow the new crowd to have a crack at reserving things? Also, I have the same question regarding reservations for Crown Grill. Maybe this is much ado about nothing since there might not even be that many back-to-backers onboard. At least we have the advantage of being in the first wave to board on embarkation day

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We have used the Sanctuary on 2 B2B cruises (on the Ruby and the Royal) and the manager came around the last day of the cruise and asked if we were staying on and if we wanted to reserve for the next cruise. We did and we got our choice of lounges (in fact, on the Royal he gave us a cabana for the lounge price since they don't always sell out and he knew there would be demand for the lounges). Obviously not everyone (not even a majority of cruisers) stays on so lounges will be available to new passengers but the number fluctuates from cruise to cruise.

Edited by capriccio

Cruising on different lines , we are platinum on Princess and Royal Caribbean, as well as other lines, there were always adults only areas where I could spend a few hour a day of quiet reading. We are on the Ruby to Hawaii for 15 days and I dread that I will have to pay for the adults only area, rats.

Cruising on different lines , we are platinum on Princess and Royal Caribbean, as well as other lines, there were always adults only areas where I could spend a few hour a day of quiet reading. We are on the Ruby to Hawaii for 15 days and I dread that I will have to pay for the adults only area, rats.

There is a small pool at the aft of the Ruby that is an adults only area.

• 4 weeks later...

The Ruby has two adult only pool areas, Terrace Pool, Deck 14 aft and the Lotus Spa Pool, Deck 16 forward. There is no charge to use these areas. There is also the Chill Out pool on Deck 16 aft which is technically a family pool, but on a cruise to Hawaii there will not be many youth on board, and the area will be little used, there could be no one else there as it is out of the way. There are no services by this pool. The main two pool are Neptune's Reef Pool and Calypso Reef Pool. Neptune's Reef is MUTS free, while the Calypso Reef has the Movies going all day. Since there will most likely be very few children on board, any pool would be mostly adults. The sea days over and back to Hawaii can be cool, and may not be comfortable for pool use. Many passengers use the promenade deck chairs to read. There are also plenty of inside areas, such as Skywalker's on deck 18 aft, Adagio Lounge on deck 16 aft.