Allure of the Seas Live March 13-27 -- High Tides and Great Vibes

I took a photo of the lizards that hang out along the walk back to the ship and then I then acted like I was fumbling with my camera and actually took a picture of the pain I call an a$$.

Here he is.

d31861b2-77cd-48ee-aa27-8a7bc78ef39a_zpsptcha1va.jpg

That, sir, is truly an a$$

I'm sorry things didn't go as planned but it looks like you still managed to have an awesome day!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That, sir, is truly an a$$

I'm sorry things didn't go as planned but it looks like you still managed to have an awesome day!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mom 2 two, the a$$ photo was my punch line to my little joke story. ;) I think I told the story so well you fell hook line and sinker for it.:D

You are 100% correct as did have an awesome day all around.

You said you had been going to specialty restaurants....but didn't mention Coastal Kitchen. CK is like eating in a specialty restaurant but....NO Charge! Be sure to try the chocolate tiramisu. We ate there every night except for two--one in Giovanni's (risotto is excellent) and one in Samba. Samba was a disappointment on this ship.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

$4 one way. Water was $2 a bottle. Beer $4.25 to $5.25. The bushwhacker was a gift so I'm not 100% sure.

They do have a web page. Search for Emerald Bay Beach Club they also do FB.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Where do you get your towels from for the beach? Thanks.

St Martin from above. We flew over it late January on our way to Antigua and the clouds opened to this wonderful view. Today we will be there on the beach.

image_zpsejpk422f.jpeg

Are you going to Orient? We were not allowed to go there last week on Freedom

Are you going to Orient? We were not allowed to go there last week on Freedom

We are at the main beach at Holland House. I didn't hear anything about the French side being closed. I can ask the locals today.

b69e9c7c1fefa55ddef4ada97d924870.jpg

We are at the main beach at Holland House. I didn't hear anything about the French side being closed. I can ask the locals today.

b69e9c7c1fefa55ddef4ada97d924870.jpg

Closed may have been to strong. Not reccomended is more like it. Royal did cancel all excursion to French side. Protests over a tax, I think

I didn't hear any mention of that today on the ship. What I can do is ask the local that I know at the hotel if there still some unrest on the French side.

If I remember I can also ask at the shore excursion desk as well.

St. Maarten is one of my all time favorites!!! I have an obsession with the coconut smoothies you can get from the little stand at the port. Tell me you've had them! Yummmm.

Gassy Cletus O'Feckitall

Oh, and just for the record, I would not have wanted to be born in October between the days of 22-24. lol

According to Today: The Newspaper for Country St. Maartin,

Local Orient Beach tenants protest with road black

POSTED: 03/10/16 7:11 PM

St. Martin News – Traffic on the Rue du Griselle in Mount Vernon came to an standstill early yesterday morning near the Cadisco gas station after disgruntled local tenants of the new outlets on Orient Beach blocked the road with a car wreck and a bunch of old pallets. Last night around 7 p.m. the road block was still in place and the gendarmerie sent traffic coming from the direction of Grand Case back to where they came from at the roundabout near Hope Estate.

The tenants said in a pamphlet they handed out to waiting motorists that the Collectivité ought to complete the unfinished work to their so-called carbets or allow the tenants to deduct the costs from their rents. The tenants estimate that each of the quaint beach-side business cabins needs at leads €20,000 worth of work.

The tenants’ first complaint is about the deck in front of their businesses. If offers no protection against the sun, the sand or the rain. The tenants demand that the deck be covered. The average cost of the tarp that the Collectivité should have used to provide this coverage is €2,800, the tenants say.

Another complaint concerns the kitchens. “We have always been required to have an emergency shut-off switch for gas and electricity, a floor drain in the kitchen and a grease pit,” the tenants say. All this is missing. The roof of the cabins is made of sheetrock. This has forced the tenants to hire a carpenter to reinforce the roof so that it is able to support a standard exhaust fan. “If, as the Collectivité says, the kitchens are in conformity with the required norms, we would like a document that states this,” the tenants say.

We went to Emerald Bay. We took a taxi from the port and it was four dollars a person if you had more than two people. The taxi ride was five minutes. There was no fee to enter the beach. It didn't get overly crowded either. There is a restaurant with washrooms, a pool, and a bar. There are places to rent jet skis, paddle boards and Lisa says snorkelling was decent.

Thank you so much for your wonderful & informative revue! We will be on Oasis next month & I was planning on going to Emerald Bay in St. Thomas. Was happy to see your pictures of the bay itself. Should we ask the cab driver to drop us off at any particular spot (would like to be by the restaurant & restrooms)? Did you have an easy time getting a cab back to the ship when you were ready to return?

Thanks for your help & advice on this!

Judy (Mad Stormwatcher Salami..Aaaargh!;))

Closed may have been to strong. Not reccomended is more like it. Royal did cancel all excursion to French side. Protests over a tax, I think

John, I met people who went to the shore excursions today on the Frenchside of the island. I asked if they saw anything out of line going on in regards to protests and they said they saw nothing.

You said you had been going to specialty restaurants....but didn't mention Coastal Kitchen. CK is like eating in a specialty restaurant but....NO Charge! Be sure to try the chocolate tiramisu. We ate there every night except for two--one in Giovanni's (risotto is excellent) and one in Samba. Samba was a disappointment on this ship.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We have eaten there before on previous . We haven't been there this sailing because we have our eight-year-old son with us. It just isn't his thing, and will be back on the ship without him in a few months and then we can do as we please then. A happy kid means happy people beside you. I think we've all seen parents who haven't learned that lesson yet.

Thank you so much for your wonderful & informative revue! We will be on Oasis next month & I was planning on going to Emerald Bay in St. Thomas. Was happy to see your pictures of the bay itself. Should we ask the cab driver to drop us off at any particular spot (would like to be by the restaurant & restrooms)? Did you have an easy time getting a cab back to the ship when you were ready to return?

Thanks for your help & advice on this!

Judy (Mad Stormwatcher Salami..Aaaargh!;))

I'd ask the taxi driver for the Emerald Bay Beach Club. The washrooms were nice and clean, better than the ones at Megans Bay but not as many stalls. For the taxi ride back there were also taxis sitting there waiting to take people. Your driver might drop you off at the Island Beachcomber and you just walk through it and you're at the beach. We then walked a couple hundred yards to get to the Emerald Bay Club.

Enjoyed the scopes from Holland House today. Always enjoy going there :)

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 4 using Tapatalk

It's a great place. We've been going there for probably 10 years if we had to guess. There are photos coming shortly.

Just curious, what kind of internet speeds are you typically getting onboard now? I usually use speedtest.net (the app), what do you use when checking?

Looking forward to my first "high" speed experience in May! :)

Downloaded Periscope today after seeing you mention it on here. I had never heard of it before. Interesting!

Tom

We have eaten there before on previous . We haven't been there this sailing because we have our eight-year-old son with us. It just isn't his thing, and will be back on the ship without him in a few months and then we can do as we please then. A happy kid means happy people beside you. I think we've all seen parents who haven't learned that lesson yet.

They have a kids menu at Coastal Kitchen that is pretty good.

They have a kids menu at Coastal Kitchen that is pretty good.

I think I heard that, but thanks for the reminder. Should you not be the us drinking green beer right now.;)

Edited by A&L_Ont

Just curious, what kind of internet speeds are you typically getting onboard now? I usually use speedtest.net (the app), what do you use when checking?

Looking forward to my first "high" speed experience in May! :)

Downloaded Periscope today after seeing you mention it on here. I had never heard of it before. Interesting!

Tom

Tom, it took forever to down load the app, but I think this is what you are looking for. Just kidding on the forever part.

905105f62b0af10a4080a93c9e607350.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app