Assigned Veranda

Banjo

This is a first for us. I just booked the Silhouette on a whim for a TA next month. Usually plan a cruise at least a year in advance. Could not resist that price. One thing about this booking is I could not get an assigned veranda room. Celebrity said it will be assigned when I check in. I guess that means I get what's left. Since only a few ports and be in the middle of the ocean for most of the trip, the view not that important. How do they handle luggage tags? Do I have to lug my bags all the way to the check in desk?

Thanks, Banjo

Edited by Banjo

This is a first for us. I just booked the Silhouette on a whim for a TA next month. Usually plan a cruise at least a year in advance. Could not resist that price. One thing about this booking is I could get an assigned veranda room. Celebrity said it will be assigned when I check in. I guess that means I get what's left. Since only a few ports and be in the middle of the ocean for most of the trip, the view not that important. How do they handle luggage tags? Do I have to lug my bags all the way to the check in desk?

Thanks, Banjo

I would keep checking your "My Celebrity" to see if a cabin has been assigned. It is unlikely this far our that they wouldn't assign one. Once you get one assigned, you are free to move to another one within that same category, to keep an eye out.

As for luggage tags, you can get them at the pier. I assume a cabin will be assigned by then.

I would keep checking your "My Celebrity" to see if a cabin has been assigned. It is unlikely this far our that they wouldn't assign one. Once you get one assigned, you are free to move to another one within that same category, to keep an eye out.

As for luggage tags, you can get them at the pier. I assume a cabin will be assigned by then.

Thanks Wine-O

We booked the same cruise yesterday, and our guarantee cabin was assigned today. We got a 2C and we are happy with it, because it is not really obstructed according to the spread sheet. Keep checking on 'My Celebrity' and it will show up before too long. If by any chance it doesn't, the porters have a list and can hand write luggage tags when you board.

Sheila

Cabins must be assigned before you arrive at the pier. assume you are talking about a GTY cabin assignment. They are given anyplace between 3 months and 1 week before sailing.

You should get an email.

Cabins must be assigned before you arrive at the pier. assume you are talking about a GTY cabin assignment. They are given anyplace between 3 months and 1 week before sailing.

You should get an email.

Actually not true. We were assigned a cabin three days before sailing. And I never received any email, just found out by checking My Celebrity. Some folks DO get their assignment at the pier.

You should get an email.

No, you most probably will not get an e-mail. I never did for my GTY cabins. I had to constantly keep checking "My Celebrity" to see if a cabin had been assigned.

If you book a GTY close to sailing, you may not get assigned right away as they have to reshuffle assignments, but this far out, my guess is you should have one in plenty of time to order your luggage tags.

Come back and let us know your experience.

We’re booked on this same sailing--but not at the price you got!!

When your cruise document booklet shows up on email, find the page where the luggage tag is printed and make as many copies as you need. After folding the tags, laminate them with clear packing tape, and they hold up nicely. I’m pretty sure you will get a cabin assigned before long. Don’t worry about “sending” for tags--some people on our roll call have had trouble ordering the tags. And, as stated by others, just keep checking “My Celebrity."

I am a little confused the guarantee cabins on UK website are more expensive than the cabins in the category. It seems they are popular as people are often discussing gty but how is that correct that you pay more to be guaranteed possibly a lesser cabin than if you pick it yourself??

On my cruise C1 £2798, C2 £2810, C3 £2850 & gty £3098

Or is it in the hope that an upgrade is received.

I am a little confused the guarantee cabins on UK website are more expensive than the cabins in the category. It seems they are popular as people are often discussing gty but how is that correct that you pay more to be guaranteed possibly a lesser cabin than if you pick it yourself??

Not sure how they do pricing in the UK, but in the US, the GTY is the lowest rate offered in the ship's categories, Inside, OV, Balcony, CC, AQ, and Suites.

Based upon supply and demand, you might find that a GTY in Concierge may be less than a GTY in Balcony class.

What are the details of your cruise? Your pricing does seem odd. Was it a C Gty?

Are you sure you're looking at the same category GTY? The reason GTYs are cheaper is because it's the luck of the draw in which cabin you're assigned, especially booking in the UK as you can't swap once allocated. Is there a letter for the category listed e.g. X, XC, XA, W ?

az_tchr,

You do not get an email for GTY assignment. One must keep checking their 'My Celebrity' account and it can be assigned right up to checking in at the pier ;). No cut off at one week as you stated ;).

The replies you have all sent would make more sense, it is a Concierge guarantee and Aug 6th Equinox. I was baffled as to why taking a guarantee would be more expensive. I have noticed before but not commented on CC. It says XC.

The replies you have all sent would make more sense, it is a Concierge guarantee and Aug 6th Equinox. I was baffled as to why taking a guarantee would be more expensive. I have noticed before but not commented on CC. It says XC.

You are correct, on the UK website it is showing the XC (concierge GTY) as more expensive than booking a particular C cabin. This isn't the case on the US X site or when I look on a European TA's website for XC cabins. More than likely it's a computer glitch in the UK ;). Someone yesterday posted that a few Med itineraries for 2017 were incorrect on the UK site; they hadn't been updated and were showing different ones to those on UK TA sites :eek:. Basically, X's UK site was showing the wrong itineraries - major issue for those booking a completely different route.

In cases such as this, where you're considering changing cabins, it's perhaps best to ring and someone may get it straighten out :).

We booked the same cruise yesterday, and our guarantee cabin was assigned today. We got a 2C and we are happy with it, because it is not really obstructed according to the spread sheet. Keep checking on 'My Celebrity' and it will show up before too long. If by any chance it doesn't, the porters have a list and can hand write luggage tags when you board.

Sheila

Mine just showed up on a email a few minutes ago. Its on Deck 6 in the back.

Plus, short walk down the stairs to the MDR, possible negative is that its pretty low and, with crossing the Atlantic, hope not for a lot of spray. I enjoy sitting out on the balcony enjoying coffee and reading. About 12 years ago I was CCL Conquest and I had a low deck balcony for a W Caribbean cruise. The spray was so bad that I could not go out unless I had my bathing trunks on :D

Thanks for all your replies, Alan aka Banjo

Mine just showed up on a email a few minutes ago. Its on Deck 6 in the back.

Plus, short walk down the stairs to the MDR, possible negative is that its pretty low and, with crossing the Atlantic, hope not for a lot of spray. I enjoy sitting out on the balcony enjoying coffee and reading. About 12 years ago I was CCL Conquest and I had a low deck balcony for a W Caribbean cruise. The spray was so bad that I could not go out unless I had my bathing trunks on :D

Thanks for all your replies, Alan aka Banjo

What cabin did you get? If there are others available within the same category in a better location, you can change.

What cabin did you get? If there are others available within the same category in a better location, you can change.

We are 6282, looks like it is above Qsine. I tried to get a review on the pdfs they have on Cruise Critic but nothing for this particular room on any of the S class ships. The rooms around it got good reviews.

I probably just stick with this, it looks fine.

We've been on deck six balconies many times and I've never had any issue with spray whatsoever. Just keep in mind that there's only two sets of elevators and stairs on your ship, so you basically have to go to midship to get to the stairs. And instead of a lifeboat below you you will have the canopy of the Roof of Qsine. If you don't mind the walk to the elevators, I think it's a good location

On the US site the prices are more what you would normally see. C1 $3898, C2 $3798, C3 $3698, and XC $3498. This is with two perks for the price of one.

It is certainly odd that a C1 would be less than even a C3. The prices on the UK site are less expensive.