Transfer from MIA to Ft Lauderdale day before cruise

WitchyWoman23

My husband and I booked our 25th anniversary trip last night on Equinox in November. Out 3rd cruise in 15 years!! Very excited! I also booked our flights with Celebrity. The flights to Miami were non-stop, $300 cheaper than into Ft Lauderdale with more preferable times. but now I think I'm in trouble with transfers. We have booked flights to arrive in Miami the day before the cruise.

I read on a forum that someone found renting a car as the most economical to get from MIA to Fl Lauderdale. But I am wondering about dropping car off at Ft Lauderdale airport. Would we then have to take a shuttle to the airport (since most car rentals are away from the actual airport) and then find a shuttle to a hotel? We have not booked a hotel yet for the night before our cruise. I have also read here a taxi would be about $100 from MIA to Ft lauderdale. I would rather not spend that much but may have too.

1. Does anyone have another suggestion for transfers?

2. Celebrity offered a transfer after disembarkation to MIA after the cruise but not for the day before we leave for $30 pp. but that seems cheep to me. Do they have a transfer to Ft. Lauderdale the day before the cruise available?

3. Can anyone suggest the best way I should organize our rental car drop off and transfer to a hotel with a shuttle from the Ft. Lauderdale airport?

4. I'm sure with some more research I can find recommendations for a hotel but since I'm writing this I'll ask any way. Any recommendation for a hotel with shuttle from airport and to dock that is under $150?

Edited by WitchyWoman23
adding more words to clarify

My husband and I booked our 25th anniversary trip last night on Equinox in November. Out 3rd cruise in 15 years!! Very excited! I also booked our flights with Celebrity. The flights to Miami were non-stop, $300 cheaper than into Ft Lauderdale with more preferable times. but now I think I'm in trouble with transfers. We have booked flights to arrive in Miami the day before the cruise.

I read on a forum that someone found renting a car as the most economical to get from MIA to Fl Lauderdale. But I am wondering about dropping car off at Ft Lauderdale airport. Would we then have to take a shuttle to the airport (since most car rentals are away from the actual airport) and then find a shuttle to a hotel? We have not booked a hotel yet for the night before our cruise. I have also read here a taxi would be about $100 from MIA to Ft lauderdale. I would rather not spend that much but may have too.

1. Does anyone have another suggestion for transfers? Super Shuttle, Go Shuttle, Larry's Limos and John's Car Service have all been mentioned on this board.

2. Celebrity offered a transfer after disembarkation to MIA after the cruise but not for the day before we leave for $30 pp. but that seems cheep to me. Do they have a transfer to Ft. Lauderdale the day before the cruise available? Never heard of one and on the day of the cruise I am sure it is to Port Everglades.

3. Can anyone suggest the best way I should organize our rental car drop off and transfer to a hotel with a shuttle from the Ft. Lauderdale airport? Some Fort Lauderdale hotels have shuttles from the airport but usually a taxi ride isn't more than $15 - $20 dollars.

4. I'm sure with some more research I can find recommendations for a hotel but since I'm writing this I'll ask any way. Any recommendation for a hotel with shuttle from airport and to dock that is under $150? What is your date? Hopefully not the first weekend in November when you will be competing with the thousands of folks who come into Fort Lauderdale for the Boat Show. You might check out http://www.valuetrips.com for the Hyatt Place Convention Center. It is $149 in November but blacked out for the Boat Show dates (11/3 - 11/9). It gets excellent reviews here and I believe it has both shuttles. You can also do additional research on this board about hotels with (and without) shuttles.

See response in red and welcome to cruise critic!

Edited by capriccio

http://www.sunny.org has lots of FLL area tourist and hotel info.

Lots of good suggestions above. Depending upon hotel location a taxi from MIA to your FLL area hotel will cost about $75; the ride will take 45-60 minutes. Car services will be about the same fare or more, Uber a bit cheaper unless surge pricing is in effect.

What time do you arrive into MIA? :confused: Arriving late you could stay near MIA and use the Celebrity transfers the next day - there are a few nice hotels near MIA, but in general the FLL area is more attractive.

Welcome to the boards and congrats on 25 years!

Edited by JohninDC

I'm not aware that any of the commonly mentioned shared shuttle services operate at MIA. We've had a much harder time finding MIA to FLL hotel transportation than anything else (pre Uber). Go Shuttle and Super Shuttle may be more expensive than Uber. You can Uber at pretty much any price point depending on what kind of vehicle you want. We rented a car once and it's not worth the hassle. The drive is short and not very scenic. Unless you wanted to do other site seeing you would have the rental maybe an hour. I'd much rather relax and let someone else drive.

Don't limit yourself to hotels with a free shuttle. Stay anywhere near the port and the cab ride is cheap.

The common complaint with the cruise line transfer is they have to fill the bus before they leave so there can be a lot of wait time.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

1. Does anyone have another suggestion for transfers?

Super shuttle or American shuttle service MIA ..not sure if they go just to FLL or to any hotels in the area ..check their website

2. Celebrity offered a transfer after disembarkation to MIA after the cruise but not for the day before we leave for $30 pp. but that seems cheep to me. Do they have a transfer to Ft. Lauderdale the day before the cruise available?

We paid the same with HAL from PE to MIA after the cruise

3. Can anyone suggest the best way I should organize our rental car drop off and transfer to a hotel with a shuttle from the Ft. Lauderdale airport?

If the hotel has a shuttle great if not a taxi is reasonable

4. I'm sure with some more research I can find recommendations for a hotel but since I'm writing this I'll ask any way. Any recommendation for a hotel with shuttle from airport and to dock that is under $150?

Try Hyatt Place 17th st or hotels in that area