Current info re: Coffeemakers

Pia1913

They put coffeemakers in the Neptune Suites on Oosterdam at the end of January. They are "Mocoffee" machines. It's a pod system, but not the same pod as a K-cup. I don't think it's the same pod shape as a Nespresso, either.

There are three kinds of pods--a regular coffee, a decaf, and an espresso. We had two of each, replenished when the room was serviced.

We didn't bother with the espresso. The others were OK, but not fabulous.

They put coffeemakers in the Neptune Suites on Oosterdam at the end of January. They are "Mocoffee" machines. It's a pod system, but not the same pod as a K-cup. I don't think it's the same pod shape as a Nespresso, either.

There are three kinds of pods--a regular coffee, a decaf, and an espresso. We had two of each, replenished when the room was serviced.

I was planning to take a bunch of my own Kcups, but now I suppose I can leave them home. Thank you. Our cabin is close enough to the lounge, but having the facilities in the cabin makes life easier.

I was quite surprised to read that HAL would install these types of machines into some of its cabins. These signal serve pod machines are not environmentally friendly at all with the throw away pods simply adding to the pile of rubbish that must be dealt with on the ship. There is nothing green about these coffee machines, except of course, it being probably the most expensive way to buy coffee.

Do they still have the coffee machine in the Neptune Lounge??

I agree the Neptune Lounge coffee is about the best we've ever had on any of the ships.

I bring my own mug and make myself an Americano. Has worked for me thus far and will continue to do so. Of course I will try the ensuite machine and see how good it is. I drink a lot of coffee.

I was quite surprised to read that HAL would install these types of machines into some of its cabins. These signal serve pod machines are not environmentally friendly at all with the throw away pods simply adding to the pile of rubbish that must be dealt with on the ship. There is nothing green about these coffee machines, except of course, it being probably the most expensive way to buy coffee.

Just FYI for environmentally concerned coffee addicts. We have a Keurig and have found a company out of San Francisco that sells good organic coffee in 97% biodegradable cups using cardboard. Just search Amazon for San Francisco Biodegradable coffee.

You'll be interested to know they make their cups differently and it is indeed eco-friendly

http://www.mocoffee.com/en/eco-friendly.php?

I agree the Neptune Lounge coffee is about the best we've ever had on any of the ships.

My husband says the only reason we book Neptunes is for the coffee in the Neptune Lounge (and he doesn't drink coffee!) but he knows I positively swoon at my first taste!!! Wish I could bring that home.

My husband says the only reason we book Neptunes is for the coffee in the Neptune Lounge (and he doesn't drink coffee!) but he knows I positively swoon at my first taste!!! Wish I could bring that home.

It's because of the darn Neptune Lounge that my husband now wants cappuccino every morning. :D

Do you still get cards that can be hung on the door the night before for ordering coffee or the such at a certain time that is listed? Loved this cause that would be my wakeup knock at the door with a pot of coffee to boot. ;)

Edited by lahlah57
Mispelling

Do you still get cards that can be hung on the door the night before for ordering coffee or the such at a certain time that is listed?

If you're thinking about the Room Service breakfast order hang tags, yes, HAL still has those.

Every cabin on every ship has the opportunity for full, hot, breakfast every morning. :D Or, coffee only if that's your preference.

Sorry, but dh and I think HAL's coffee is just terrible. After 18 days on Amsterdam we couldn't wait until we found a Dunkin Donuts on the way home!!! I may try to bring some instant on our next cruise!

I have a Kerig machine, but we us a re-usable little strainer that our own coffee goes in. When its done we clean it our by dumping the grinds in the trash and washing the little filter and re-using it again and again.

if you're thinking about the room service breakfast order hang tags, yes, hal still has those.

Every cabin on every ship has the opportunity for full, hot, breakfast every morning. :d or, coffee only if that's your preference.

woo hoo!!!

Yes they do. I think that coffee is better than the pod coffee.

Oh good. I will use the in-room for my first cup in the AM, as it will be easier than juggling two cups of coffee down the hall and then down the stairs, but I enjoy their lattes and cappuccinos, and the fact that I can make decaf ones too. I was afraid they'd eliminate the Lounge coffee if they were offering in room options.