Front of the ship?

beckzay

What can you tell me about the scenic ov rooms at the front of the ship on the sunshine and movement? We've only sailed midship and aft, never way up front. I've read it's pretty rocky. Also, I can't seem to find any pics or info about the ones that sleep 4 and the layout?

What can you tell me about the scenic ov rooms at the front of the ship on the sunshine and movement? We've only sailed midship and aft, never way up front. I've read it's pretty rocky. Also, I can't seem to find any pics or info about the ones that sleep 4 and the layout?

We were just on the Breeze in Spa Oceanview all the way at the front of the ship. It was a fantastic room with tons of space....more space than some of the suites I've been in! However, there was noticeably more movement up there compared to other rooms we've stayed in. It was a continuous rocking motion (worse on rough sea days). The other thing you should be aware of is that they let the ship staff use the gym late at night and early morning so there were nights that we could hear the treadmills above until like 2am. I am a light sleeper anyway so brought ear plugs and those helped a lot. Now having said all of that, I would absolutely book that room again. I loved the public deck out front, easy access to gym/spa, and you can't find that much space without paying suite prices. FYI: We were in 11201 on the Breeze.

Edited by imluvncruzn

I had one and I loved it. It only had one drawback for me that is. in the evening make sure your curtains are closed really good because people can see in if you have your lights or tv on, my son told me that is how he and is brother would check to see if I was in my room.

I had one and I loved it. It only had one drawback for me that is. in the evening make sure your curtains are closed really good because people can see in if you have your lights or tv on, my son told me that is how he and is brother would check to see if I was in my room.

If you are in the staterooms in front looking over the "secret" deck, your curtains are supposed to be keep closed at night as to not interfere with bridge navigation.

Not on this particular ship, but was "upgraded" to a porthole cabin in the front of the ship on my first cruise. It was not a good thing for me, both days passing Cabo I was so sick as the water is rough. It was like being in the maliboomer, like an elevator going up and down rapidly.

That said, I was ok on other days when we were in calm water or moving more slowly. I've purposely avoided the front of the ship ever since, since I am prone to seasickness.

We had 6207 on Carnival Victory.

Right up fwd. on the starboard side.

Spacious cabin because it was wheelchair accessible

but the motion wasn't pleasant

and it's the only time I ever felt green-around-the-gills! :(

Now I book lower decks amidships.

Draw your own conclusions.

Thank you everyone! This was my concern. We'll be cruising with 4 new cruiser (who are our young adult children)and the last thing I want is for them to be seasick the whole time. My husband and I don't get seasick but I don't know if they do or not yet.

The OP's post suggested they are interested in the forward, scenic ov cabins, which on Sunshine are on deck 9 I believe, above the bridge, no forward deck, no one looking in, however they do have a cool powered shade that can be raised and lowered to keep light out or in depending on ones "mood"..pretty big windows with those scenic ov's.

Forward cabins are my wife and I's favorite ship location, For various reasons we'll book 4J cabins on ships that have them if available when we book. Good balance of price, and location for us, as we are fortunate not to be affected my ship movement. Highest deck we've stayed on Sunshine was a 4J on deck 7, a couple down from the scenic ov's. We sailed the Sunshine TA in that cabin....atlantic was amazingly calm during the crossing, don't think we felt anything at all that cruise. Had a 4J on deck 10 on the Breeze once....no issues for us with movement.

We too are considering the scenic ocean view on the conquest. I have sailed in many cabin locations on a ship but never this far in the front. I absolutely love the huge window. To be honest, I'm more worried about the ship itself. It was chosen because of itinerary, but the rest of our family has only been on glory, breeze, and dream. I'm honestly not too worried about it, it's vacation and we aren't at work. But I just don't want the rest of the family disappointed, or expecting something newish. If you know what I mean.

We stayed in the very front of the ship and loved our cabin but as others stated if the seas were even a little rough we certainly felt it

Now only stay Midship each cruise and couldn't be happier

Forward cabins are my wife and I's favorite ship location, For various reasons we'll book 4J cabins on ships that have them if available when we book. Good balance of price, and location for us, as we are fortunate not to be affected my ship movement. Highest deck we've stayed on Sunshine was a 4J on deck 7, a couple down from the scenic ov's. We sailed the Sunshine TA in that cabin....atlantic was amazingly calm during the crossing, don't think we felt anything at all that cruise. Had a 4J on deck 10 on the Breeze once....no issues for us with movement.

We love the 4J rooms too and that's what we book most of the time. So much cheaper than the balcony and so great to hang out on the open deck in front.

We (myself, husband and 2 daughters) had 1 of the 2 grand scenic ocean view cabins on deck 9 of the sunshine and LOVED it. Because it was one of the new cabins added during drydock, it is one of the few non-suite rooms which have a fridge. And yes, the wall of windows is to die for!

None of us had any problems with motion; actually we didn't feel any, but it wasn't a rough voyage (January). Our previous cruise was next to the aft corner on deck 7 of the Conquest; the engine vibrations gave me a migraine for about half the cruise, but the motion of the ship I felt otherwise was fine.

Edited by eeyoreme