Live from the Anthem

There has to be a frame around your balcony slider.

I would bet the knife was used to stop whistling noise due to a faulty seal. We had that on the Gem TA when she was new. Norwegian use a 2x4 to fix it. ;)

BTW, our JS on Freedom this past week had an awful whistle. But the mattresses were fabulous. :D

"Get away with it"?

Yes.

Feel free to disrespect the only room on the entire ship that asks you to dress up.

Ok, I don't really care myself, but that is what you are saying and what you are asking.

They ask that men wear a jacket. If you do not have one, they will provide (a probably ill-fitting) one.

So, yes, you do not have to wear formalwear. A jacket for the man is the minimum that they request. If your husband is willing to wear that, you will be ushered to your table without a word.

Hi, Even my DH cannot understand the big deal to put a jacket on, not even a tie to eat in the Grand. He can take it off as soon as he is seated...No biggie. Easy to respect that rule...It can't possibly ruin a cruise. And, by the way, DH also says he'd rather wear his own that one that many, many, other men have worn. Who knows how much they perspire into the jacket. JOHO....

Hi, Even my DH cannot understand the big deal to put a jacket on, not even a tie to eat in the Grand. He can take it off as soon as he is seated...No biggie. Easy to respect that rule...It can't possibly ruin a cruise. And, by the way, DH also says he'd rather wear his own that one that many, many, other men have worn. Who knows how much they perspire into the jacket. JOHO....

Never wear a tie myself, but I do like a dinner jacket. Happy wife, Happy life

e701648a49904818938a9d6674443886.jpg

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

And here's another idea: if you don't want to wear a jacket, don't make a reservation at the Grande. It's not brain science.

Never wear a tie myself, but I do like a dinner jacket. Happy wife, Happy life

e701648a49904818938a9d6674443886.jpg

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

How lovely you all look! We do not mind dressing up a bit (not like years ago). DH likes looking "Handsome" for me and I like looking "pretty" for him. It's so easy. Have to dress anyway for dinner, so pull out a nice top, accessories and done. Easy, peasy. Makes us feel good knowing we look good.

:-)

Thanks for sharing with us, could you check the price on the cooler bag for beer, you pay one price up front and get the bag with 5 or six cans, I cant remember which, but you can then refill the cooler for a reduced price. This was a good cost saver for me on our last trip and was wondering if the price had increased drastically.

Thanks.

We were offered a certificate for 15 percent off our next cruise based on what we paid for this cruise. Our balcony cabin to sleep in is very quiet and comfortable. Two nights ago we are in Wonderland and it was wonderful--we highly recommend it. Last night we are at the Chef's table. It was not worth $85 pp. the service was very slow and to be frank, didn't even come close to the food in Wonderland. The wine selection was ok. We will never do it again but are glad we finally experienced it. We have eaten lunch at 270 almost everyday as I truly love the roast beef in there. We're not breakfast eaters so we haven't visited any of the breakfast venues on the ship. The next three days are sea days and we are looking forward to relaxing and catching up on our sleep.

Edited by Colorado Babe

Interesting how they assign value to the certificate. We got 25% for a shower flood. :eek::D

And the water never left the bathroom

You just confirmed that we should pursue this and take it to the hotel director. I am quite disturbed they don't get how inconvenienced we are having to sleep in a stateroom 60 cabins away from our JS at night because they can't resolve our stateroom issues.

You just confirmed that we should pursue this and take it to the hotel director. I am quite disturbed they don't get how inconvenienced we are having to sleep in a stateroom 60 cabins away from our JS at night because they can't resolve our stateroom issues.

Weren't you happy in your last post?

Each incident is unique and is treated as such.

FWIW, the cruise I mentioned was the Ben and Jerrys Sweet and we rarely had a decent nights sleep due to the door banging below.

It's starting to seem like you're just trying to get some money back.

Sorry I mentioned my situation

Oh, and I'll bet your 15% in your JS is worth a lot more than my 25% in a PR ;)

Edited by John&LaLa

FWIW, the cruise I mentioned was the Ben and Jerrys Sweet and we rarely had a decent nights sleep due to the door banging below.

John&LaLa - this is totally off subject, but I am extremely green with envy looking at your upcoming cruise schedule. Wondering if you would like to adopt me? I would also be a willing kidnapping victim....whatever works. :p

John&LaLa - this is totally off subject, but I am extremely green with envy looking at your upcoming cruise schedule. Wondering if you would like to adopt me? I would also be a willing kidnapping victim....whatever works. :p

Heck, I wish I could go on all of them. ;)

Laura has 7 solos on that list. :eek:

Someone has to watch the dog.

Edited by John&LaLa

Heck, I wish I could go on all of them. ;)

Laura has 7 solos on that list. :eek:

Someone has to watch the dog.

What a lucky lady! Right now my hubby and I get one in a year. Seems like it takes forever to accumulate enough vacation time for that one. We would love to do two a year right now while we both work but with kids and other responsibilities...our vacation time gets eaten up. :rolleyes:

What a lucky lady! Right now my hubby and I get one in a year. Seems like it takes forever to accumulate enough vacation time for that one. We would love to do two a year right now while we both work but with kids and other responsibilities...our vacation time gets eaten up. :rolleyes:

We're empty nesters. Laura gets six weeks vacation. We live 5 miles from the port. Retirement in 12 months.

Bella is our only responsibility now.

1458152546391.jpg.a22d20eb4cb552bcd6357ae26b826da4.jpg

No. I was not happy nor mad. You said you received 25 percent off for just a clogged shower. After reading your comments it made we wonder why we only got 15 percent for not getting adequate sleep the first six days then having to go to a balcony cabin every night with a carry on bag walking 60 cabins for a good nights sleep. Add on the countless hours spent at guest relations to try and find resolution. I'm happy we are able to get rest now but not happy that this was the only resolution. Yes, our discount should come out more for us since we paid $5000 for a JS and I'm sure you didn't pay that much for a Ben and Jerry suite.

Edited by Colorado Babe

We're empty nesters. Laura gets six weeks vacation. We live 5 miles from the port. Retirement in 12 months.

Bella is our only responsibility now.

I just love your area - especially Cocoa Village. What a bonus to live close to the port. ;)

No. I was not happy nor mad. You said you received 25 percent off for just a clogged shower. After reading your comments it made we wonder why we only got 15 percent for not getting adequate sleep the first six days then having to go to a balcony cabin every night with a carry on bag walking 60 cabins for a good nights sleep. Add on the countless hours spent at guest relations to try and find resolution. I'm happy we are able to get rest now but not happy that this was the only resolution. Yes, our discount should come out more for us since we paid $5000 for a JS and I'm sure you didn't pay that much for a Ben and Jerry suite.

It was more than a clogged shower, the entire bathroom flooded 2-3 inches, lucky i take quick showers. The bathroom was out of commission for several hours. I wouldn't waste a lot of time just because you heard someone on a sailing several years ago got a higher percentage FCC. Accept what you were offered and try and enjoy the next few days. What i'm trying to say, is don't hold your breath. :o

Edited by John&LaLa
flood explanation