Vision or Legend?

Maksim

I sailed Vision out of Barcelona & Legend out of Brisbane, within the last 12 months. The food on both is BRILLIANT, but the entertainment on Legend was 100x better than Vision. I think it's a nicer looking ship too.

Both great ships though!!!

I'd prob go the cheaper option & get a better cabin!.

We have booked the May sailing on the Legend - good price for an aft JS and wonderful to finish the cruise in Venice. Not sailed Vision yet, will be doing so in a couple of months, so cannot compare the two ships, however we did spend 29 nights onboard Legend last year and loved the ship and crew.

I know Vision has a complimentary steam room and sauna, separate male and female facilities. I don't recall if Legend has these.

In between the spa and gym. I think the relaxation room may be complimentary too. At least all of it was in 2014

Legend has a great mini golf course!

I'm sure I read somewhere that Legend also has a bungee trampoline. Is that true? We've been on her sisters Rhapsody and Vision and I never noticed one (or I'd have been on in a New York minute... :D )

I'm sure I read somewhere that Legend also has a bungee trampoline. Is that true? We've been on her sisters Rhapsody and Vision and I never noticed one (or I'd have been on in a New York minute... :D )

No trampoline.

We have booked the May sailing on the Legend - good price for an aft JS and wonderful to finish the cruise in Venice. Not sailed Vision yet, will be doing so in a couple of months, so cannot compare the two ships, however we did spend 29 nights onboard Legend last year and loved the ship and crew.

We are just about to book, probably today. Let's connect on the Roll Call.

Enchantment is the only ship with a bungee trampoline.

Really?

Eh, we had an awesome corner aft on Vision & have a Jnr Suite aft balcony on Legend in a few weeks.

How are they different?

The corner aft on the Vision "wraps". The one on the Legend does not. You will still have a great balcony - just not as spacious.

• 1 month later...

We like Legend best in Vision Class because we prefer the convenient placement of the CL and DL on deck 9 and we enjoy our mini-golf:p which the other Vision class ships do not offer.

Edited by MindyJohn

Thank you all for great feedback. Another consideration between the two is the weather. I was told that Dubai can be very hot even in April and possibly unbearable in May. If anyone traveled that route before, it would be good to hear. As to the price, I could book a suite on Legend for less than balcony on Vision. Should this be important and outweigh the difference in the ship layout, etc.?

I've been on holiday 3 times to Dubai - February, March and October and have a friend who lives there. February and October weather was hot during the day (32C) but bearable, and only about 10C cooler in the evening. In March we could feel a 'bite' to the heat which meant that it was beginning to get uncomfortable walking about outside during the day, even the breeze was hot! May to September is VERY hot. My friend says everyone stays in air conditioned buildings and cars and avoids being outside during the day. That's why it's cheaper to go there during the summer months. She says there's also often a sand haze which can affect the breathing of those prone to chestiness.

We sailed on Vision in April (second to last Western Caribbean sailing out of Tampa) and would sail on her again in a heartbeat. Thoroughly enjoyed that cruise, it was our favorite out of all we've taken thus far! The ship, crew, and food were excellent.

Need expert advice. Exact same itinerary, from Dubai to Venice. Vision of the Seas in April 2017 and Legend in May 2017. A few concerns: both older ships, but lots of positive feedback. Afraid it will be too hot in Dubai in May, but Venice is warmer in May. Huge price difference, much cheaper in May. Any suggestions are welcome.

We've been in Dubai in both April and May. It's going to be hot either way. You get double points for suites.

How's Dubai in March? that's when I'm going :eek:

Our visits have been after cruises and we've only experienced between April 20 and May 15. My best guess is you will not need a coat in March :D although the desert at night may be chilly if you go out for one of those evening jeep safaris.