Motion sickness question

LovetheCubs

I would just suggest that whatever you decide to try, you get enough to try it a few weeks before your trip and see how you react. That way you can form a plan B if necessary. (For example, I am useless for about 36hrs after taking Bonine even though it doesn't knock me out completely like Dramamine. My brother had an allergic reaction to the scope patch that was worse than any motion sickness he ever had.)

I personally find that the sea bands have to be tight enough that they aren't comfortable in order for them to help with the motion sickness.

Thanks for that advice! I'm going to try the Walmart meds tonight. I kind of remember how I felt after the Bonine last year, so I can compare. I'll also give the drops a try this week.

I think I asked this before, but if someone answered, I missed it. Has anyone tried the ginger gum?

I have used for pregnancy and it helped slightly. But when really sick when my second child it did nothing to help me.

I know it's not related to cruising. But just my experience with ginger gum. Ginger lollipops and straight up dried ginger

It seems like most things I read on here people are taking Bonine for sea sickness. I have alwayd taken dramamine for car sickness. Does Bonine work better for most on the ocean? Any advice?

Bonine is less apt to cause drowsiness.

I use it on buses in Bermuda--------they're fast around curves, and on small boats.

Thanks, everyone! I tested out the motion ease today. Of course, I don't know how it will work once there is motion, but the only thing I noticed was a slight metallic taste in my mouth.