Motion sickness question

LovetheCubs

another two votes for the scope patches, they have worked fine with no side effects. Put them behind the ear shortly before boarding. They suggest replacing them every three days. Do require a prescription here in Ca.

One tip I read on here before I went on our cruise last Saturday was to get "MotionEaze" and it says it will still work even after symptoms start (sea sickness, etc.). I did see it for sale on the ship (NCL spirit) but it was twice the price of what I paid, and it's only 20 applications where as mine is 60.

MotionEaze is a topical oil that you put dab behind your ear. It worked for me when there was some rocking and rolling on this past cruise. I would suggest this. I haven't used Bonnie or Dramamine or sea bands to say if they work.

I was going to order some of this for our DD7. We are going on a catamaran trip and I'm worried the sea might be a bit choppy.

I take Bonine every day starting the day before the cruise. If the seas are very choppy I double up on it with no sleepiness. Also I take ginger capsules and have elastic wrist pressure bands. I come prepared! Oh, also you can drink alcohol with Bonine and have no side effects.

I used the scop patches on my first cruise and found the dry mouth and vision side effects to be very bothersome. Ever since I take 2 Bonine the night before I get on the ship, and 2 every night thereafter. Works great, no drowsiness. The only time I have ever gotten sick was in 20 foot seas. Even the crew commented on how rough it was.

Has anyone taken Bonine and had some drinks? I won't be getting drunk or anything (have the kid with us), but I do have the UBP. I would like to have a few drinks without negative side effects if possible. Bonine is definitely my drug of choice for motion sickness. Nothing else has worked nearly as well.

Has anyone taken Bonine and had some drinks? I won't be getting drunk or anything (have the kid with us), but I do have the UBP. I would like to have a few drinks without negative side effects if possible. Bonine is definitely my drug of choice for motion sickness. Nothing else has worked nearly as well.

Never been an issue for me:D

ive never been on anything larger than a ferry but had no issues on there nor anywhere else like cars and roller coasters. still, id prefer to take something before/during the trip to ensure no issues. i have not talked to a doctor about it yet, but my friend who was on a ship last over 10 years ago swears you have to go to the doctor to get the best stuff. maybe 10 years ago you did?

i see many bonine recommendations on here though. so would it be prudent to start on that and then if something happens just go to the ship doctor? hate to overworry about it but from stories i hear if you get this, you are dead in the water so to speak

I take bonine every night (even the night before we get on the ship) while cruising with and without my kids (meaning while doing lots of drinking to just a few drinks) and we never had an issue.

I will be on a 10 day with my kids and I will be doing the latter. Plus we all will be taking bonine those 11 days!

ive never been on anything larger than a ferry but had no issues on there nor anywhere else like cars and roller coasters. still, id prefer to take something before/during the trip to ensure no issues. i have not talked to a doctor about it yet, but my friend who was on a ship last over 10 years ago swears you have to go to the doctor to get the best stuff. maybe 10 years ago you did?

i see many bonine recommendations on here though. so would it be prudent to start on that and then if something happens just go to the ship doctor? hate to overworry about it but from stories i hear if you get this, you are dead in the water so to speak

It's preventative measure with ocean sickness. My hubby and I and small kids have been on small boats to yachts to cruise ships on calm waters to choppy waters to hurricane on the water. Also other factors come into play that can effect it. So as a preventative measure (even with the calmest waters on the largest ships) we take ONE bonanine every night starting with the night BEFORE we set sail. It last 24 hours. if it's a rough day at sea or we are getting into a smaller boat for an excursion on some chilly waters then we pop in another bonine

You should be find just taking the Bonine. If you were to get really sick you can go to the medical doctor on the ship. They used to give you a shot, not sure if they still do. Of course you will have to pay for it. Bonine will work as long as you take it.

You should be find just taking the Bonine. If you were to get really sick you can go to the medical doctor on the ship. They used to give you a shot, not sure if they still do. Of course you will have to pay for it. Bonine will work as long as you take it.

im assuming my 500K of medical insurance i bought would cover this ;) not that i want to use it

I bought the Walmart version of Bonine today and also found the motion eaze there. I decided to return the sea bands to CVS. I don't normally have a problem with motion sickness, so I think I will be OK with the two things I got at Walmart. Oh yes, I also have ginger gum. On our first cruise, I did not feel any motion sickness. Last year, after a couple of days of kind of rough seas, it started to get to me. I took a Bonine, which helped. It also made me sleepy, but this time I will take it at night as has been advised on here. I'm a little concerned this trip because our cabin is high and forward. I want to be prepared just in case. Does anyone know if it's safe to use the most cities and also take?

I take Bonine in the morning before I board, and then I take one tablet every morning.

I have never been sea-sick taking Bonine, and this was even on my last cruise out of NY in February. Forward cabin, rough seas, and I was fine.

It never makes me drowsy and I can still drink alcohol and it has no ill effects.

Have a great time on your cruise!!

I would just suggest that whatever you decide to try, you get enough to try it a few weeks before your trip and see how you react. That way you can form a plan B if necessary. (For example, I am useless for about 36hrs after taking Bonine even though it doesn't knock me out completely like Dramamine. My brother had an allergic reaction to the scope patch that was worse than any motion sickness he ever had.)

I personally find that the sea bands have to be tight enough that they aren't comfortable in order for them to help with the motion sickness.