10:30am Return Flight Out of Ft. Lauderdale

Thinking about changing our return flight from 6pm to 10:30am Flight, will do self walk off will need to be at the airport by 9:30 has anyone scheduled an early flight and been ok?

thanks

Sorry the return flight will be on a Saturday

Thinking about changing our return flight from 6pm to 10:30am Flight, will do self walk off will need to be at the airport by 9:30 has anyone scheduled an early flight and been ok?

thanks

I'd be OK if the ship is Oasis, otherwise I'd be somewhat stressed out with a 10:30am flight.

thanks

We are doing a 10:05 flight on 3/28/19 Easter Sunday. We plan on walking off and getting a cab to airport. I am A plus preferred on Southwest and TSA Precheck so we hope to not have much line issues as long as customs is open for Navigator.

We have walked off the Oasis & Allure several times at 7:00 am, got to airport before 8:00am & made 10:30am flights easily. However, I still keep my fingers crossed & hope the airlines come through then.

We have walked off the Oasis & Allure several times at 7:00 am, got to airport before 8:00am & made 10:30am flights easily. However, I still keep my fingers crossed & hope the airlines come through then.

This is the case most of the time. However, our Allure arrival a couple of years ago was delayed due to our ship providing assistance to a sea search. We made our 11:45 flight without a problem, but anything earlier than that would have been iffy. You will probably be fine - just be aware that problems can occur.

We are doing a 10:05 flight on 3/28/19 Easter Sunday. We plan on walking off and getting a cab to airport. I am A plus preferred on Southwest and TSA Precheck so we hope to not have much line issues as long as customs is open for Navigator.

I hope your flight isn't for 3/28, and definitely not 2019. Easter is the 27th. :rolleyes: anywhoooo I do hope you get through customs quickly as we get on the same ship that day :-) enjoy your trip!

If you do self-disembarkation from Oasis, then it is likely you will be off the ship by 6:30-7am, and at the airport 10-15 minutes later.

Orlando airport is 45 minutes from Port Canaveral assuming the freeway isn't blocked by a accident. 10:30AM is still cutting it to close for my liking.

Checked bags must be checked in before 9:30. Give himself some lee way with the lines for that. then security. an hour at 9:30 on a weekend is not enough time

Nonsense. Depends on the airline. Under normal circumstances, the OP will be at the airport before 7AM anyway

Edited by SeaUs

Orlando airport is 45 minutes from Port Canaveral assuming the freeway isn't blocked by a accident. 10:30AM is still cutting it to close for my liking.

If you read the original post and subject line, the OP is sailing Oasis from FORT LAUDERDALE, not Orlando

thanks

You should be ok, check how many ships will be in port that day.

That was Fort Lauderdale. He is talking about Port Canaveral which is 45 minutes away from the Orlando Airport.

That was Fort Lauderdale. He is talking about Port Canaveral which is 45 minutes away from the Orlando Airport.

Did you read the subject line of this post? He is talking about Fort Lauderdale

thanks

If you get stuck in customs line, or ship is delayed in clearing, you might run into problems.. My my own sanity, I will not book before 11:30. We've done that mad dash to the airport, and it's not worth the stress. Perhaps you can do an excursion and grab a nice lunch somewhere.. Just my opinion ..

If you get stuck in customs line, or ship is delayed in clearing, you might run into problems.. My my own sanity, I will not book before 11:30. We've done that mad dash to the airport, and it's not worth the stress. Perhaps you can do an excursion and grab a nice lunch somewhere.. Just my opinion ..

Ever cruised Oasis or Allure? They have their own terminal and is much more efficient than the rest.