Carnival wine purchase. ..corkage fee?

divinmule

So the DH and I are looking to purchase some wine from Carnival to be delivered to the room. If we decide to take a bottle to the MDR for dinner, will they charge us a corkage fee on wine we purchased from them?

Does it cost less to pre-purchase the wine or would it be the same price in the MDR?

Thought about the Cruising the Vineyards program but the brands that DH prefers is not included.

So the DH and I are looking to purchase some wine from Carnival to be delivered to the room. If we decide to take a bottle to the MDR for dinner, will they charge us a corkage fee on wine we purchased from them?

Does it cost less to pre-purchase the wine or would it be the same price in the MDR?

Thought about the Cruising the Vineyards program but the brands that DH prefers is not included.

I do not think corkage is charged on wine purchased on board, just on bottles not purchased on board.

It's a $15 corkage fee to have the waiter open it in the dining room .. I think You're better off buying a bottle in the dining room .

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

No fee charge on wine purchased from Carnival. Corkage fee I believe is only $ 12.

Corkage fee is $ 15 for outside wine brought to steakhouse less for wine brought to DR but very often waiters will "forget" to charge it.

Same fee both locations. I just paid it the MDR in December. It was $10 prior to 7/9/15.

https://help.carnival.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/2634/~/liquor-and-beverage-policy-q%26a

Edited by Schoifmom

Hi there

They do offer wine "packages" onboard that are at a discounted price.

The packages are at different price levels. They would allow you to purchase the wine at any venue. If you had an unfinished bottle at the MDR for instance they would recork the bottle and save it for you for the next day.

I don't believe the prices when buying onboard are any more than buying ahead of time so if you waited to purchase once on the cruise you would be able to determine if one of the packages would work for you.

Don't forget that you would be allowed to bring one bottle per guest as carry-on at embarkation. If you were to bring one of these bottle to the MDR they could charge the corkage fee.

hope this helps

have a great cruise

to many people giving you the wrong information and to many people giving the same information over and over again, why do people need to repeat the information.

Thanks for the input. Seems most reasonable that they would not charge the corkage for Carnival wine...so glad to see the consensus is to that effect.

Would love to do vineyard deal but like I said hubby only likes a couple of their wines and they are not included.

Perhaps I'll just buy a couple pre cruise, take our allowed 2, and wing it from there. :)