Any Hotel Suggestions (Port of Miami)?

I live in central Florida and always drive to any port in the state on the morning of my cruise. I'll be taking my mother and sister on their first cruise this time and I think that it would be easier on them to get to a hotel the day before and take a shuttle to the port the next morning.

All I really need is...

1) Parking for 7 days

2) Shuttle to and from port

3) Someplace clean, preferably new/modern.

Has anyone stayed the night in Miami recently and can offer a suggestion? Pictures would be great.

Edited by Two Wheels Only

Check out the Florida/Miami ports of call forum. Tons of information to answer your question.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=495

Agree with this poster, but also have a bit of advice to Offer. Last June we stayed at the Hampton Inn & Suites Airport Blue Lagoon- they have a cruise package which includes the room for 1 night, breakfast in the morning, parking for up to 14 days (we only needed 7) and free shuttle to the port for 2 people ($10 each for extra pax). They don't offer a return shuttle so we caught a cab back from the port. Price was around $185-195 incl. taxes/fees

We have an upcoming cruise this October, but that Hampton didn't have any cruise packages available for our dates, so we are using the Hampton Inn Coconut Grove/Coral Gables with the same parking/shuttle package. Cost is $175 before taxes.

Good luck and Happy Cruising!

General Statement:

Hotels near the airport are less expensive and most have free shuttle service to and from the airport where you could pick-up the NCL transfer service ($16pp) on the morning of the cruise.

Some airport hotels have shuttles to the cruise terminal or can arrange for one.

From the airport to the cruise terminal is about a 20-25 minute ride 10+/- miles.

Hotels near the cruise terminal and Beach are more expensive - some have shuttle service to the cruise terminal for a fare.

Convenience a PLUS in that you go out of your hotel to one ride to the cruise terminal instead of the airport where you take hotel shuttle to airport unload

and load back up on NCL motor coach.

NCL's motor coach transfer may get you much closer to the drop point for unloading your checked baggage going on board.

In all cases tipping is suggested !

Seasoned Miami cruisers pick this apart for works best based on your travels !

Whenever looking for a motel at a cruise port where I can park, I always check out stay123 dot com.

We stayed last month at the Holiday Inn Express in Doral. It included parking for 14 days, continental breakfast and $12 pp for shuttle to the port. You could also arrange with the shuttle service for pickup for $12 pp back to the hotel.