A little bit of Civil Unrest

Ataraxia

In case anyone is wondering there has been labor unrest and strikes the last few days over an Immigration Bill. The protests have all been peaceful.

Thanks for this! Good to know. Still, even when peaceful, it's never the best to be at ports of call with strikes.

Great, I am going to be there over Labor Day, Labour Day in Bermuda. Hopefully civil unrest will be done by then!

It probably won't. It is a hotly debated issue that has been brewing for a while. The protests are peaceful. I read the royal gazette often(Bermuda newspaper). I have been going to Bermuda since 1980's and I would not be concerned about this issue. Yes the island has changed, but it is still a very safe place to stay and travel.

Thanks for this! Good to know. Still, even when peaceful, it's never the best to be at ports of call with strikes.

It wouldn't be good to be there now as the buses and ferries are on strike. The docks too so if there had been any port calls this week they might have been canceled if the workers who handle cruise ships are part of the actions. I suspect cruise lines would cancel calling on Bermuda during the type of actions taking place this week if they were scheduled to dock in Bermuda even though they have been peaceful. Hopefully the actions will be over with before the start of cruise season.

Edited by Charles4515