Equinox and Caribbean Cruise Review

hallasm

I have just been at the 11 Nights Ultimate Caribbean Cruise on Celebrity Equinox, from Fort Lauderdale February 22 to March 4 visiting: Cozumel, Mexico; Puerto Limon, Costa Rica; Colon, Panama; Cartagena, Colombia; and George Town, Grand Cayman.

My review of the cruise including pictures, Videos and Celebrity TODAY newsletters can be found at this link: ultimatecaribbeancruise.blogspot.com/

This is a shot tour of Equinox video:

[YOUTUBE]p68BS7y8VkQ[/YOUTUBE]

We will be leaving in the same cruise in 2 1/2 weeks. What was the change in your Panama Canal tour that made you decide not to take it?

when I booked the excursion the itenary was from Chagres River through Culebra Cut, through the Pedro Miguel and Miraflores locks and finnaly under the Bridge of the Americas.

The day before it was changed to Gatun lake and locks which I have done before and Panama City sightseeing by bus.

To all of you: thank you for the nice comments.

Edited by hallasm

Hallasm

This a good video for new cruisers. The lack of crowds, the dining rooms, beauty of the ship. I have 58 days to wait for my turn on Silly.

Sure, but when they get on the ship and can't find a table in the buffet or any outdoor venue, they will be really disappointed.

Thanks for your review! One more question about the Panama excursion: Was this the ship excursion? And did they give you a reason for the change?

Yes, this was a Celebrity 'Panama Canal Tour'. Reason was 'Canal authorities has change route due to traffic' !

Thank you once again, so helpful! Quick question. Can you remember approximately how much your taxi was into Cartegna and were taxis readily available to get back to the Port.

Wendy

Price from port to Cartagena was fixed at $20 and plenty of taxis. Going back was $10 - more competition.

Use only the yellow Servicio Publico taxis and agree the price in advance.