oceania website

petcoke

I just checked again and the language setting is still not being saved. Have entered it countless times, but it never remembers.

Here's a question: We are supposed to select our dining reservations in a couple of weeks for our Mediterranean cruise. Is that going to work? Will those choices be immediately forgotten as well?

I made our dining reservations on line last week. No problems (yet, - keeping my fingers crossed).

We received our next cruise document booklet this past week. The guest registration form is complete even though the on-line form does not show as complete due to the language block problem. No need to worry about that if all of the other required blocks show complete.

and...no problem with the on-line dinner reservation system which we used 10 days ago.

I made our dining reservations on line last week. No problems (yet, - keeping my fingers crossed).

We received our next cruise document booklet this past week. The guest registration form is complete even though the on-line form does not show as complete due to the language block problem. No need to worry about that if all of the other required blocks show complete.

and...no problem with the on-line dinner reservation system which we used 10 days ago.

Thanks! As you can probably tell, this is all new to me. Really excited about our upcoming cruise, even with all the noro problems on Riviera.

The issue with the language preference causing problems when completing the Guest Registration Form has been resolved. Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you again for your patience.

Just checked out my GRF status and it has saved the correct info and indicates complete.

Thanks for fixing the issue.

• 1 month later...

Just happen to double check my GRF as it is in the computer. It now says my language preference is "Francais". I don't speak French. Tried to change back to "English" but it won't save it.

Come on guys, can't you fix this problem so it works properly for more than just a few weeks. Most frustrating.

TT

That bug was unfortunately re-introduced and we are working on resolving it ASAP.

Hi Mike. New issue: The summer 2017 voyages that are B2B are now called "combo voyages" by Oceania. You are given 1 booking number but a second one also exists. I am able to add the first booking number to My Account of booked cruises but the system gives an "error" when trying to add the second booking number. Having both bookings listed in My Account will allow for booking excursions and dining. Could you kindly look into this as well? Thanks for your help Mike!

Hi Mike. New issue: The summer 2017 voyages that are B2B are now called "combo voyages" by Oceania. You are given 1 booking number but a second one also exists. I am able to add the first booking number to My Account of booked cruises but the system gives an "error" when trying to add the second booking number. Having both bookings listed in My Account will allow for booking excursions and dining. Could you kindly look into this as well? Thanks for your help Mike!

That item is also on the list. Unfortunately for now I'll have to ask that you contact our reservations department by phone.

Just happen to double check my GRF as it is in the computer. It now says my language preference is "Francais". I don't speak French. Tried to change back to "English" but it won't save it.

Come on guys, can't you fix this problem so it works properly for more than just a few weeks. Most frustrating.

TT

:rolleyes:

Moi aussi. Profile dit Français.

I'm having two minor issues. If they can't get resolved before our cruise, no big deal.

1. I was able to book 7 of our 8 specialty restaurants. For some reason, the eighth (Polo Grill) reservation is being stubborn. No matter the day and/or time I choose, it won't confirm.

2. There is not a button to "Shop for Culinary Classes" even though someone else on our sailing has viewed and booked a class online.

Again, these are very minor issues, and I'm not concerned if they cannot be fixed in time for our June 26 Riviera sailing.

I'm having two minor issues. If they can't get resolved before our cruise, no big deal.

1. I was able to book 7 of our 8 specialty restaurants. For some reason, the eighth (Polo Grill) reservation is being stubborn. No matter the day and/or time I choose, it won't confirm.

2. There is not a button to "Shop for Culinary Classes" even though someone else on our sailing has viewed and booked a class online.

Again, these are very minor issues, and I'm not concerned if they cannot be fixed in time for our June 26 Riviera sailing.

I had the same issue as your first point before our cruise in Feb 16. I tried many times and gave up and decided 7 (Polo Grill being the problem booking as well) out of 8 is pretty good.:)

The issue with the language preference causing problems when completing the Guest Registration Form has been resolved. Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you again for your patience.

The problem is not at all resolved! I tried to input my passport info for a cruise the end of the month and I still can't save anything do to the language problem. I have been trying for 2 weeks.

I finally called yesterday and sat on hold for over 20 minutes before a human came on. It took 40 minutes to complete the call. What a major waste of time. I could have done this in less than 5 minutes if your website worked!

According to Mike -- it remains on the list of known problems.

Web problems are typically and big issue for any IT department. No SW is perfect especially when developers like Mozilla constantly change their browsers. What works with one version might not work when they do an update.

It might help if Mike posts a list of known issues.

We had a similar issue -- if you are doing a back to back or Grand voyage, you must put 1/2 you allocation in the first part and 1/2 in the second part.

Edited by PaulMCO

The problem is not at all resolved! I tried to input my passport info for a cruise the end of the month and I still can't save anything do to the language problem. I have been trying for 2 weeks.

I finally called yesterday and sat on hold for over 20 minutes before a human came on. It took 40 minutes to complete the call. What a major waste of time. I could have done this in less than 5 minutes if your website worked!

Unfortunately the bug was resolved at the time of that post, but has resurfaced. Hopeful it will be squared away permanently this week.

We had a similar issue -- if you are doing a back to back or Grand voyage, you must put 1/2 you allocation in the first part and 1/2 in the second part.

I booked all of our reservations for our Grand Voyage in one shot. Maybe it's different for a B2B but my experience on a GV is that it worked fine.

A little bugbear recently - the Australian and US Oceania websites show different availability for the same cruise

eg Sirena July 27 Lisbon to Paris - AU site shows waitlist in PH3 and US site shows variously two cabins or guaranteed cabin available. It's been like this for about 3 weeks. Despite my TA enquiring about availability on a couple of occasions and being told none - it continues to display the availability.

Good afternoon everyone. I just spent 20 minutes on hold to Oceania as I couldn't complete the Guest Registration Form. The very nice man I spoke to (Dave) said that his previous 2 callers had exactly the same issue - the 'bug' that had affected the form whereby it wouldn't recognise your language preference has reared its ugly head again. :(

Good afternoon everyone. I just spent 20 minutes on hold to Oceania as I couldn't complete the Guest Registration Form. The very nice man I spoke to (Dave) said that his previous 2 callers had exactly the same issue - the 'bug' that had affected the form whereby it wouldn't recognise your language preference has reared its ugly head again. :(

I just found the same problem. How annoying! Did they give you an ETA on the fix or did he just take your info over the phone ?

Rob

I just found the same problem. How annoying! Did they give you an ETA on the fix or did he just take your info over the phone ?

Rob

I gave my info over the phone Rob as they couldn't give an ETA on the fix. It was all repeated back to me several times to make sure, and then a revised confirmation was sent to my TA later that day with my completed GTR. All of the information was correct.

I understand the problem is a hard fix. What I don't understand is the long hold times. If they have the problems then why don't they staff up with one or two extra sales people to handle the calls in the mean time?