Gold Card Suite Lunch in Chops on Independence of the Seas

Update:

Day 1 (Embarkation) - Nothing

Day 2 (Sea Day) - Officer's Brunch (Attached Photo of Invite in Prior Post). Consisted of some premade cocktails (blood mary, screw driver etc), beef slice, pork chop, crab cake, scalop and sushi.

Day 3 (Belize) - Nothing, just sitting if you want to, we ate in Belize.

Day 4 (Cozumel) - Nothing, just sitting if you want.

Day 5 (Sea Day) - To Be Determined, will update later but there is a Champagne Paid Brunch and Gallary Tour for ALL guests. So I am going to guess 99% no lunch for suite guests in Chops. Ill let you know.

Update:

Day 5 I forgot to check Chops but I was told by other Suite Guests that there was nothing there.

Another important thing to note is the CL during disembarkation has no food, I don't know if that common on all ships now or just Indy. When were on Adventure in December there were snacks and all my Enchantment cruises had snacks as well.

On Navigator last year they only had food on sea days and not on 1st day for lunch, but it was still a nice quite place to sit and there were waiters to get water and drinks. We are on Liberty in 10 days and I am sure I will eat lunch there except for a couple in Giovanni's which we love.

Update:

Day 5 I forgot to check Chops but I was told by other Suite Guests that there was nothing there.

Another important thing to note is the CL during disembarkation has no food, I don't know if that common on all ships now or just Indy. When were on Adventure in December there were snacks and all my Enchantment cruises had snacks as well.

On Rhapsody in CL disembarking day in Buenos Aires - there was no food.

Windjammer was open. And there was coffee and sweet rolls in other disembarking "hold" locations.

Was lunch ever available in chops on Freedom or Voyager class.?? For us, it has always been just a place to escape the WJ rat race and grab a quiet table with the food we got ourselves.:confused:

Also-never have had any food in the CL on disembarkation day either. :(

Was lunch ever available in chops on Freedom or Voyager class.?? For us, it has always been just a place to escape the WJ rat race and grab a quiet table with the food we got ourselves.:confused:

Also-never have had any food in the CL on disembarkation day either. :(

Navigator had it on sea days only, I believe it started on our voyage in April 2014, very small menu, only thing I remember was garlic fries which my wife loved, we sail in 24 hours on liberty and concierge e-mail said CL/suite lounge had continental breakfast every day, on Navigator chops was open last day on Liberty it is closed

Mark -

Just a small update, nothing in the documents left in stateroom say anything about Lunch in Chops. All there was is this...

Hmm that looks suspiciously like Lunch although named brunch the timing is about right 11.30.

Unless breakfast at 06.00 Brunch at 11.30 followed by Lunch at 13.00 then something to look forward to around 16.00, before getting ready for dinner at 17.30. Oh what full day!

The venue seems right Chops,

The invitees seems to fall in the right category,

Suite guests dining with the senior officers.

Elementary my dear Watson.

Hmm that looks suspiciously like Lunch although named brunch the timing is about right 11.30.

Unless breakfast at 06.00 Brunch at 11.30 followed by Lunch at 13.00 then something to look forward to around 16.00, before getting ready for dinner at 17.30. Oh what full day!

The venue seems right Chops,

The invitees seems to fall in the right category,

Suite guests dining with the senior officers.

Elementary my dear Watson.

It was lunch although called brunch and it was only offered 1 day. There was not a single breakfast item available for consumption.

It was Sea Scallops, Sushi, Pork Chops, Crab Cake and Beef Slices.

Hey Garavar,

Scallops cooked with bacon is considered a breakfast item in my house. Especially nice if you can obtain the Queen scallops. Have six of those and a lovely cup of tea, guaranteed to give you a good nourishing start to the day and put hairs on your chest. (Ladies should avoid) and stick to cereal or Granola.

Hey Garavar,

Scallops cooked with bacon is considered a breakfast item in my house. Especially nice if you can obtain the Queen scallops. Have six of those and a lovely cup of tea, guaranteed to give you a good nourishing start to the day and put hairs on your chest. (Ladies should avoid) and stick to cereal or Granola.

No Bacon on the Scallops unfortuntely. It was on a clam shell with some yellow sause.

Your bacon Queen Scallops sound delicious thought

No Bacon on the Scallops unfortuntely. It was on a clam shell with some yellow sause.

Your bacon Queen Scallops sound delicious thought

Not actually with bacon. Use the fat ridden offering that is readily available in the USA and render the fat into the pan.

Then place the scallops into the hot fat and sear on one side before flipping over. Cooking time approx 2 minutes each side, the centres should remain opaque and will be fully cooked by the time you serve.

As a garnish melt some butter in a pan and squeeze the juice of half or a whole lemon and allow to emulsify.

Spoon this sauce over your scallops and enjoy

• 3 years later...
On 8/3/2019 at 6:34 AM, peacefrogdog said:

Reviving this old thread to see whether anyone has any updates on breakfast and lunch for gold card holders for Indy 

This year we were in a grand and had nice breakfast at chops daily but no lunch. Bob

On 8/3/2019 at 4:34 AM, peacefrogdog said:

Reviving this old thread to see whether anyone has any updates on breakfast and lunch for gold card holders for Indy 

Grand Suite on Indy in Jan 19. We had Chops breakfast daily (including disembark day) and there was a reserved area in the Windjammer for suite guests for lunch. Lunch was not free at Chops.