Price Increased but includes extra obc

4ready2cruz

Just checked the fare on my ES booking and the rate has gone up by $10 but now has $50 in OBC included (part of the Wheel of Fortune promo).

Am I not eligible to pay the additional $10 to get the $50 in OBC?

I called my TA and she said that I would need to pay an additional $495 pp in order to get $50 in OBC and stay in the same cabin. That doesn't sound right. I checked the fareviewer and there aren't any OV fares that high.

This is my first time doing ES so I am not sure if what I requested was doable.

Are you absolutely sure the cabin is in the same exact category and not one below yours? If so, I can't figure out why in the world you would need to pay $495 if the price only increase $10. Either you are mistaken or your TA is mistaken. Try doing a mock booking online and make sure it is the same cabin category and send a screenshot of the price to your TA to see.

I am going to try calling back tomorrow and seeing if I get a different answer. It just did not make sense to me since that price plus what I have already paid would probably put us in a suite, not an OV!

I thought maybe since it is not a "price drop" I was not eligible. ES newbie :).

Well let's see. Pay an extra $20 to get $50 OBC. I know it doesn't make sense to those who don't know how to add.

Exactly. It's pretty cut and dry. Net effect is that you save $30. I already price matched three of my cruises to the wheel deal #2.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

this was a different agent than the one I spoke with last night. She says that they try to match to the "best available rate" and that is what came up. I explained that I had already done a mock booking online and that the price difference was only $5 per person for 1 of my booked cabins using the WofF #2 offer. I have 2 cabins booked but the first one had a VIFP offer that already had the $50 obc. I did not press for further explanation. I did ask for an updated invoice showing the new base price per cabin.

I think it probably would have been easier booking directly through Carnival.

this was a different agent than the one I spoke with last night. She says that they try to match to the "best available rate" and that is what came up. I explained that I had already done a mock booking online and that the price difference was only $5 per person for 1 of my booked cabins using the WofF #2 offer. I have 2 cabins booked but the first one had a VIFP offer that already had the $50 obc. I did not press for further explanation. I did ask for an updated invoice showing the new base price per cabin.

I think it probably would have been easier booking directly through Carnival.

Yes, whenever I book ES I will only book through Carnival, not through a TA. I learned the lesson the hard way, had a TA that wouldn't call back and when they did the price had already gone up, never seen the price drops, etc.:rolleyes: