Need miami hotel

lilybelle45

Good Afternoon to All ! Never sailed out of Miami but am about to...Escape in May...Looking for a nice, clean, moderately priced hotel with breakfast, parking, and port shuttle. So far on my own, I have come across the Red Roof Inn at the airport ( we are not flying in, driving down from GA). I look forward to any and all suggestions and reviews both good and bad....many thanks in advance....

Only in the airport area will you find hotels with breakfast, parking and port shuttle at a moderate price. And there may be a charge for the shuttle. The vast, vast majority of hotels in central Miami are not geared toward vacationers on a budget but business travelers on company expense accounts.

Besides the Hampton Inn Brickell, the Hilton Downtown Miami also offers weekly parking, but they are hardly budget hotels and as noted you will have a short cab ride to the port. If price is your sole consideration I suggest you search sites such as http://www.parksleepfly.com or http://www.stay123.net where you could find some package deals, though not necessarily will all three features you are looking for at no charge. No point in asking for recommendations as all MIA airport hotels that need to offer shuttles or park-and-stay as incentives to book there will be equally mediocre. My guess is that after you search for a bit you will find yourself adjusting your budget upwards.

Edited by fishywood

Don't stay in the Miami area - stay north for much cheaper (search near West Palm), then the morning of your cruise drive 1.5+ hours to POM and park there - covered, convenient and secure. ;)

We stayed at the Embassy suites airport it was reasonable and included breakfast. Don't know about the shuttle though. The hotel was nice but the traffic and area not so nice. They also had construction on the road that made driving confusing the next morning. That being said we are leaving out of Miami February 2017 and we increased our hotel budget and we are staying downtown Miami at either the homewood suites or Hampton inn.

So far on my own, I have come across the Red Roof Inn at the airport ( we are not flying in, driving down from GA). I look forward to any and all suggestions and reviews both good and bad....many thanks in advance....

Hyatt Place ( Doral) and Residence Inn ( Airport). Have done both!

OK so I was curious enough to check further: the Red Roof Inn the OP found does do park-and-stay but only has a shuttle to the airport, not the cruise port. And "breakfast" is a coffee maker and snack foods included in premium rooms (not superior or deluxe rooms).

The Residence Inn has packages that include parking, or packages that include shuttle to the port...but not one that includes both. Still, picking a random Saturday night in May the cost of the park-and-fly rate plus two transfers to the port is under $200. Same for the Hyatt Place which has a package including one-way transfers to the port and up to 14 nights parking. Yes, more expensive than Red Roof Inn--which we don't know the cost of getting to the port from.

But even with the other two suggested hotels being acceptable properties at acceptable (though not low-budget) rates neither of them offer return shuttle on disembarkation day. So add the cost of a cab--and more notably the time involved; the Hyatt in Doral is in a traffic-choked mess even on Sunday mornings. If the OP's plan is to hit the road back home as soon as possible the best solution certainly will be the one I initially missed: stay at the most inexpensive motel available 75-100 miles outside Miami, and add the $140 for a week's parking at the port to the budget.

Edited by fishywood

Look up Sheraton MIA parking. They charge about $8/day. My friends were very happy with their service. You will have to get yourself to and from the port, so do the math and see if this is better than parking directly at the port for $20/day, which is so convenient.

OK so I was curious enough to check further: the Red Roof Inn the OP found does do park-and-stay but only has a shuttle to the airport, not the cruise port. And "breakfast" is a coffee maker and snack foods included in premium rooms (not superior or deluxe rooms).

The Residence Inn has packages that include parking, or packages that include shuttle to the port...but not one that includes both. Still, picking a random Saturday night in May the cost of the park-and-fly rate plus two transfers to the port is under $200. Same for the Hyatt Place which has a package including one-way transfers to the port and up to 14 nights parking. Yes, more expensive than Red Roof Inn--which we don't know the cost of getting to the port from.

But even with the other two suggested hotels being acceptable properties at acceptable (though not low-budget) rates neither of them offer return shuttle on disembarkation day. So add the cost of a cab--and more notably the time involved; the Hyatt in Doral is in a traffic-choked mess even on Sunday mornings. If the OP's plan is to hit the road back home as soon as possible the best solution certainly will be the one I initially missed: stay at the most inexpensive motel available 75-100 miles outside Miami, and add the $140 for a week's parking at the port to the budget.

Cab fare should be around $25-$30