Do couches in mini suites turn into beds?

kingsgirl

Some do.

They are fold out. Very thin mattress. Ask for a topper. Our horrible room steward always forgot to put the covers on one cruise. Sis had to play 'find the blanket' every night. (The covers are too thick to be stored inside the folded couch during the day.

When the bed is out, it will block most of the balcony door.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Do couches turn into beds?

In our experience (Grand Princess mini suite) it did, and the design was different than the typical home couch convertible bed. Our 21 year old daughter found it quite comfortable, as the design created a flat surface where one could not feel support bars.

Also depends on the ship. Most have the fold out bed, but if you are on the Royal or Regal, the couch folds down so you end up sleeping on the cushions of the couch rather than a fold out bed.

Tim

Tim, does that make it more comfortable or uncomfortable?

We are going on the Royal and have three of us in the room. My sister will ask us to rotate beds if it's uncomfortable :(

The deck plans will show if the sofa is a bed or not....check the symbols and meanings on the deck plans! Generally speaking, a sofa bed is fine for smaller or lighter folks...for tall or heavy folks, not so comfy!

Edited by cb at sea

Tim, does that make it more comfortable or uncomfortable?

We are going on the Royal and have three of us in the room. My sister will ask us to rotate beds if it's uncomfortable :(

Most, but not all, of Royal minis have sofa beds. It's really comfy. No foldout, but it becomes a twin at night. I'm 5ft 9inches and slept very well. The only minis on the Royal not equipped with sofa beds are the corner minis in the at the bow. Those are huge minis with a "separate bedroom" but only a smaller loveseat/couch. Those are two-person cabins (with terrific balconies).