ANTHEM - What's going on with DD/Classic Dining?

I loved the ambiance of Silk and thought it was beautiful. The food - not so much.

We hated the food in Silk (and we love Asian food) and also didn't like the ambiance. The night we ate in there we were stuck in this little cubby hole......it felt very claustrophobic. I can deal with it for 1 or 2 nights, but not 12 nights!!

We hated the food in Silk (and we love Asian food) and also didn't like the ambiance. The night we ate in there we were stuck in this little cubby hole......it felt very claustrophobic. I can deal with it for 1 or 2 nights, but not 12 nights!!

We didn't care for Silk's food either. A really poor execution of Asian food. Had much better from local takeaway outlets. I know others seem to like it but overall from reviews it's often the most anticipated but least enjoyed of the four free venues. We cancelled our other reservations and switched them. We liked all three other restaurants a lot.

We loved Silk,but have to say we ordered the filet mignon which was so much better than the Grande. My daughter loved the sweet and sour dish and the dumplings. Soup and rice were good and they gave my husband a potato choice as he is not a fried rice fan.

We loved Silk,but have to say we ordered the filet mignon which was so much better than the Grande. My daughter loved the sweet and sour dish and the dumplings. Soup and rice were good and they gave my husband a potato choice as he is not a fried rice fan.

When we were on Quantum, they had changed the menu in Silk and it wasn't very good. The menu was better before they changed it. Did you eat there on Quantum? or Anthem? Maybe it's better on Anthem.

We ate while on the Anthem March 27th cruise. We did not try it on Quantum because the menu did not appeal to us. The Anthem menu changed every four days and the hibachi steak,which was the filet mignon, was great. We actually cancelled Chic to go back to Silk.

We ate while on the Anthem March 27th cruise. We did not try it on Quantum because the menu did not appeal to us. The Anthem menu changed every four days and the hibachi steak,which was the filet mignon, was great. We actually cancelled Chic to go back to Silk.

I didn't think you had it on Quantum.......LOL My friends had it on Quantum when she first started sailing and said it was very good but by the time we sailed, they changed the menu and it was awful! LOL

For us, we LOVE the experience of having the same dining staff each night. They get to know you and your choices.

Personally, it really makes the dining experience that much better. I will not go to DD, and have fought to get the 'classic' on each of the three booked cruises that I have.

Totally agree with you 100%.We will not sail without traditional dining.

Which is why what they've done now (classic rotational and choice dining) really should make people happy. I'm NOT happy they are getting rid of it!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Everyone has a right to what they like and dislike. We all have different opinions about DD. Unfortunately, this class was the only class that offered DD and all the other classes have traditional dining for those that don't like DD so it's unfortunate that they are taking the DD choice away from those that love it.

Personally, after many cruises, having the same waiter does not matter to me. Yes, it's nice but every ship in the Royal Fleet has that option and we think it's great to switch it up a bit. Different dining rooms, different waiters, different menus.

Well, we all think that even the classic will be going away and you may be stuck in just one of those restaurants and have the same menu as all the other ships. There won't be anything special about dining on Anthem anymore.

Edited by beachbuddy

I recently booked Harmony for April 2017 and was surprised to see Dynamic Dining Classic on my reservation, I thought they had given up on the idea of DD on the Oasis class ships and were keeping DD to the Anthem class. I have always hated the DD concept, but I've never experienced it. I guess we'll give the Classic version a whirl if they don't change their minds again.

-- Kevin

I recently booked Harmony for April 2017 and was surprised to see Dynamic Dining Classic on my reservation, I thought they had given up on the idea of DD on the Oasis class ships and were keeping DD to the Anthem class. I have always hated the DD concept, but I've never experienced it. I guess we'll give the Classic version a whirl if they don't change their minds again.

-- Kevin

I have a feeling that is just a glitch. They are not doing DD on Oasis class at all. Looks like they might not be doing it on Quantum class either.

I don't think you should hate to say that at all. We're going on Anthem next month *because* it's different. We're excited about a different experience. I hope they leave it be.

Tom

I hate to say this... But there's plenty of other ships in the fleet to cater to traditional dining.

I don't think you should hate to say that at all. We're going on Anthem next month *because* it's different. We're excited about a different experience. I hope they leave it be.

Tom

My Aunt has a group from her church going on Anthem in June. They are all so excited about DD and as of now they have no idea that it may not exist by the time they cruise. I hope Royal relooks at their decision.

I'm booked for June 2nd, and made all my reservations. I'll be so pissed if they switch it. Why didn't they roll it on a ship that doesn't have reservations open yet?

I agree. We don't sail till November but all our reservations are made as well and we're linked with 8 other people. Have no idea what will happen now. We're also booked for April 2017 but I'll definitely be canceling that one!

Edited by beachbuddy

I totally respect that you like traditional. So why would you book on a ship that had dynamic dining? There are still plenty of choices with traditional dining... I am not trying to be rude but trying to understand.

I totally respect that you like traditional. So why would you book on a ship that had dynamic dining? There are still plenty of choices with traditional dining... I am not trying to be rude but trying to understand.

I don't understand it either. DD was only on this 1 ship in the USA and yet people still complained about it. I mean really???? Royal has plenty of other ships to sail.

I have just sent a nice email to Mr. Bayley. I know it won't do anything but it is always good for top management (although I know he won't be the one actually reading it) to hear from customers who use your product.

Good, I sent one too. Wish everyone that's unhappy with the change sends one. Just wait till they make the changes.........I'm sure they will get a lot of complaints because there will be a lot of unhappy cruisers who were expecting DD! Most of them won't even know until they get on the ship. Sure wouldn't want to be on those first few cruises when they change it. There will be a lot of angry people and I do feel sorry for the staff since they have nothing to do with the change but will have to hear all the complaints from people.

Here's the email I sent...

Good afternoon Mr Bayley,

I assure you are doing well. I understand this is a very exciting time within the Royal Caribbean fleet with the addition of 3 new ships, however I wanted to comment upon rumour circulating regarding one of your newer ships, Anthem of the Seas.

After having booked Anthem following an amazing Quantum cruise last year I was excited to be acquainted with Dynamic Dining again after enjoying it previously. I loved the much talked about concept with the ability to mix and match restaurants to taste and to times that suited which was ever so different to other ships within the fleet, which is what drew me back to Anthem (I'm from the UK and Ft Lauderdale cruises are normally slightly cheaper, however the ship was the enticing factor with this and Anthem)

It's recently come to my attention that the dining concept will be changing onboard this ship to the standard "Traditional" and "My Time Dining", and the only word I can describe for this change is disappointing.

The Dynamic Dining concept was excellent allowing you to feel a lot more cosy and being able to be in different places each night, even if it was just a different deck or room. To return to the dated system the line has been using for years seems a step in the wrong direction and makes me no more appealed to use Anthem from the Tri-State area as it does to sail any of the other ships from Florida.

To add to this, the Solarium Bistro is changing to Suite Class only. I have a booking in this restaurant already and the loss of it is very dissatisfying and has lead to less choice without paying extra to upgrade (though I'd love to, with flights as well its not viable) or to book a speciality venue. The thing that might ruin it the most however is being seated in Silk for 9 nights with its decor, really not suitable to the standard dining being provided.

If it wasn't that I had flights booked, and the cost to change so extraordinary I would be cancelling this cruise as it certainly wouldn't be as advertised.

I'd much rather spend less money and sail Allure than pay a premium to sail on Anthem if they are basically only going to offer the same product- an old fashioned dining concept.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk