Suite Amenities Package

ksmaxey

I don't believe this statement is accurate.

The Neptune Suite has a different package, see below, and the Superior Suite doesn't have the amenities listed in the package, such as laundry and beverages. So for some folks, it would make sense to purchase if in a Signature Suite.

I misspoke. When I typed "the Suite Amenities Package is not for suites" I was thinking Neptune suites, but didn't specify that. Oops. Sorry. :o

The Suite Amenities Package duplicates amenities the Neptune Suites already get, which is why they aren't eligible for it. The Neptune Suites do have a separate, different package they can purchase.

Better now?

Any idea what Danzante Pinot Grigio and Moscato is? Is this a sweet wine?

Danzante Pinot Grigio is a slightly fruitier wine, I would not consider it sweet. Danzante Moscato is sweet.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

• 5 months later...

I joined this site because my son would recommend it every time I would ask him a question about cruising. He is not familiar with HAL or any of the extra packages.

We have a HAL cruise coming up on the Westerdam, only the 2nd one we have ever taken. Last one was 35 years ago on Princess, lol.

We found mention of the Suite Amenities package on the HAL site, then had a dickens of a time finding it again. Thanks to reading some comments here I was able to figure out who to call. We have a veranda cabin and there was no problem ordering it, other than the cost.

For those wondering, we have a 17 night cruise and the cost for that package is $649.00....I know...gulp...but we wanted some of the extras it offered and we would have ultimately paid separately for them. I was glad to read here that they will reimburse you for things you don't end up using.

Thought I would ask some questions here rather than calling them back, so the answers could be read by others.

How often can you use the laundry, dry cleaning, and pressing services that it includes , before you have to start coming up with more money?

How do you get the monogrammed robes back home assuming you don't have room in the luggage? Can they be shipped from the ship for a minimal charge?

What items will they reimburse you for and which ones won't they?

I am sure I will think of more, but it's late here on the west coast and my brain is a bit cloudy.

Char

You can send out laundry every day if you want to. You don't need to wait until you fill the bag.

As for being reimbursed for items you don't need, that may depend on the ship. Do not count on getting reimbursed for anything. It may be granted, it may not. The decision is up to the staff in charge.

I've not heard about shipping the robes home for a nominal charge. They do come fairly flat so should be easy to fit in your suitcase.

Welcome to Cruise Critic! I hope you will join the roll call for your cruise. Are you going to Hawaii? I'm on the Westie right after that cruise.

Edited by Alberta Quilter

Yes, we are on the Westie (got to start picking up the lingo) leaving next Sat out of Seattle to HI. That does make it easier for packing knowing we won't have to wait till the bag is full. Do you separate the darks and the lights into separate bags? I imagine that they wash and dry right inside the bag, so there is less chance of anything getting mixed up.

It says waffle robes, which in my experience are light weight, but it looks like heavy terry cloth in the images.

BTW, I am also a quilt maker although I took a break from it when I joined Ancestry a few years ago and discovered Facebook at the same time.

Char

Yes, we are on the Westie (got to start picking up the lingo) leaving next Sat out of Seattle to HI. That does make it easier for packing knowing we won't have to wait till the bag is full. Do you separate the darks and the lights into separate bags? I imagine that they wash and dry right inside the bag, so there is less chance of anything getting mixed up.

It says waffle robes, which in my experience are light weight, but it looks like heavy terry cloth in the images.

They could not possibly wash and dry the clothes in the bag! It is small and everything will come out a in a wrinkled ball! All the clothes get tagged; I assume they separate, wash, dry and them pack them together based on tags. Or they may transfer it to larger mesh bags. But I am sure the separate.

They are waffle robes and they are not light weight.