Suite Amenities Package

ksmaxey

I see most of the posts on this package are 4-6 years old. Have you ordered this? What exactly was included?

Was there restrictions on the liquor and wine options?

Was it worth it?

thanks

Kevin

You may have seen some of my posts in your search results. I don't think it's changed much, if at all, since I got it a few years ago. If you buy the double package (for two people), you get two beverage cards and two robes. The one thing I will say is that you really need to figure out if you are going to use every single item in the package. The price will basically be the total of each item so there is no savings to getting the package; it's just a convenience to have everything delivered to you. If you don't need the robe, for example, I wouldn't get the package. You can do better by buying what you do want on your own, IMO.

At least, that was my experience. It was enjoyable to have but I don't need to get it again. YMMV

Hi.

The package can be ordered in advanced via the HAL website. I agree with the previous poster that you should cost out whether this is a deal for you.

Here is some info on costs:

• Laundry is a good perk, although unlimited laundry can be purchased while on board for a set price (depends upon the length of voyage.)
  • Bathrooms run around $55 a piece.
  • Hors d’oeuvre Plate 12 assorted appetizers is $15.40 a day
  • Liquor about $35 each
  • Wine prices are all over the map, probably depends what you are allowed to choose from.
  • Pinacle Grill for two is $52.
  • The other things are nice if you are not already in a Neptune suite and have no monetary value, but adds convenience.

Here is the description of the package:

Suite Amenities Package (for all Suites, excluding Neptune Suites) —

includes complimentary laundry and pressing; Holland America bathrobe with monogram of choice; in-stateroom High Tea or daily canapés; fresh flowers; special VIP debarkation procedures; special VIP debarkation lounge; Pillows a la Carte Menu; initial stateroom beverage setup - with two bottles of wine of your choice, and two bottles of your favorite liquor; $50 Beverage Card; Pinnacle Grill dinner

I think the suite amenities package is for all types of staterooms, excluding Neptune Suites. We were not in a suite when we got the package.

For Neptune Suites, I believe there is a Suite Elite package that has some different benefits. There was a recent thread about that package.

Edited by Alberta Quilter

If you get the suite amenities package for 1, which includes complimentary laundry and pressing, does it really work that both people can use this benefit?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Yes Laundry is for the cabin, as well as the high tea they send a feast

I found the "Indulgences" list for 2015 and for the Suite Amenities package, it's written as if the package is only available for Suites. But, from reading the posts here, it sounds like it's available for all rooms. Can someone clarify?

http://www.hollandamerica.com/assets/cruise-vacation-onboard/Onboard_Gifts.pdf

Suite Amenities Package (for all Suites, excluding Neptune Suites) — prices starting at $289.00 includes complimentary laundry and pressing; Holland America bathrobe with monogram of choice; in-stateroom High Tea or daily canapés; fresh flowers; special VIP debarkation procedures; special VIP debarkation lounge; Pillows a la Carte Menu; initial stateroom beverage setup; $50 Beverage Card; Pinnacle Grill dinner

I found the "Indulgences" list for 2015 and for the Suite Amenities package, it's written as if the package is only available for Suites. But, from reading the posts here, it sounds like it's available for all rooms. Can someone clarify?

Suite Amenities Package (for all Suites, excluding Neptune Suites) — prices starting at $289.00 includes compligmentary laundry and pressing; Holland America bathrobe with monogram of choice; in-stateroom High Tea or daily canapés; fresh flowers; special VIP debarkation procedures; special VIP debarkation lounge; Pillows a la Carte Menu; initial stateroom beverage setup; $50 Beverage Card; Pinnacle Grill dinner

I think you might have to call Ship Services for the clarification. That could be a change since I booked it as my experience is a few years old.

Edited by Alberta Quilter

Suite Amenities Package (for all Suites, excluding Neptune Suites) — prices starting at $289.00 includes complimentary laundry and pressing; Holland America bathrobe with monogram of choice; in-stateroom High Tea or daily canapés; fresh flowers; special VIP debarkation procedures; special VIP debarkation lounge; Pillows a la Carte Menu; initial stateroom beverage setup; $50 Beverage Card; Pinnacle Grill dinner

We were on the Westerdam last november . We had a verandah cabin. We ordered the Suite amenities package and a comfirmation folder with all the details was in our cabin as we boarded. Luckily I validated the info about booking here on cc. The first time had I chatted with Holland to clarify if we could indeed get the package, the rep wrote back NO it is not available to passengers sailing in a verandah cabin and even went as far as writing " this is why it is called a Suite package". I did think at the time that the irony was a litle rude. I did not bring it up with Holland, but I do find it funny now to know he was wrong.

Edited by Sailingpeace

Our friends were in a verandah cabin and purchased the Suite Amenities package (as they usually do). Since they have received many bathrobes, we were the recipients of the two monogrammed robes.

Our friends were in a verandah cabin and purchased the Suite Amenities package (as they usually do). Since they have received many bathrobes, we were the recipients of the two monogrammed robes.

Peter, seems odd to me that you would want to wear a robe with someone else's name on them!? :eek:

Peter, seems odd to me that you would want to wear a robe with someone else's name on them!? :eek:

They got to specify what gets embroidered so it has our initials. ;)

They have gifted a number of robes to friends and family through the years.

Edited by Boytjie

We were on the Westerdam last november . We had a verandah cabin. We ordered the Suite amenities package and a comfirmation folder with all the details was in our cabin as we boarded. Luckily I validated the info about booking here on cc. The first time had I chatted with Holland to clarify if we could indeed get the package, the rep wrote back NO it is not available to passengers sailing in a verandah cabin and even went as far as writing " this is why it is called a Suite package". I did think at the time that the irony was a litle rude. I did not bring it up with Holland, but I do find it funny now to know he was wrong.

Did you call to get it added, or were you able to select it from your indulgences list? Did you buy it for both people in your cabin, or just 1? The email back from HAL you received sounds a bit snarky. I would have brought it up to HAL management.

That's really nice of them! We are also staying in a Verandah cabin.

Another poster said that they have an email stating its only for suites, but they were able to book it.

We bought the suite amenities package on a Superior Balcony for the cruise we had to cancel last November. Then we cancelled the suite amenities package when we upgraded to the Signature Suite. Prompt refund.

We got off the Serenade of the Seas w/ Bronchitis, and decided to cancel the cruise we'd booked for the next day. Definitely, not a way to end a vacation, but that's what insurance is for.

Basically the additional cost of the signature suite and the suite amenities package cancelled each other.

Edited by knittinggirl

Alcohol as follows:

No refunds and no swapping, unless what's already designated.

Scotch/Whiskey

Comments

Seagrams 7

Seagrams VO

Cutty Sark

Canadian Club

Jim Beam

Johnnie Walker Red

J&B Rare

Ballentine's

Crown Royal

2 for 1

Jameson Irish

2 for 1

Dewars

2 for 1

Jack Daniels

2 for 1

Chivas Regal 12 yrs

2 for 1

Johnnie Walker Black

2 for 1

Cognac

Hennessy VS

4 for 1

Remy Martin VSOP

4 for 1

Gin

Beefeater

Tanqueray

Bombay Sapphire

2 for 1

Liqueurs

Southern Comfort

Kahlua

Bailey's Irish Cream

Tia Maria

2 for 1

Amaretto

2 for 1

Cointreau

2 for 1

Drambuie

2 for 1

Grand Marnier

2 for 1

Vodka

Smirnoff

Skyy Vodka

Finlandia

Stolichnaya

Absolut

Absolut Citron

Tanqueray Sterling

Grey Goose

2 for 1

Chopin

2 for 1

Belvedere

2 for 1

Rum

Myers

Bacardi Gold

Bacardi White

Sherry

Sherry Harvey's Medium

2 for 1

Tio Pepe

2 for 1

Tequila

Jose Cuervo Gold

Wine Selection from the Naviator's Choice

MONDAVI PRIV.SEL.JOHANNISBERG RIESLING

TOASTED HEAD CHARDONNAY

CALITERRA CHARDONNAY

DANZANTE PINOT GRIGIO

NOBILO SAUVIGNON BLANC, CA

HOUGE GEWURZTRAMINER

THREE BLIND MOOSE CABERNET SAUVIGNON

LABOURE ROI, PINOT NOIR,FRANCE

VERAMONTE MERLOT,CHILE

RAVENSWOOD ZINFANDEL, CA

REMOLE I FRESCOBALDI, ITALY

ALICE WHITE SHIRAZ

2 in 1 means:

If you would like to have a Crown Royal, you would need to give 2 bottles

of the standard set-up of beverages available, which are these without a comment.

In the case, a Remy Martin could be given instead of all 4 bottles.

Mar 21 (7 days ago)cleardot.gif

Edited by knittinggirl

Another poster said that they have an email stating its only for suites, but they were able to book it.

The 'Suite Amenities Package' is not for suites, as the suites already come with a variety of amenities.

It is for cabins that are not suites, so they can purchase the amenities separately to have in their lesser cabin.

I was able to get the suite amenities for my Vista Suite. For Neptune suite, it's a different package that takes into account all the fantastic Neptune items.

But if you're in a VS, be sure to get the right package. Ship services tried to get me the price for the Neptune Suite Amenities Package.

The 'Suite Amenities Package' is not for suites, as the suites already come with a variety of amenities.

It is for cabins that are not suites, so they can purchase the amenities separately to have in their lesser cabin.

It looks like the terminology is from a long time ago when they called all the cabins "suites". It is for all staterooms that are below the Neptune Suites level. So it is also for signature suites. We booked it when we were in an inside stateroom and enjoyed it.

That's really nice of them! We are also staying in a Verandah cabin.

You get a form and you can specify the initials and the font (at least you could last year) for your robes. I ordered a standalone robe for my lovely, beautiful, and talented wife on a cruise in 2014. In our room, we were given a card asking the monogram specs. The monogrammed robe was delivered, wrapped for travel, a few days into the voyage. We had the use of what were basically the same robes - sans monogram - for the cruise.

I only wish that you could order the old, waffle style robes that used to be in the A cabins, circa 1995-2002. They were better for summer in Florida than the terrycloth ones.

Received an email that Suite Amenities Package for 2 guests is $515.00 USD based on the length of our cruise (12 days). I specifically asked for the price for 1 person. I'm going to assume the price, split in half. But, but I have emailed back to check what the individual pricing is.

He also sent me a PDF of what it includes. I couldn't figure out how to attach a PDF on the app, but here's a photo of the page.

e7c7b4b16533df9699f98e88a59e281d.jpg

I don't believe this statement is accurate.

The Neptune Suite has a different package, see below, and the Superior Suite doesn't have the amenities listed in the package, such as laundry and beverages. So for some folks, it would make sense to purchase if in a Signature Suite.

Since the Neptune Suite already has some of the things offered in the Amenities package, they have their own specific one:

Suite Elite Package (for Neptune Suites only) — includes access to

Hydro Pool◆ and Thermal Suite; initial suite beverage setup; $50 Beverage Card; Pinnacle Grill dinner; Culinary Arts Center class; premium winetasting; Internet Card for 100 minutes; daily turndown truffles; deluxe flower arrangement.