TSA Pre-check!

bigsky

TSA Pre✓ is helpful getting through quicker sometimes. It is not a guaranty that you and/or your husband will get through quicker every time. Or one of you may get through on Pre and the other stopped for additional screening.

I expect security has been ramped up in most places.

If you are enrolled, and you have it noted on your boarding pass, and fly from an airport with an active pre-check line --- why would you not be allowed to use it?

As we were told during our Global Entry interviews, sometimes 'trusted travelers' are randomly selected for the regular screening. One time even though we both had the TSA PreCheck noted on our boarding passes, the TSA agent checking them and our IDs directed DH to the regular line as he had been randomly selected.

• 2 months later...
My husband and I have an appointment on the 1st to finish the process (fingerprinting and payment of fees) for the TSA PreCheck (KTN). Not sure if I want to go with the Global entry. While we will be coming into the US from Vancouver on our return from our Alaska cruise, not sure if we need to have this for any other reason. We have no other trips planned right now that takes us outside of the US. I'll bring it up to my husband and see what he thinks.

FYI - I could not find any information on the timing on the TSA Pre-Check FAQ Site. Can someone let me know does it take 4/6/8 + or how many weeks after submitting everything to get the KTN?

Thanks.

I had my precheck number in 2 days! DH still doesn't have his! We applied together on May 4th I think that was the day before they were showing those long lines in Chicago. We waited the four weeks to call to ask why he didn't have his. They told him they would expedite it. I called again today, spoke with a different agent and was told to call back in late July.

His is taking longer because his prints were not clear and they have to do a complete background check. I was told that takes 10 weeks. We had our prints done at a place that was not at an airport.

Hope he gets it before our early Aug cruise tonAlaska.

We just had the best experience with TSA precheck! First time since receiving our numbers and it was EZ Peezy! Blew by at least 100 people waiting in the regular TSA line, stood idle for about 15 seconds before being called up and through scanners in less than a minute. Worth the $$$ for us! Hopefully, we will continue to have a good experience and expedite our wait times.

My wife and I applied for Pre-check on-line Sunday afternoon. Our appointments were at 5pm yesterday which took a total of 10 minutes. Our approval emails with directing us to look up our KTNs this morning--10 hours after we completed our applications!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

• 4 weeks later...

Well, TSA re-located the Pre Check to the Marriott at Newark Airport.

I had an appointment i made inline. Got there early This past Friday afternoon. No lines! I went through the process in under 5 minutes. It took me longer than that to walk to my car, pay parking and get off airport property.

Now i have to wait for an email which is the next step in the process

Don't be so quick to think this will apply. It's for those with Centurion cards, for Platinum CHARGE cards (not credit cards - there is a difference) and those with Corporate Gold CHARGE cards (again, not credit cards).

If you only have the green charge cards or any of the credit cards, you don't get this benefit. Also, for a gold charge card, it doesn't apply to individual accounts or small business cards - just corporate issued gold charge cards.

Don't be so quick to think this will apply. It's for those with Centurion cards, for Platinum CHARGE cards (not credit cards - there is a difference) and those with Corporate Gold CHARGE cards (again, not credit cards).

If you only have the green charge cards or any of the credit cards, you don't get this benefit. Also, for a gold charge card, it doesn't apply to individual accounts or small business cards - just corporate issued gold charge cards.

I did not realize for the green card since that does not apply to me.

Still, a nice perk for us that can get it. :D

Where do you enter your KTN on RCL site? Thanks

We're booked on Princess this time. We'll be flying on AA. I went to their site and added our numbers to our reservations.

I wouldn't wait for an email from them - it's easy to check online yourself to see if your KTN has been assigned.

We're booked on Princess this time. We'll be flying on AA. I went to their site and added our numbers to our reservations.

I wouldn't wait for an email from them - it's easy to check online yourself to see if your KTN has been assigned.

Thanks! I figured since i was there at 4PM on a Friday I would find out next week. Did as you said and found my KTN has been assigned.

Note on TSA web site when i checked said

"TSA mailed you a letter with information regarding your eligibility determination. If you do not receive this letter within 10 days of receiving this status, please contact the UES Call Center at 1-855-DHS-UES1."

When do you get your TSA card? I have a flight coming up soon and to skip the long lines is nice!

Edited by FireStation46

I have a strange question about the pre check my hubby had a accident in which some of his fingers were cut off down to the knuckles so no prints to take. Will this stop him from getting a KTN. I did called the TSA customer service and no one there knew the answer.

Pam

I did called the TSA customer service and no one there knew the answer.Pam

I don't think customers service would know, Standard is if any part of the first joint is present it must be printed. Each missing digit is noted when doing a 10 digit fingerprint then the four fingers minus thumb can also be printed for identification noting again any missing digit.

Well this is for ID don't know what the TSA standard is. You should not be discriminated for missing digits.

If it was me I would still go and see what the technician/interviewer says. At my job you we have people with missing digits and we still submit their prints for DOJ background check.

Again, can't speak for TSA or any government agency.

FWIW

Edited by Brighton Line

Thanks! I figured since i was there at 4PM on a Friday I would find out next week. Did as you said and found my KTN has been assigned.

Note on TSA web site when i checked said

"TSA mailed you a letter with information regarding your eligibility determination. If you do not receive this letter within 10 days of receiving this status, please contact the UES Call Center at 1-855-DHS-UES1."

When do you get your TSA card? I have a flight coming up soon and to skip the long lines is nice!

There is no card. Just the KTN number. Just make sure your KTN is part of your resv. then the words "Pre Check" will be on your boarding pass. That is all you need to use the Pre Check line.

Reimbursement for Global Entry/PreCheck is a common perk of the more expensive credit cards - Citi's Executive Master Card (AA affinity card) also offers it. I'm sure there are more.:)

Where do you enter your KTN on RCL site? Thanks

You don't - so far I think that only the airlines use it to pre-screen travellers. If you are disembarking in Port Everglades, you will need to show your Global Entry card to access the GE line at immigration.

You don't - so far I think that only the airlines use it to pre-screen travellers. If you are disembarking in Port Everglades, you will need to show your Global Entry card to access the GE line at immigration.
Which means that Pre-Check gets you nothing at immigration lines, only airport security within the USA and only with airlines that participate in Pre-Check data transfers.

I don't think customers service would know, Standard is if any part of the first joint is present it must be printed. Each missing digit is noted when doing a 10 digit fingerprint then the four fingers minus thumb can also be printed for identification noting again any missing digit.

Well this is for ID don't know what the TSA standard is. You should not be discriminated for missing digits.

If it was me I would still go and see what the technician/interviewer says. At my job you we have people with missing digits and we still submit their prints for DOJ background check.

Again, can't speak for TSA or any government agency.

FWIW

Thanks we have appointment Aug 3 so we will find out then

A follow up we stopped in the TSA pre check place to see if we could get it done earlier lucky for us some people did not show up that was a Tuesday I got my number Thursday, I checked for DH not there the lady said will take longer due to his missing fingers although we had a passport so that might help things along. She said it could take up to 10 weeks

Pam

Edited by pamkev

• 2 weeks later...

I just had my fingerprints done today. How/where do you check online to see if the KTN has been assigned?