VOOM is now available on Freedom

E23NK1

Friends on board Freedom now say that Voom is not up and running yet. Carlington Berry the Concierge told them they are still working on it and probably will be up in May.

Hmm, they offered Voom for my sailing (4/24/2016) so I purchased it (BOGO). Hopefully, it will be Voom and not the slow Internet connection.

I'm one of the few who will miss being disconnected on the ship... or maybe people from work won't find out.

I love being disconnected when on the ship, but since we're leaving the kids with my grandma, it's the most affordable way to keep in touch.

I was just on phone with a Royal rep about another issue and she advised me the pricing is would be 1 device $15/day with the second device being $7.50/day. When asked why it was not showing up on cruise planner She stated it would not until May for my December cruise.

I was just on phone with a Royal rep about another issue and she advised me the pricing is would be 1 device $15/day with the second device being $7.50/day. When asked why it was not showing up on cruise planner She stated it would not until May for my December cruise.

When is your sailing? We're on the May 8th and it just showed up in my cruise planner plain as day this past weekend. Others were talking about here on CC but it wasn't showing until then. It's buy one get a second device free. The other choice was buy two and get four.

I have the BOGO for a cruise on the Freedom that departs this Sunday (4/3). It was listed as "VOOM", so I'm hoping that everything is up and running.

Please let us know, as this would be the first report of Voom on Freedom from someone onboard.

Mine says BOGO now for May 22 sailing but price is $20 not $15

59ee014a-9a5e-43e8-838f-dd954d8afd21_zpsmftnuxz2.jpg

If you're not seeing this in your cruise planner then I'd wait to see if it appears. Like I said earlier, I'm on the May 8th and it didn't show up until last weekend.

Sadly American companies think that is acceptable. I once interviewed with one big Corp. Half way through the interview I got up and told them to go employ a monkey from the zoo as I wanted a job and not a prison sentence. Stress is a killer and holidays are your time. Not theirs... Don't accept it and they will learn. I guess I'm lucky that I'm more valuable to them than they are to me. But I have never even opened work email on holiday in 15 years.

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

Or maybe you're just easier to live without for a week or 2 than some of us are. Food for thought....

Although I do feel if a company insists on someone being available on vacation they should pay for the Internet bill.

59ee014a-9a5e-43e8-838f-dd954d8afd21_zpsmftnuxz2.jpg

If you're not seeing this in your cruise planner then I'd wait to see if it appears. Like I said earlier, I'm on the May 8th and it didn't show up until last weekend.

That is exactly what I saw, and what I booked for my cruise this weekend. Hoping they aren't having connectivity issues, but I'll have to wait and see. The offering was specific to Voom (identical to the offering you saw), so I'm cautiously optimistic.

Although I do feel if a company insists on someone being available on vacation they should pay for the Internet bill.

Hubby's company started backing off from "we need you to be in contact" when he told them the total. So he's just billing them for the days he was actually needed (like when his boss was trying to find something and only he knew where the items were).

I'm sure that this has been covered, but if someone could clarify it for me I would be grateful. I see that the BOGO is for 2 devices. Is that for 2 devices at one time or for only using on 2 specific devices? Basically, can we switch between my phone, DH's phone, and DS's Kindle or do we have to only choose two to authorize?

I'm sure that this has been covered, but if someone could clarify it for me I would be grateful. I see that the BOGO is for 2 devices. Is that for 2 devices at one time or for only using on 2 specific devices? Basically, can we switch between my phone, DH's phone, and DS's Kindle or do we have to only choose two to authorize?

Two devices at the same time, any number of different devices.

We're on FOS right now. They tell us that we have VOOM.

Try doing something that requires streaming video, such as Facetime. That would tell you for sure if you have Voom.

Try doing something that requires streaming video, such as Facetime. That would tell you for sure if you have Voom.

Yes, please let us know if it's really working :) I hope so, I'm on soon and thanks to seeing the post here pre-purchased for the 50% discount.

thank you!!!