What is the thing you wish you didn't forget to bring

Laurba99

On my Panama Canal cruise a few years ago, I forgot the power cord to my laptop. I had the laptop, but no power. Guess it could have been worse, brought the power cord but no laptop.😁

On my Panama Canal cruise a few years ago, I forgot the power cord to my laptop. I had the laptop, but no power. Guess it could have been worse, brought the power cord but no laptop.[emoji16]

True! Ok no computers for us but am packing iPad and cord!

Several years ago, I forgot to pack a dress shirt to wear with my suit for formal night. Ever since then, I've made it a point to group related items together before packing. Dress shirt and tie with suit. Electronic items with chargers. Swimming trunks with sunblock and sandals. Etc., etc. It keeps me from forgetting something, and it helps reduce over-packing.

In 2006 for our 10 year anniversary we had booked a cruise without kids. We bought an iPod and a speaker to take with us to play music while enjoying our balcony room. When we got to Atlanta two days before our cruise (to drop kids at grandparents) we realized the iPod was missing. One of our kids (4yr old) confessed to putting it behind our bedroom door at home. We were able to get our house sitter to overnight it to our hotel in Miami! Looking back it seems kind of stupid but we were so looking forward to having music in our room [emoji4].

So to help you for packing? Bring whatever that thing is that will make you happy! Have a great trip. We leave next Saturday (for our 20 year annv trip) and I can't wait!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Socks for DH ... Found some in a port but so expensive!

Hair volumising spray ... Bought it on the ship - $20!

Now I plan to go over to the drugstore once were in the embarkation city & I load up on all kinds of things (liquids, sunscreen, gum, snacks, magazines). All the heavy stuff.

I try to take over the counter medicine to address most common illnesses and injuries. Twice I have forgotten decongestants or nasal spray. One time I had to buy medicine in a Puerto Rican pharmacy and for the other time I was able to purchase nasal spray at the infirmary without seeing the doctor.

You are already there - but maybe others will see this for the future:

I bring small amounts of medication: Immodium, GasX, Sudafed etc. just in case!

I really liked the magnetic clips for the walls last time - perfect for the daily compass. And a highlighter!

Lotion. I can't stand it if I forget lotion, especially after all the time in the sun.

Have a great time!

While on an excursion in Punta Arenas Costa Rica I came down with a terrific cold; got rained on then rode on an air conditioned bus. I hadn't brought along NyQuil or DayQuil so I had to go to the gift shop onboard the ship. For about the same price of an entire box at home, I got 4 caplets!, which lasted me a day, two doses. Guess I could have gone to the med center for something stronger, but just didn't think of it at te time. Didn't think of it as an "emergency". I've learned my lesson and remember to pack that since.

Edited by Treven

I have never forgotten anything , I tend to overpack. But I must have vapo rub every night so I cannot forget that. It's little things like safety pins or aspirin that sneak up on you. Of course I have learned that overpacking is no fun either. One thing I am glad I prepared for is giant ziplock bags for electronics and umbrellas for the huge rainstorm we always get when returning from the beach.

We don't mind getting wet but we don't want our cameras and iPods damaged by rain. Those are essentials for our beach days. They have been very useful many days.