Liberty chops breakfast

It's pretty much eggs anyway you want, hash browns, the usual breakfast meats,breads, juices, cereal, waffles, (they are small) a small buffet with fruits, cheese, museli, yogurt and milk. I assume you are aware that this is for gold card holders only.

Edited by 39august

On the current sailing in Liberty, they are offering breakfast for $15 and I think it includes a mimosa. You can also get Steak and Eggs, Eggs Benedict Florentine, our favorite, Blueberry Pancakes.

Edited by ARCruisinNana

On the current sailing in Liberty, they are offering breakfast for $15 and I think it includes a mimosa. You can also get Steak and Eggs, Eggs Benedict Florentine, our favorite, Blueberry Pancakes.

This is for all guests, right? Not just suite guests.

We did it once on Liberty of 2/28/16 sailing. We thought it wasn't good at all so never did it again. We enjoyed the MDR for breakfast every day after. If you want order a Mimosa from a bar and take with you to MDR breakfast, it would be cheaper. By the way we were not suite guests, everyone was allowed if they paid the 15.00. We were quite disappointed.

Edited by sugcarol

I do NOT like the sound of this at all. One of our favorite perks is breakfast in a specialty restaurant. Now our nice, quiet, uncrowded breakfast will probably be crowded and noisy.I swear LB does all it can possibly do to down grade the Pinnacle experience, as you know Carolyn.

I do NOT like the sound of this at all. One of our favorite perks is breakfast in a specialty restaurant. Now our nice, quiet, uncrowded breakfast will probably be crowded and noisy.I swear LB does all it can possibly do to down grade the Pinnacle experience, as you know Carolyn.

Not just LB. Vision had a $10 steak & eggs breakfast for all guests on the most recent fall transatlantic in Giovanni's, same place as the gold card breakfast. Didn't see that on our subsequent two cruises on Vision.

I disagree with this new option. With have never been in a suite, but feel they should leave the perks in place. What next? $15 for anyone to have access to the Suite lounge? All about the $. :(

That's what I thought, but I haven't noticed many taking that option. We have been to Chops every morning and today is the first I've seen people ( and it was just one couple) come in and pay. It has been quiet in the mornings.

An excursion to tour Allure the day we were in Falmouth together was offered for $30. LB is finding creative ways to make money.

This is for all guests, right? Not just suite guests.

non suite or Pinnacles will be charged. but we NEVER saw anyone take advantage of that, and in fact the sign stating Gold Sea Pass only was prominently placed in the entryway. despite that being offered in every compass. whether or not a non gold card holder tried and was turned away, I cannot tell you( although when NAV was in Galveston they absolutely were)

that being said on our cruise it was full and noisy just with those of us with gold cards. there were MANY b2b and b2b2b so a large crowd together every day.

we enjoyed the menu, it was small but versatile and the chef was very willing to get creative with Mr Spooks omelets and my Benedicts

The Liberty paid breakfast option was an excellent option for me on the November sailing from Bayonne to Galveston.

I am not a fan of buffets and as a solo traveler do not enjoy how the MDR staff continually try to force me into an extended breakfast setting where I have to wait for everyone else for their extended orders to be served or am basically ignored if I am 'allowed' to be seated solo.

While I was only charged $10 daily, I did leave a $5 gratuity daily as the service was exceptional. The Chop's manager and the wait staff really went all out for me.

I especially enjoyed being invited to be a guest at the Portofino's Brunch that included a galley tour. I hope they have continued that with the addition of Giovanni's Table.

I had the pleasure of meeting several wonderful fellow passengers at the tables adjoining mine and was able to happy to again meet some of them when they were 'slumming it' down in the Diamond Event as they had taken over the entire Viking Crown , including 'our' Diamond Lounge for the Concierge and Suite lounge.

That's what I thought, but I haven't noticed many taking that option. We have been to Chops every morning and today is the first I've seen people ( and it was just one couple) come in and pay. It has been quiet in the mornings.

An excursion to tour Allure the day we were in Falmouth together was offered for $30. LB is finding creative ways to make money.

Hi Carolyn,

Hope all is well with you. We met on the 11/13 big Pinnacle induction trip. Things are so much different than NV I can't believe it. But yes, overall, I think P's are not happy with the ship, but I think the downsizing of everything has become fleet wide. Amazing that they would offer the tour of AL for $30, but it does make good marketing sense. We'll be on her for two weeks 4/24 and 5/1, we'll get to see Craig Reynolds, our old Rev Mgr on NV, looking forward to seeing him.

And there was never a problem getting a seat for breakfast.

Happy Easter, hope you had a good spring break with all your family.

Susan (Suz)

We were on LOS sailing 3-13-16. Thought we would try this breakfast in Roatan. Similar food as MDR. The omelets were the same ( didn't see steak/ eggs or any waffles) except some were just in a fancier presentation. There was a shrimp coctail with two large shrimp. The price includes a mimosa or fresh squeezed orange juice. We had a pretty view of Roatan while we ate, but service was not as good as in MDR. There were only two other tables besides us and our dishes weren't removed as we finished like in the MDR. They just left them on our table. Disappointing... Just get a mimosa or fresh oj and eat breakfast in MDR.

Edited by surf cruiser
Typo

When you say Gold only' date=' I assume that means Gold and above. We are diamond and have never eaten in Chops for breakfast. Didn't even know that was an option.[/quote']

"Gold card holders" only. Which is GS and above and Pinnacle. Basically it's a suite perk.

"Gold card holders" only. Which is GS and above and Pinnacle. Basically it's a suite perk.

So, a suite perk. But not a C&A perk? That's what confused me, since after one cruise you can come Gold C&A member. We're not staying in a suite this time, but we are Diamond C&A members. Does that mean we can't eat in Chops for free, but it's $15? Oh well, we'll stick to the MDR or Windjammer.

We were on LOS sailing 3-13-16. Thought we would try this breakfast in Roatan. Similar food as MDR. The omelets were the same ( didn't see steak/ eggs or any waffles) except some were just in a fancier presentation. There was a shrimp coctail with two large shrimp. The price includes a mimosa or fresh squeezed orange juice. We had a pretty view of Roatan while we ate, but service was not as good as in MDR. There were only two other tables besides us and our dishes weren't removed as we finished like in the MDR. They just left them on our table. Disappointing... Just get a mimosa or fresh oj and eat breakfast in MDR.

We were on the same sailing and are suite guests, we ate there on the Belize day. We didn't get a mimosa, but some of our family got fresh squeezed juice. There was steak and eggs....most of our party got pancakes and I got the eggs Benedict which was good. Never ate in the MDR so I can't compare. Service was good and friendly.

So' date=' a suite perk. But not a C&A perk? That's what confused me, since after one cruise you can come Gold C&A member. We're not staying in a suite this time, but we are Diamond C&A members. Does that mean we can't eat in Chops for free, but it's $15? Oh well, we'll stick to the MDR or Windjammer.

It's also a C&A perk for the highest level C&A members (Pinnacle) who get a gold colored SeaPass card no matter what category of stateroom they book.

So' date=' a suite perk. But not a C&A perk? That's what confused me, since after one cruise you can come Gold C&A member. We're not staying in a suite this time, but we are Diamond C&A members. Does that mean we can't eat in Chops for free, but it's $15? Oh well, we'll stick to the MDR or Windjammer.[/quote']

Yes this is a gold card only, unless you pay extra. Not for Diamond or Diamond plus. Gold card is not the same as Gold status for RCCL C&A

Hi Carolyn,

Hope all is well with you. We met on the 11/13 big Pinnacle induction trip. Things are so much different than NV I can't believe it. But yes, overall, I think P's are not happy with the ship, but I think the downsizing of everything has become fleet wide. Amazing that they would offer the tour of AL for $30, but it does make good marketing sense. We'll be on her for two weeks 4/24 and 5/1, we'll get to see Craig Reynolds, our old Rev Mgr on NV, looking forward to seeing him.

And there was never a problem getting a seat for breakfast.

Happy Easter, hope you had a good spring break with all your family.

Susan (Suz)

Hi, Susan

The cruise was good. The grand kids really enjoyed the water slides and Splash Away Bay.

Nothing much has changed for PC. There wasn't a Suite Luncheon for us not to get invited to😉. Only Gold card event was the Cocktail Party on night 2. Breakfast in Chops was great. Nicer menu than in Nov.

I think LB is ahead of its time with the PC treatment. Strictly By the Book. I was on Enchantment last month and it was soooo nice. Small ships do it much better.

I looked to see if I had a card from you, but I guess I don't. Hope to sail with you again sometime. I had a B2B on LB for September, but changed to Allure.

Carolyn

Sent from my iPhone using Forums