Lost Camera one the GRAND 3/26

masterty

My luggage is frequently "temporarily lost". Using regional jets, if the plane is too heavy, the luggage goes on the next flight or the next days flight. Though each time I have to file a report.

Once, I had pictures of my luggage (an odd shade of red, almost burgundy). They could careless about seeing pictures. They wanted to know size, upright/duffel/horizontal and color. For color - burgundy was not a choice, just red. I had blue pompoms on it - they could care less about that.

It was reported as a 26" red upright suitcase.

yes- there is a program that the airlines and cruises all use to search for luggage- it uses codes for types of bags and colors- pictures are really only good to remind you what you have- you'd be surprised how many passengers struggle to describe their luggage. Another tip to help you be reunited with your luggage is to remember three unique items in your suitcase- it is a standard question asked (helps if you pack those things near the top) Examples would be a tshirt with words or a logo or something with a memorable print on it.

Another tip to help you be reunited with your luggage is to remember three unique items in your suitcase- it is a standard question asked (helps if you pack those things near the top) Examples would be a tshirt with words or a logo or something with a memorable print on it.

I have sometimes been asked "is there anything unique in your suitcase?" So that is true!

Mastery - did you find out more about your camera? Hope so!

A passenger currently on the Grand checked a second time at the pursers desk. They claim they are no longer in possession of the items or the log of items offloaded. I have called princess and submitted their lost and found claim form but every conversation I have had has left me feeling as no one cares to be bothered. They have a procedure and any other form of sleuthing is dismissed. Both reps at Princess I spoke to told me no one would contact our Crown Grill waiter to ask what he did with the camera he took possession of. And my on board ally gets no where with the pursers desk. No copy of last weeks offload exists currently on the Grand. Now! This is all the truth or all the path of least liability on their part.

My fingers remain crossed.

Have the passenger on board go directly to Crown grill.

He should leave his name, cabin number and request. Staff will most likely talk amongst themselves and determine who the one is that made the contact.

I hope you get your camera, and most importantly your memory card back.

I want to echo what others have said about being super paranoid about losing pictures. I travel with a card wallet full of memory cards and use a new one each day. When I get back to my cabin in the evening, I download the pictures onto a tablet or laptop, then back those up onto external storage. Once that's done I place the card upside down in the card wallet and start fresh the following day.

The advantage of doing that is not only can I feel confident I have my pictures saved, but as I have time I can begin to go through and sort the keepers from the clunkers. I get rid of anything that's an obvious "oops" and sometimes do some light editing. That gets me a head start on working with the pictures when I get home.

A passenger currently on the Grand checked a second time at the pursers desk. They claim they are no longer in possession of the items or the log of items offloaded. I have called princess and submitted their lost and found claim form but every conversation I have had has left me feeling as no one cares to be bothered. They have a procedure and any other form of sleuthing is dismissed. Both reps at Princess I spoke to told me no one would contact our Crown Grill waiter to ask what he did with the camera he took possession of. And my on board ally gets no where with the pursers desk. No copy of last weeks offload exists currently on the Grand. Now! This is all the truth or all the path of least liability on their part.

My fingers remain crossed.

I suggest you request the guest helping you now on board to seek the assistance of the Bar or Restaurant Manager. The Crown Grill waitstaff is under the direct supervision of either.

The Manager many not be aware of what happened in his area of responsibility. Informing him that your brother even received a call in his cabin from his own staff at Crown Grill who found your camera may cause him to take action.

The least help they can give is to provide the list of personnel assigned during your voyage, and the current one, in case the person who found it was rotated to another outlet.

This list can be included in your narrative when you file a formal request/complaint to Princess head office.

As you say, fingers crossed.

I discovered yesterday that a member of the Crown Grill called my brothers room stating they had my camera. I didn't get notified about this call until 24 hours after the ship left on its next voyage. ...................

Fingers crossed that you get the camera as well as the memory card back. I know all too well how discouraging it is to lose important pictures (and the memories that are on them). Although, I am a little confused. How is it that the Crown Grill called your brother's cabin and your brother didn't bother to mention it to you while you were on the ship? Just curious about that part.......:confused:

Edited by ar1950

Did you trying calling Princess Cruises /Customer Relations 877-888-1869.

This girl helped me with my problem. Cathy ext. 44853 or Tracy ext. 44411.

Good Luck,

Tony

The Princess lost & found request form in post #5 had direct contact info to them.

EMAIL: lostandfound@princesscruises.com

TEL: (800) 243-7342 x22019

FAX: (661) 753-0165

Although, I am a little confused. How is it that the Crown Grill called your brother's cabin and your brother didn't bother to mention it to you while you were on the ship? Just curious about that part.......:confused:

My brother was with us at dinner in the Crown. The call was made to my brothers room after we completed dinner. A junior family members who was baby sitting took the call. It wasn't until I was home and notified my parents about the loss, that the word got back to the babysitter (young family member) who replied. "Oh yea....a guy from the Crown called and has your camera......"

I hope that clears it up for you.