Diet tonic or diet cranberry

lbfluffy

Does Princess bars have diet cranberry or diet tonic? I like cranberry vodka, but I prefer to not overdo it with the sugar. I've lost almost 90 pounds, mostly by reducing the sugars, but I plan on enjoying my cruise, but would like to cut back where I can. I'm sure I'll have a gain on this cruise, it's a ten day Alaska cruise. Just not wanting to overdo it.

Does Princess bars have diet cranberry or diet tonic? I like cranberry vodka, but I prefer to not overdo it with the sugar. I've lost almost 90 pounds, mostly by reducing the sugars, but I plan on enjoying my cruise, but would like to cut back where I can. I'm sure I'll have a gain on this cruise, it's a ten day Alaska cruise. Just not wanting to overdo it.

No, but you can bring your own.

I drink Diet tonic as a mixer as I am diabetic but it is not generally stocked on the ships. I was told that I would need to request it on the Personaliser as a dietary requirement and did this on my last 2 cruises. I then had to contact Passsenger Services on board to get it brought to our stateroom. The only problem is having to estimate how many bottles you will need and carrying it with you when leaving the stateroom. The first time they did leave it at Crooners as that was the bar we tended to use but we had no set bar last time. The charge is $2.00 + 15% for each bottle. Not sure how this will work if you have the AIBP as I believe you can only order one drink at a time. Maybe someone else will have the answer to that.

Sprite Zero and Diet Coke are available by the can; Diet Coke available from the bar via gun (and can if you prefer.) No diet cranberry juice.

You could always order a cocktail with Sprite Zero and a splash of cranberry. That would keep the calories down as well.

You could always order a cocktail with Sprite Zero and a splash of cranberry. That would keep the calories down as well.

I like that idea. Do they have Sprite Zero? I read somewhere dry wine has less sugar, but I don't like dry wine, but with Sprite Zero it would be like a wine cooler. I could handle that

I like that idea. Do they have Sprite Zero? I read somewhere dry wine has less sugar, but I don't like dry wine, but with Sprite Zero it would be like a wine cooler. I could handle that

According to Pam they have it in cans. I would trust her. She is pretty expert in all things Princess!

Princess has Sprite Zero in cans (we just came off a cruise where that was the soft drink I drank).

I doubt you could order a drink with Sprite Zero as a mixer from the bar without paying for the whole can.

Edited by Times Prince

In a cosmo, it is not the cranberry juice I would worry about but all the simple syrup they add. I would definitely request sprit zero instead of the simple syrup and then add the splash of cranberry. Or maybe you could have them add club soda and you can add a packet of sweetener.

Wine and champagne do have less sugar than some of those sweet drinks so that is also a good idea. I do like dry wines and sometimes just have them add a splash of club soda. Yummmmm!!

In a cosmo, it is not the cranberry juice I would worry about but all the simple syrup they add. I would definitely request sprit zero instead of the simple syrup and then add the splash of cranberry. Or maybe you could have them add club soda and you can add a packet of sweetener.

Wine and champagne do have less sugar than some of those sweet drinks so that is also a good idea. I do like dry wines and sometimes just have them add a splash of club soda. Yummmmm!!

Thanks for that suggestion.

If I have the AIBP can I get the can of Sprite Zero?

I was considering that, but I think it will look odd to hand to the bartender my juice to make my cocktail.

Well... We handed the International Cafe barista a cup with my wife's sugar free coffee-flavoring. They made frozen coffee drinks that she could enjoy!

Twice a day, for two weeks. We packed five or six different flavors.

OK to bring such flavorings/ingredients on board in unopened sealed bottles.

I too try to keep my sugars way down especially when drinking. My go to drink is vodka soda (seltzer or club soda). If that it boring try a flavored vodka like orange, raspberry, etc, with the soda. It gives a lot of flavor and no sugar. Use Stoli or Absolut. Some cheaper vodkas that are flavored have sugar in them. And the Sprite zero suggestion is a great idea. I wish I knew I could get it in the past.

All great suggestions. I really love the sweet drinks, but I don't want to go overboard with too much sugar. I'm not diabetic, but lately I've been cutting back on sugar. I love chocolate. I've lost 82 pounds on weight watchers. I want to enjoy myself, but I do not want to come home with a huge gain, but I know I will gain some.

I'll try the flavored vodka and the good kind.

Thanks. You all are very helpful.