Gym questions on the Grandeur

I have been working really hard to improved my physical health. I've lost almost 50 lbs and still have more to go. I lift heavy weights and attend boot camp classes to be successful. I know that there is a gym but am wondering if they have free weights or if it is all machines. Plus has anyone attending their bootcamp classes? What did you think? The last piece to this is that I use a lot of protein powder to maintain appropriate intake. Can I bring that on board? Is there almond milk available on board? Or could I possibly bring sealed containers?

I'm not obsessive, I promise. I just want to maintain my positive habits so I don't struggle getting back on track when it's over. My cruise is 9 days. I do plan on eating whatever I want and just kicking back other than this. :D

Thanks in advance!

I have been working really hard to improved my physical health. I've lost almost 50 lbs and still have more to go. I lift heavy weights and attend boot camp classes to be successful. I know that there is a gym but am wondering if they have free weights or if it is all machines. Plus has anyone attending their bootcamp classes? What did you think? The last piece to this is that I use a lot of protein powder to maintain appropriate intake. Can I bring that on board? Is there almond milk available on board? Or could I possibly bring sealed containers?

I'm not obsessive, I promise. I just want to maintain my positive habits so I don't struggle getting back on track when it's over. My cruise is 9 days. I do plan on eating whatever I want and just kicking back other than this. :D

Thanks in advance!

I've seen free weights on Enchantment, Vision, Rhapsody, and Legend, which are sister ships to Enchantment.

With regard to dietary needs, contact [noparse]special_needs@rccl.com[/noparse]. They can tell you what kind of milk is available onboard, and whether you can bring your own.

Thanks in advance!

I cannot answer your gym question, but I always bring protein powder with me to keep up my dietary needs, I just pack it in individual small bags so I can mix up my shakes in my cabin. I just use water in mine. Without the protein powder I cannot keep my daily protein needs on board.

Keep up the good work!

Good for you!! I can imagine you've worked really hard to lose 50 pounds and I think it's great that you're so dedicated to maintaining the parts of your daily routine that keep you on track. It's easy to lose the motivation when you've slipped for even a week.

I usually use almond milk in my protein shakes too, and i know it's not the same, but since almond milk comes in such a large container, you might consider swapping out to coconut water for the week, because you can buy them in individual cardboard containers that are easier to pack away in pockets and bags and suitcases, and can even be brought with you to the beach for lunch or on excursions for a snack etc. You can buy a pack of individual sized ones at Costco. You can put your protein in a shaker cup and pour in the coconut water and shake it up. Coconut water has good electrolytes and adds a sweetness to your shake that almond milk doesn't. I actually combine the two in my shakes at home.

As others have posted, the gym should be adequate for your needs.

Your dietary supplement should be okay to bring, as long as it is in sealed original packaging and packed in your checked bag. Probably would also be a good idea to call RCI and ask, just to be safe.

Congrats on your progress and good luck with your continuing efforts. :cool:

It is possible to maintain a certain weight on a cruise. Depending on your lifestyle, alcohol calories can be the wild card.

Thanks everyone! I've found that if I maintain my protein intake I am much less likely to go off on a sugar binge. I use the almond milk because I like the texture but I can use a substitute if I have to. I'm going to relax on my calorie intake and not track. About that time I will be due for a "reset" anyway. I have done that in the past with good results. I will email RCCL just to see what their official policy is. Thanks again! [emoji4]

The Fitness Center cannot be gotten to by elevator .You have to get off one deck below and walk up a narrow staircase .If you have a mobility problem you may have a problem with the stairs.

There is an emergency exit to a deck but the door is never open when it is windy outside.