Just on Grand, or on all Princess ships?

cvpends

After 30+ years maintaining vacuum toilet systems, I can say that I don't remember ever seeing a toilet clog caused by "excessive toilet paper", the "wrong" toilet paper, kleenex or seat covers. Generally, any paper product that uses lightweight "pressed" paper fibers will go down the pipes. The problems come with using paper towels and things with "woven" paper fibers.

Or, perhaps feminine products?

Yes to seat covers on the Diamond three weeks ago. They also have the Japanese style toilets in some of the Ladies public restrooms and some cabins (mini suites and above).

We also for the first time got quilted toilet paper (2 ply) which was a surprise as I also thought that it would block the system but there were no issues at all with system blockages during our cruise.

I checked, and it is all 2-ply on Grand now also. This is day 6, and so far not a single blockage on this ship.

I checked, and it is all 2-ply on Grand now also. This is day 6, and so far not a single blockage on this ship.

Is the cruise staff providing these statistics? Or is this a common topic of conversation on Princess ships? Because that would be a unique cruise in my experience.

Just kidding, but my smilies aren't working today.

Princess ought to start using the "automagic" seat covers they had in O'Hare airport when I was there last year. They weren't in all public restrooms but some had seat covers that, when you pushed a button, they "revolved" around the seat to present you with a new surface. It seemed to be some sort of huge, continuous roll of cover that simply swished around from left to right and into the wall (or whatever, I didn't really examine the thing) and you had an entirely new surface.

Perhaps I'm just a "Northern California Rustic" but I had never seen such a thing before.

Is the cruise staff providing these statistics? Or is this a common topic of conversation on Princess ships? Because that would be a unique cruise in my experience.

Just kidding, but my smilies aren't working today.

When you have a bladder size of a walnut (sorry to be so graphic :D :eek: ) you know these things ;)

Princess ought to start using the "automagic" seat covers they had in O'Hare airport when I was there last year. They weren't in all public restrooms but some had seat covers that, when you pushed a button, they "revolved" around the seat to present you with a new surface. It seemed to be some sort of huge, continuous roll of cover that simply swished around from left to right and into the wall (or whatever, I didn't really examine the thing) and you had an entirely new surface.

Perhaps I'm just a "Northern California Rustic" but I had never seen such a thing before.

Agreed -- they should have those everywhere! The only place I ever saw them in Northern California was at the old Paulo's in San Jose. When they moved it to the fancy new site, they went conventional, unfortunately.

Agreed -- they should have those everywhere! The only place I ever saw them in Northern California was at the old Paulo's in San Jose. When they moved it to the fancy new site, they went conventional, unfortunately.

I've never heard tell of such a thing.

I've never heard tell of such a thing.

Travel to Chicago; you will see. The Princess decision makers apparently never fly to that area or I am sure that they would insist on automagic seat covers in every public restroom on every ship. Really nifty!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

9c19a0b778568396cef83b6eaa273400.jpg

Another new thing I noticed on Grand this week were fresh flowers in the public restrooms. I don't think I remember seeing those on Princess ships before. Is this also a fleet wide improvement?

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

I was on the Grand in December. I was shocked to see toilet seat protectors in the ladies room deck 6 forward. Don't know about all of the other rest rooms. Was in the Crown in January. No such modifications. Would love to see all ships with this addition.

I was on the Grand in December. I was shocked to see toilet seat protectors in the ladies room deck 6 forward. Don't know about all of the other rest rooms. Was in the Crown in January. No such modifications. Would love to see all ships with this addition.

Me too! I think that seat protectors and the new beds will be my requirements for all future bookings.