All booked.

daiB

We will be booked tomorrow. was going to wait, but it's a Captains Choice cruise and the price is exceptionally good, even for our single friend and some different ports. So that's us on Oriana again September 2017 and Fred in January. Driving to Lake Garda next year for a land based holiday.

Ooh always fancied Lake Garda Jean. Put off by not liking flying - how long will it take you to drive?

There's some interesting 7 nighters this year that are not the usual route of La Coruna, Bibao etc. An Aurora one has caught our eye end of September - BUT I said I'd try Princess next year and it's a lovely itinerary. I'm just impatient and the price is good on the P&O one to 3 ports we haven't done before and it's on Aurora which I really want to try! Decisions decisions!!

Hi sue, yes, we are only going to do a max of 200 miles per day, leisurely stop for lunch etc. so 3 nights to get there, 5 nights in Garda, and 3 nights back a different route. We've never been and our single friend is coming too. She has been there and loved it.

Just booked this morning on Oriana for September 17, nice ports, Menorca, Monaco, Olbia, El Ferrol etc. Our friend reckons if her twin cabin for sole occupancy is less than £130 per night that's fantastic - and it is quite a bit less than that.

It's interesting that Fred cruises seem to start expensive and then drop months later, but P&Os start prices are very good and then rise. Our cruise this October has a saver fare that is £300 higher than when we booked.

We might also try Voyages of Discovery one year. I like the idea of a really small ship.

That sounds lovely Jean, I have looked at the train to Italy a few times, see the price and think "I might as well go on a cruise!"

Yes P&O are starting with good prices, Princess is twice the price for 7 nights. However I have been watching the same cruise this year and it goes down to same level as P&O eventually! Plus you can choose your cabin which puts me off booking a Saver fare on P&O.

That sounds lovely Jean, I have looked at the train to Italy a few times, see the price and think "I might as well go on a cruise!"

We did a Great Rail holiday to Lake Garda 3 years ago - had a wonderful time. The train journey through the Alps was amazing and I was able to admire the views rather than worry about what that brown eyed idiot was up to in the car behind me!:D

I have driven a lot in France, Germany and Spain but never ventured into Italy by car...

Ooh always fancied Lake Garda Jean. Put off by not liking flying - how long will it take you to drive?

There's some interesting 7 nighters this year that are not the usual route of La Coruna, Bibao etc. An Aurora one has caught our eye end of September - BUT I said I'd try Princess next year and it's a lovely itinerary. I'm just impatient and the price is good on the P&O one to 3 ports we haven't done before and it's on Aurora which I really want to try! Decisions decisions!!

Have you considered going by train to Lake Garda? Great Rail Journeys do trips there. You could find more info on their website.

We are doing a Great Rail Company trip to Lake Como this coming September so good to hear the reports are good. We have a Med cruise coming up in May but it will be interesting to see how we feel about the train trip.

I think our way will be a lot cheaper. I get v ouchers for the ferry and our diesel car does 60 to the gallon on long runs. will take a look at trains though.

Blinkin' heck, just looked and Lake Garda by train is £1104 pp minimum. We will be spending less than half of that each.

Edited by jeanlyon