Carnival profits nearly double in earnings call

jimbo5544

It's nice to know what a $1 increase in the price of a case of bottled water can do for a company's bottom line. :D

Can't wait to see how the so-called pundits spin this report into evidence of some diabolical plan to rip-off customers come to fruition. I've got my list ready - let's see who bites.

It's nice to know what a $1 increase in the price of a case of bottled water can do for a company's bottom line. :D

Can't wait to see how the so-called pundits spin this report into evidence of some diabolical plan to rip-off customers come to fruition. I've got my list ready - let's see who bites.

;)Wow, you win the cupie doll.......

Let's all make a list of the posters who will slam Carnival, then see what our score is after a few hours.

lol. 8 minutes after this post and there you go!

Congrats shareholders. my brother owns stock!

Good for shareholders and management who have stock options and bonuses.:)

But as a potential customer, not so good.:( I always like my service/goods providers to be struggling just a bit. That way I can get better deals!;)

Edited by DirtyDawg

Sounds like, instead of reducing fares due to the plummeting fuel costs, Carnival Corp. just pocketed the savings.

Is that the best you have? You wouldn't know a successful business if it slapped you in the face. But it's ok. You'll get a better grip of this when you complete grade school.

Looks like management has increased shareholder return on investment! That's great for shareholders, way to go! Unfortunately that means guest experience must have suffered as a trade off either through increased prices were the result of inflation. I'm no economist so I won't speculate on what caused the increase prices.