Mudslides

I have made myself one here at home according to Google instructions ... and it is nothing like one of those I got on board... What's in a ship mudslide.? . I am drunk and I have only had half of this??. Tee hee!

I have made myself one here at home according to Google instructions ... and it is nothing like one of those I got on board... What's in a ship mudslide.? . I am drunk and I have only had half of this??. Tee hee!

I just did a search on the internet for Royal Caribbean Mudslide Recipe and it came up....too long to copy and paste here.

This is from the official Kahalua website. It probably tastes different on the ship because maybe they use a mix? I liked the drinks a lot better before they used so many pre-made mixes.

THE KAHLÚA RECIPE

HOW TO MAKE

1 PART KAHLÚA

1 PARTS ABSOLUT VODKA

1.5 PARTS IRISH CREAM LIQUEUR

Shake Kahlúa, Absolut Vodka and Irish cream Liqueur in a shaker with lots of ice. Serve in a rocks glass with ice. Easy does it. Tip: to make it look even more delicious, add some chocolate flakes on top, because... who says you can't indulge?

I think I might have used double equal measures of everything.... And of course it wasn't served on a glass full of slushy ice

Home measures are a lot more deadly... If I got that on board I wouldn't last very long!

I think I might have used double equal measures of everything.... And of course it wasn't served on a glass full of slushy ice

Home measures are a lot more deadly... If I got that on board I wouldn't last very long!

Did someone wake up with a hangover? :D:D:D

The ship uses an Island Oasis mixer. I've developed a pretty tasty alternative.

1 c. good quality vanilla ice cream

1 oz. each vanilla Vodka, Bailey's Irish Cream, Kahlua

Splash of half and half

Squirt of chocolate syrup

Ice if you want it thicker

Blend all of that in the blender until smooth. Pour into a glass that has been drizzled with chocolate syrup down the inside.

Hi champagne. No hangover.. I think if I had more than one it might have been a different story though!!

Kleo , that Sounds yummy. Think I might try that ... Not tonight though!

Edited by Suzieanna

mudslides on the ship are awful. Good ones are made with ice cream and they don't

Edited by SeaUs

Taste is a very individual thing. I LOVE the ship mudslides. Yes--I have had them other places. YMMV

Closest think you can get to a milkshake that's included in a beverage package.:)