Two simple questions on the prepaid gratuities

Thanks for incorrectly assuming what I was on the phone with Royal for.:rolleyes:

If you really want to know, I was changing cabin locations for my Adventure cruise. Yes at the same time I did lock in my gratuities but that was to take advantage of the exchange rate that Royal is currently offering Canadians as opposed to trying to save the $7.70

Thanks for incorrectly assuming that I thought you were one of the callers who were on line to lock in there tips to save $7.70. Is there any indication in my response to you that says I thought you were one of the people calling in for that purpose? Oh yeah your assumption that 'I really wanted to know" also wrong.

Edited by nealstuber

Thanks for incorrectly assuming that I thought you were one of the callers who were on line to lock in there tips to save $7.70. Is there any indication in my response to you that says I thought you were one of the people calling in for that purpose? Oh yeah your assumption that 'I really wanted to know" also wrong.

You have a T.A., so let them handle it. T.A.'s have access to phone numbers and departments within RCI that the general public doesn't. So stop sweating it:cool:

You donot have to have gratuities prepaid for my time dining. This was changed about a year ago.

Not sure if that's right. I organized MTD a few weeks ago, and I had to pay gratuities in full to get it.

Since you comment originally quoted me it was a pretty easy assumption. If I misinterpreted your post then my apologies.

Not sure if that's right. I organized MTD a few weeks ago, and I had to pay gratuities in full to get it.

Maybe booking policies are different in Australia, but here in US the requirement of prepayment with MTD was removed a while back.

Handle what?

Let them handle whatever you need to have handled. Once you submit your request to the T.A. don't sweat how long the hold time is; it's not your problem. Part of earning the commission means the T.A. deals with it. So why do you care why anyone is calling RCI at all; T.A.'s have access to a different department than the general public do.

Let them handle whatever you need to have handled. Once you submit your request to the T.A. don't sweat how long the hold time is; it's not your problem. Part of earning the commission means the T.A. deals with it. So why do you care why anyone is calling RCI at all; T.A.'s have access to a different department than the general public do.

I call to make payment, but want to make sure my $950 from BOA is applied before that happens.. Once the credit is confirmed, they say please hold while they run by credit card... Stunned that took so long. I've had a lot of luck with this agency in the past, so I think they have all the right contacts, but there were unusually long hold times with yesterday.

I call to make payment, but want to make sure my $950 from BOA is applied before that happens.. Once the credit is confirmed, they say please hold while they run by credit card... Stunned that took so long. I've had a lot of luck with this agency in the past, so I think they have all the right contacts, but there were unusually long hold times with yesterday.

You seem to think your wait time was caused by a mad dash of people calling to prepay gratuities?

Maybe booking policies are different in Australia, but here in US the requirement of prepayment with MTD was removed a while back.

Yes LM I take your point re different countries and policies.

Yes LM I take your point re different countries and policies.

Yes the booking polices can be different. But since Royal processes as a US Credit Card Merchant, they must follow the US Rules. Even if you prepaid the daily gratuities you can remove them and get them back. Call Royal and tell them to do so, when the line representative says no, request request dispute resolutions. It will get done, and you always have your credit card service on your side.

Edited by Expat Cruise