Grand Circle Eastern Europe to Black Sea

Starcurly

We took this same trip several years, but in the late summer. It will probably be somewhat warm with occasional rain. But, that's just my guess. Check some weather sites to get better information.

That part of the Danube is not very pretty, while the area has very interesting history.............much of it very recent. For instance, you will probably have a home visit meal at someones home in Croatia near Vukovar, which will have evidence of the terrible war which took place in the 1990's. Then, you will visit Belgrade, with some additional evidence of that war.

Budapest and Bucharest are interesting places, as the port of Constanta. You will see evidence of the projects built under the former Eastern Block, with lots of abandoned factories. Be prepared to be in countries that are NOT under the euro.

I am looking at taking this trip in June 2016. Any tips? What will the weather be like?

Well, weather can vary, but, we did Bucharest (Constanta) to Budapest last July. It was hot, HOT, HOT! Temperatures were 90+ most days.

As previous poster said, be prepared that not all countries will accept Euros. Some do.

I did that exact cruise last November, with the pretrip in Transylvania which I particularly enjoyed. GCT has great trip leaders and crew on the ships. The Croatia port could have been skipped, but I enjoyed the other ports. Am sorry I didn't buy rose perfume in Bulgaria! If you have any particular questions, just ask.

• 2 months later...

Was also thinking of taking this cruise in November. How was weather? Debating between this and Cote d azure from Paris. We enjoyed our non-cruise last November along the Elbe. Are these towns as beautiful as Prague and Dresden.

Would like other travelers feedback.

Edited by journey47

How was the scenery? What did you like the most, the least? I enjoy beautiful churches, good food and drink, nice scenery. Was the number of people on board a problem? Did you use the onboard roof deck much?

Was also thinking of taking this cruise in November. How was weather? Debating between this and Cote d azure from Paris. We enjoyed our non-cruise last November along the Elbe. Are these towns as beautiful as Prague and Dresden.

Would like other travelers feedback.

We too did a non-cruise last November. I was totally impressed with the way they handled the deviation and our PD Miro.

GCT has some great late season deals out now. Sadly none of the mesh with our Vantage Rhone cruise (except the GCT Rhone).