!! Oasis !! 9 Days Medley Cruise ^_^ The Ultimate Review and Complete Pictorial Guide

Great review! I love the horses too! When we were on the Allure, Captain Johnny came riding through on his motorcycle and parked and talked with us. Just about the only time I didn't have my camera with me....schucks!

LoL, that is why I won't leave the room without a camera. If anything I have too many cameras on me at all times. Kind of funny actually, there was one time that I left without the camera (more on that later) and I felt like I was naked :eek:

The DreamWorks photos are fantastic! Also appreciate the photos of the menu from 150 Central Park as I will finally be dining there on my Oasis cruise :)

Sent from my LG G5 using Tapatalk

I look forward to your take on it, as for a nice server ;)

Great review couple of things

1. Cats is not you or your Mom i think 75% people dont' like it! Reason I will won't book Oasis again. Mama mia here we come!

2. Is it me or it seems they change a a whole bunch of things and up charged too. Looks like the Christmas Cruises when they bumped prices. It's a 9 day cruise should have seriously should have left the $15/day voom. I just would not be happy if i couldn't... steam/Periscope.

3. Ok forgive me, up front I am a non drinker, but just by looking at the first day how did you do without the package. Looks like you were hitting 5 drinks or close to it.

4. Did you have the dessert combo at Sabor, that was amazing.

1. while we did not enjoy it, I was kind of prepared for that already. So that was not a biggie for us, but I can see how many travel for shows.

2. I am not sure if those prices were only for our sailing, or for all future sailings. But it actually worked out for us, and we saved some cash vs the 15. But 20 is deff significant for those looking to periscope.

3. I did not drink like that all the days, plus keep in mind that we had 5 ports. It would be hard to meet the 5 drink minimum on port days. But yeah, I drank quite a bit on day one. And that is not counting some of the wine that I stole from mom :D

4. We did not, we left in a rush to make it to the show. I will keep that in mind for the future.

I'm almost reliving my Oasis cruise. But give us a spoiler alert - tell us the Evil Witch next door got in trouble for smoking on the balcony. The rule follower in me wants to know she got caught! :D :D Sorry it impacted your cruise.

ps - love the horses too. ;)

Lol, no spoilers :D. It will work itself out soon. The story is actually quite dynamic.

Hi Gambee

Am I misunderstanding..your website is up to day 2. Where can I see day 6?

Yeah, you misunderstood me. I post first here and then on my blog. I will soon get to them, I know I have them, just don't know where they are. Keep in mind, I have around 7k pictures to weed out from.

Patience, my child ;)

Hello Ganbee. Once again thanks for bring us along on another one of your fantastic cruises. Prayers for your mom and also for your uncle so he will have a full recovery and be back cruising with you and your mom soon. He seems to have a big heart and loves to bring out the smiles in everyone including me. Congrads on you getting your first choice in Grad school. and also your Citizenship. Your friend Gary:cool:

You're very welcome, it is my pleasure to have you here enjoying our voyage. And thank you for the kind words, and congrats.

Continue to enjoy :)

Gambee, I love the mixture of items on the table. Compasses, high lighter, breakfast and razor. It really doesn't matter the order in which you use them.:)

Right? that pic came out hilarious :D, just mix it all together :eek:

Note to self... Next live review get photos of "man horse" for Gambee, as a thank-you for doing such a wonderful review.

Please do! I love them!

You're welcome, thank you for reading :)

Oasis%20of%20the%20seas%20day%202-139_zpsmamz13mh.jpg

Gambee, I doubt you remember but I have a question for you. There are people sitting in the old Diamond Lounge. On Allure, if I remember correctly, this area is now a card scan secure area and not for guests.

Do you rember if there was any gate or security to get into this area or was it just open access for all?

It is indeed a crew area. Here is what I think. It was a young man, with what I think were his parents. I am almost certain that he was the performer for Cats and those were his parents (visiting him and cruising). Although I could be wrong, that being said, he walked right in (no card swipe). The door was unlocked, I know that because they first walked in all together, and then the "father" left to get his camera, and when he came back he just walked in. I was actually going to introduce myself, but I wasn't sure if it was them or not. The "son" had an RCCL tag with his name and stuff, very handsome fellow.

It could be that he asked for the door to be left open for them ahead of time, I don't know.

That is as good as an answer as I can give you. It is just my theory.

Gambee, this is wonderful! Every post makes me smile and feel happy! I had not planned to sail on the big ships, but your two reviews have my looking at Oasis for 2018. Thank you so much for spending the time to do this!

That's a good feeling, I happy that you're enjoying yourself reading it.

You should deff look into one of the Oasis sisters, they are lovely.

It is indeed a crew area. Here is what I think. It was a young man, with what I think were his parents. I am almost certain that he was the performer for Cats and those were his parents (visiting him and cruising). Although I could be wrong, that being said, he walked right in (no card swipe). The door was unlocked, I know that because they first walked in all together, and then the "father" left to get his camera, and when he came back he just walked in. I was actually going to introduce myself, but I wasn't sure if it was them or not. The "son" had an RCCL tag with his name and stuff, very handsome fellow.

It could be that he asked for the door to be left open for them ahead of time, I don't know.

That is as good as an answer as I can give you. It is just my theory.

Makes total sense to me. Katie Turner, the AM, had her mom and sister on board the first week we were sailing and her family got to join her in special places. It is nice that crew members get to do special things especially when they have visitors.

Thanks for returning and getting us on topic.:)

Enjoying your review of the lovely Oasis.

We are on her again in May for a back-to-back but have not sailed on her since her refit.

Would love to see some photos of the new dining rooms, if you have time.

I must admit to feeling sad that they were changed as the original DR was stunning. So seeing them would be great.

Thanks!

I have a few pics, although not too many. I will post them when I come across them, it is towards the end of the review when we go to the mdr.

Outstanding review! Our very first cruise was on the Oasis and there have been more cruises since then. On Oasis being first timers and a big ship, I know we missed things. We are sailing on the Allure in September and your review has shown us new places to explore. Thanks so much for taking your time to do these.

thank you, I also suggest you read my Allure review. There are things/places that I cover there that I do not cover here.

Loving the review so far. This is my first Gambee experience and I have to say I am loving it.

A women from my office just took a cruise from Jamaica to Cuba. She was there while Obama was there. She said its nothing like she imagined but lots and lots of history.

Glad you're loving it. I work hard at my review so that it appeals to almost everyone. Thank you for posting and reading, I genuinely appreciate it.

Makes total sense to me. Katie Turner, the AM, had her mom and sister on board the first week we were sailing and her family got to join her in special places. It is nice that crew members get to do special things especially when they have visitors.

Thanks for returning and getting us on topic.:)

Welcome :D

Thank you for your continued support, and posts :)

From the pictures it looks as though you could still sit there with chairs. I thought I read on the CC boards that staff use it for a meeting/quiet area and access it by a card swipe.

No access, and deserted on our last Oasis cruise, Andrew!

B0ECEDE7-0719-43F8-AAE4-5C4181B659B4_zpsf4febknp.jpg

DCA18852-98AB-4FAD-A8E4-A95C72194902_zpsrjwqemci.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Hi Gambee. Thank you so much for the detailed review of the Oasis. I really enjoyed it and have learned so much. My husband and I will be sailing in August and your review has certainly built excitement. This will be the last time we will have to cruise in the summer. After 31 years of teaching teenagers, I will be retiring February 2017. When I do, I hope to have some time to do a review of our btb Vista and Harmony cruises. However, there is NO WAY I could ever fill your shoes. Your review is awesome. Thank you once again.