!! Oasis !! 9 Days Medley Cruise ^_^ The Ultimate Review and Complete Pictorial Guide

Gambee by looking at your list of reviews I'm guessing you've never been on Celebrity?? Just curious is all

Yeah, we traveled on the Silhouette doing the western carib. I believe it is right there :)

Cannot WAIT until pics for Labadee tomorrow. Hope you have great weather.

We had a blast in Labadee! I hope you like the pics.

I'm really enjoying your review Gambee. When I first joined CC last year prior to our Easter Cruise on Liberty in April of 2015, I found your review of the Disney Dream. This was our very first cruise and it was like you brought us there all over again. Before going on our Liberty cruise, this was about a month after RCI decided to do away with their elaborate drink and cocktail menus, so I just totally took all the info you had (Nice color pictures) of all the different drink menus and brought them with me on my tablet, and referred to them anytime we wanted to order something different. So it was like you came along with us on our Cruise. Now here you are again with another great review. We are cruising again next March on Anthem with a group of 8 families. Your review makes it seem that much further away, but that's OK.

BTW, Great pictures. I use a Nikon D300s with SB800 at work and I wish it was made of styrofoam :p.

Thanks again and sorry for the long post but I just had to say it all.

dp

Yeah, we traveled on the Silhouette doing the western carib. I believe it is right there :)

Oops sorry missed it:o:o we have that booked for Nov will have to check out your review . We have the Solctise booked in two weeks to HAWAII

Once the muster was done with, mom and I made a dash to our selected sail away spot. It was actually the same spot that we had on the Allure of the Seas. Aft port side on the running track deck. I love that spot, you're able to see everything in close proximity.

Oasis%20of%20the%20seas%20day%201-376_zpszcepdcrw.jpg

Oasis%20of%20the%20seas%20day%201-377_zps7bgi0gsu.jpg

Absolutely enjoying your review and the PICS they are So GREAT !! i feel as though I am on OASIS ..:) I had a question for you this sail away spot, can anyone access this area @ sail away time? I'm assuming this is deck 5 correct. Thank you so much !

Dammit! I loved that shirt, why didn't I get it!?!?!?!!?

Oasis%20of%20the%20seas%20day%202-499_zpsdo4jhwlu.jpg

I have no idea how/why I even noticed this, but why does it have the Maiden Voyage as Dec. 5th 2010? I may be incorrect, but I'm pretty sure I got married while onboard the Oasis....in October of 2010 :confused::p

Sorry to side track....Great review and I am LOVING your pics. You and your mom are the cutest!!

But wait, what makes it the most romantic is the guy in the bathing suit walking right through it.

Nothing like a cruise for seeing a shirtless man walking to classical music by an Italian restaurant!

This stuff must be gold! And I was tempted, but I have to be careful with money nowadays. I have a dangerous palate for premium whisky, and a wallet that does not match it (grad school will be hard for me), LoL :D.

Alcohol is a survival strategy in grad school: maybe you can get your insurance to pay for it! :)

I have no idea how/why I even noticed this, but why does it have the Maiden Voyage as Dec. 5th 2010? I may be incorrect, but I'm pretty sure I got married while onboard the Oasis....in October of 2010 :confused::p...

We noticed that earlier, the maiden voyage of Oasis was actually in 2009.

We noticed that earlier, the maiden voyage of Oasis was actually in 2009.

Thank you.....I was starting to second guess myself on our anniversary date lol!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

quick question, I thought smoking on the balconies was no longer permitted?

On one of our cruises we were not able to be on our balcony at all. The smoke smell at times could be smelled inside our cabin. The folks had other family that were in interior cabins and they all made use of the balcony. We did mention it to our cabin steward and the desk, but this was back when smoking was permitted on balconies.........oh my it was bad, you could even smell it in the hallway when you were walking to the cabin. :eek:

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE your reviews!!!

Finally caught up on this review. We are going on this ship in September. It's my first time on a big ship. My other cruises have all been on smaller ships out of Baltimore. However, we saw a documentary on the making of the Oasis on TV & now DH wants to try this ship. My friend & I are going in Sept & I will probably book for DH & myself then if not before.

I'm really enjoying this review. It eases my anxiety about a new ship & such a large one. I am a little nervous about the size.

Oh well. After reading your review & all reviews I can find on Oasis, I can't wait to try this.

Thanks for your time to put this together.

I have no idea how/why I even noticed this, but why does it have the Maiden Voyage as Dec. 5th 2010? I may be incorrect, but I'm pretty sure I got married while onboard the Oasis....in October of 2010 :confused::p

Sorry to side track....Great review and I am LOVING your pics. You and your mom are the cutest!!

Guess I'm going to have to take white-out to my shirt.

Fantastic thread. Thanks for taking time to post and in so much detail. Very lucky for me that your on ship that's likely to be my choice for my honeymoon next year, your also shooting with camera I intend to buy. Can't wait to see how that of trip goes :).

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

I've read so much bad stuff about spray sunscreen that I will never use it. Yet I see numerous families using them. Am I missing something?

What's wrong with the spray sunscreen? I use it all the time.

Dammit! I loved that shirt, why didn't I get it!?!?!?!!?

Oasis%20of%20the%20seas%20day%202-499_zpsdo4jhwlu.jpg

What size shirt do you wear? I have this t-shirt (with the correct date) in a medium size that my son had to have, but he only wore it a couple of times. Its in great condition and you can have it for free.

Everything was great, well, most everything. I don’t like the gazpacho. I keep thinking it is a bloody Mary on a martini glass :D

Oasis%20of%20the%20seas%20day%202-372_zpsodc0mmkr.jpg

Gambee, this photo has sold me on trying Vintages. Thank-you.:)

They have a really nice setup for Giovannies outside, I don’t remember seeing this on the Allure of the seas. They also had live classical music as well. It was very enjoyable.

Oasis%20of%20the%20seas%20day%202-342_zpseomrj71q.jpg

But wait, what makes it the most romantic is the guy in the bathing suit walking right through it. I actually saw that quite often, the irony of it all is that I saw myself being one of those people. You all know me, the least amount of clothes that I can have on, the happier I am :D

Oh my, that came out wrong. Oh well, life is short. Enjoy the hell out of it. No shame in joy!

Oasis%20of%20the%20seas%20day%202-343_zpspm9pfgxe.jpg

That mess said... How cute is that setup?

Oasis%20of%20the%20seas%20day%202-344_zpsdaksxrer.jpg

Allure does have some table sprawl for Giovanni's but not to this level. I'd find it awkward having a nice meal as people randomly walking through the path where you eat but if the guy with no shirt and a wet swimsuit walked through the I might just have laughed out loud.

Allure does have some table sprawl for Giovanni's but not to this level. I'd find it awkward having a nice meal as people randomly walking through the path where you eat but if the guy with no shirt and a wet swimsuit walked through the I might just have laughed out loud.

Would it have been better if he walked through wearing his RCI bathrobe?:eek::D Oh, wrong thread.;)

Excellent so far, as expected, you do not disappoint.

You make me want to do a review...not only to share with folks on here, but to also keep as a diary of sorts for myself. I'm doing an eastern Mediterranean cruise in June with MSC and I think I may just do a TR with photos. I did one of our Dream cruise but the pics are gone...I guess because it was a free trial image hosting site.

I heard Photobucket was slow as molasses and in my area, the internet speed is sucky..so If I do a TR, I'll have to find a photo hosting site that won't take forever to upload pics. Any recommendations?? I have a Sony cybershot and a Canon point and shoot, so my photos will not be nearly as sophisticated as your's but might still be helpful for people who are planning an Eastern Med itinerary.:confused

And Gambee, let's be real...you know you will need AT LEAST 40 chapters for this 9 DAY trip...:cool::D Look forward to getting home every day to check out your TR.