Diamond kids/young adult

The youngest Pinnacle Club member is 9 years old, and she attained those points on her own merit (and her parents' dime, of course), as the rules state. We met the family in January, on Oasis.

Does Mario have kids DS? :D Forget home schooling, lets try ship schooling.

Good question, I don't know his family history. Even if he does, they have to be Pinnacles in their own right. :)

All I know is, meeting a 9 year old Pinnacle member would make me feel old.:p

We'll be diamond after this cruise. We only cruise with the kids now, but we went on one 7 day cruise before we had kids, so the oldest is one 7 day cruise behind her parents. The middle guy is two 7 day cruises behind us simply because of when he was born, and the youngest is four 7 day cruises behind us because of when he was born. At 13. 10 and 6, I think they'll make it to diamond on their own before they are 18.

I've will admit, I've piggy backed off of my parents diamond (Rccl) and elite status (celebrity) but with the exception of MSC have earned the rest of mine fair and square.

To be honest if I was not diamond/elite I would probably not sail Rccl or celebrity as much as I do.

Edited by amscene1

I've will admit, I've piggy backed off of my parents diamond (Rccl) and elite status (celebrity) but with the exception of MSC have earned the rest of mine fair and square.

To be honest if I was not diamond/elite I would probably not sail Rccl or celebrity as much as I do.

Thank you for your comment. This is a good example that it's a good marketing strategy for RCI to extend C&A tier levels achieved to family members.

Edited by travelgoddess1

I can confirm that when you turn 18, you get knocked off whatever status your parents have. I got bumped down from Emerald to Platinum! Currently I am still Emerald (just 6 points to go....so close!!) but my parents have made it to Diamond. My sister as well, got bumped from Emerald to Platinum and is fighting up to Diamond with me.

I can confirm that when you turn 18, you get knocked off whatever status your parents have. I got bumped down from Emerald to Platinum! Currently I am still Emerald (just 6 points to go....so close!!) but my parents have made it to Diamond. My sister as well, got bumped from Emerald to Platinum and is fighting up to Diamond with me.

You should not have gotten bumped down, unless you were moved up by mistake after you turned 18. If your level was lowered below what your parent's level was on your 18th birthday, then I'd call C&A and have them double check.

No one asked is the so called big number of D and D+ children occupying space in the lounges where older people with out children need to find a seat. Not to forget grandparent being grandparents taking their grandchildren on cruise and occupying more space in the lounges. I guess pretty soon, all the ships bars will be d and d" and CL lounges.

I met a 10 year old a couple of years ago that was close to Pinnacle on her own, cruises with both grandparents and parents on spring break, all summer, I guess she lived on a cruise ship most of the summer and not to forget Xmas on some years LOL